Old 04-20-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Rally On! Calling All Rivettes - Eastern USA

Hello, if you're a woman who tows, you're a Rivette - single, divorced, widowed - you're a Rivette. You're also a Rivette if you have a husband with a great sense of humor and a skirt "aka: Larrita", or your partner (A) respects your abilities, (B) is heavily sedated or (C) has been duct taped in the back seat.... you're a Rivette!

The season is advancing so I say it's Time for a Rally!

I'm game for anything from Virginia to Pennsylvania. I know we have several fly fishers and it's something I've always wanted to do... so a location with lakes and streams would be great. Any suggested venues or time frames. I'd personally prefer late May - before ALL the vacationers swamp the parks.

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Sparks , Nevada
This sounds like so much fun --- but I'm too much of a wimp to consider that length of a tow just yet. Maybe next year I will feel *seasoned* enough to make such a trek. You all have fun!!!

funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
The Silver Schooner
2007 28' Safari SE
Dover , New Hampshire
Oh, I'd love to, but even PA is a bit of a haul for me and I've pretty much committed all my vacation time this year. But those who can should go for it. Maybe we could also start planning one for next year so we have plenty of lead time to plan for it? Just a thought.
Louisa & Jasper Joy
Pudentane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
Miss Rivette
1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Im up for it, but im thinking PA! Late may however wont work for me, Maybe early June would.
Laura Miss Rivette 2008
W8JUZ --......--
"Support Search and Rescue, GET LOST!!!!"
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
Rivet Master
1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
If the dates work out I'm willing to give it a try. I might have to talk someone into riding shot gun with me to keep the family/hubby happy. Its funny but I just made the comment to Sharon that if I towed the Princess to Florida I would have to do all of the above to H. in order to keep from commiting homicide!LOL
The Silver Queen
danalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:19 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member
2008 16' Bambi
New York , New York
I would love to, but as it is late in planning the Airstreaming year, all that would work for me is the 1st weekend in June. As a suggestion I did check with the KOA at the Del Water Gap (see link). They have space, I enquired as a ball park number 15 rigs and they said no problem. It is a beautiful place, central location, just off I80, on the Pa side at the NJ/Pa border. There is local fishing, but not at the camp ground.
ITsIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #7
Rivet Master
2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963

...ripvan winkle here just really checking in.

I am game. I will be vacationing with Peter some time in May and then we have three weeks in August-Sept so we will be hitting the Vintage Jam 09 I think or I hope and doing a bit of the summer crowd thing near the beach or head to the mountains to do some river kayaking. Or maybe the Shanedoagh for some caving and R&R hiking. (Hey Steph wanna do that hike you were talking about - I can pull the trailer and you walk I'll get the new reno done before so you can have a really long bed to accommodate your legs that will be stretched by the end of the skyline

I also intend to jump into the states some time in July possibly - closer to Dannies for a business venture.

I am not sure if my budget can handle the International in WI this year and Peter's vacation timing is not on for it either unfortunately.

So yes if there is a place and a time that we might be able to get at least a contingent of 5 that would be great. I like the idea of the PA VA,WV, or even northwest NC In fact I even like the idea of New York too...City that is I'll drag the ModPod anywhere!

Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright now, then it is not the end.
GT1963 is offline   Reply With Quote