Old 05-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #29
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Okay, the seminar is going to be about the different fasteners used in our trailers, and where and how they are used, installed, and maintained, if needed. I've grabbed a sampling off all the rivets, nuts, bolts, screws and whatnot from the parts department. I've also grabbed a bunch of olympic rivets and shaver, along with a sheet of aluminum so anybody that wants to can try their hand at shaving rivets.
It'll be the first seminar on the first day. That way, we can get all the stuff tweaked for the other seminars, as far as sound, lighting, etc.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #30
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
....and having sat in on one of Terry's riveting classes, I can tell you they are (may I smirk as I say this, "RIVETING.."! Looking forward to seeing you and Marie, Terry! Barry

ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #31
Smoky Mountain Bearstreaming

2012 30' Classic
Knoxville , Tennessee
One of these days!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #32
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB View Post
....and having sat in on one of Terry's riveting classes, I can tell you they are (may I smirk as I say this, "RIVETING.."! Looking forward to seeing you and Marie, Terry! Barry
At least this time, everything will be at the tent, without everybody traveling from campsite to campsite. That means I can keep the audience riveted to their seats...
Old 05-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
Reese , Michigan
Ya betcha

We have been camping in the enterprize since 1999 and have just discovered the vintage trailer scene, and really enjoy it. We have joined the group TIN CAN TOURISTS and are heading to Milford MI. May 16-19, 150 miles round trip, then to the mothership at Jackson Center, Ohio for alumapalooza, May 30- June 2- 474 miles round trip. so far 14 outings and counting for the summer, sounds like semi-retirement to me.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #34
1 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Rehoboth beach , Delaware
I want to do the riveting class . Do we sign up when we get there? Also will there be representatives from fantastic fans?
Old 05-11-2013, 06:14 AM   #35
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennb View Post
I want to do the riveting class . Do we sign up when we get there? Also will there be representatives from fantastic fans?

There will be a sign up sheet in the main tent for that as well as the Backup Derby, the Aluminum Gong Show and The tests drives. There is a a rep from Fantastic Fan coming, they will be there on the weekend days.

See you there soon!
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #36
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennb View Post

Just a quick point of reference, the Rivet Masters is a competition of teams of 2, you will get basic instruction, but it is not technically a class.

Each team of 2 will be timed and you will buck as many rivets in that time as you can, the team with the most PROPERLY bucked rivets will be judged the winners. The judging will be done by Airstream Service center staff. It is fun and you get to learn as well as practice on someone elses aluminum...
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #37
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
Pat,
We will be attending this year. It's been a few years and a bunch of miles since we saw you...
Well, that's great news, Richard and Jan. We've been trying to get out west again but just haven't been able to. It will be nice to see you Arizonans!

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #38
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Centrally Located , Wish you were here!
Yippee!!!

Looks like we will be headed to the mother ship for our 3rd Alumapalooza!!!

http://byams55flyingcloud.blogspot.com/
Byams55FlyCl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:51 AM   #39
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Antioch , SF Bay Area
I'm hoping we can make this next year for sure! We both work and I just started a new job a couple of months ago so not in the cards this year. We are making the much shorter trek to Alumafandango tho.

https://www.facebook.com/starlettediary
Suzzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #40
2 Rivet Member

2004 31' Classic
Middle River , Maryland
We got to Jackson Center on Tuesday afternoon for a Wednesday morning appointment for 5050 in the great Airstream Service Center. Work was completed Friday afternoon and now we're sitting 50 miles away, at friend's farm.
We'll be back on Tuesday morning for Alumapalooza.

Looking forward to beautiful weather and meeting new aluminum obsessed friends.

Imelda Hill, John Barlow, Luella, Marlene, Chica and 5050.

P. S. Stop by to see all the stuff we've done to 5050. I call it "getting the ugly out". We loved her from day one, bought used, but now she does NOT look like anyone else's Classic.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #41
3 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Westfield , Indiana
We are looking forward with much anticipation to our 4th Alumapalooza! We have met the most wonderful people there from all over the US. Our first year, our neighbors were from Delaware, our second year they were from California, and last year, we never saw them, but we made many other friends that didn't happen to be our neighbors. We love sharing time with others who have the same enthusiasm for aluminum as we do!
Old 05-26-2013, 06:44 AM   #42
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
I've been putting together my fastener program, and I think me droning for an hour or more about rivets, screws, and bolts would probably put most people in a coma. So, in the interest of furthering everybody's education and experience, I am also going to be demonstrating the 30 cent door hinge pin repair. For those of you with later model trailers that have the issue of the main door hinge pin that walks up out of the hinge will be interested in this.
Also, I brought a couple sheets of aluminum, and I will be demonstrating Olympic rivet installation and shaving. Those of you that have never dared try this, and would like to give it a try without fear of destroying your Airstream, are welcome to give it a try.