Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-15-2009, 10:30 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Ohio Paddle Quest 2009 & Informal Rally!!

I work for Gander Mountain and my store is sending 2 of us to Mohican as representatives to host the Mohican stop on the 2009 Paddle Quest.

June 13 - Pleasant Hill Lake (Mohican State Park), Loudonville, OH

To register:
Gander Mountain™ - We Live Outdoors - Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Outdoor Recreation, Apparel & Footwear, Gunsmithing

For more information:
Paddle Quest 2009 Dates Announced - OhioValleyOutdoors.com | Hunting, fishing and outdoors information for the Ohio Valley

I am looking in to campgrounds in the area and will post which we will be at for this weekend (We plan to arrive Thursday the 11th and stay through till Sunday the 14th.) I hope some of you can make it and join us for this fun event! Besides I could use all the support I can get.

I will post more as it develops but hope to see those of you who can't make it to any of the other rallies that weekend will join us for this local one!
Airbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
ohioans

Airbiscuit is our daughter, Loren. We are planning on joining this paddle adventure for that weekend of fun. Hope some of the rest of you will come too.

Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Bummer !

We are just getting back from vegas that weekend. No way we will be ready for the trip. Sounds fun thought.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:19 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
DanB,
You could always plan ahead and get everything ready to go before you left for Vegas besides, you could then call it a double holiday!
Old 06-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
We will be taking a road trip to Pleasant Valley Hill Lake to check out their facilities and scope out the sites there. Since that is where the actual event will be held, we might as well try to get in there. The lady at the desk doing the reservations said that they are not expecting many people there for the weekend to camp so we shall have a site or three nailed down by Wed.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
Paddle faster! I hear banjo music.

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:43 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Paddle away

Larry and I went on a roadtrip with Loren (airbiscuit) to check out this park. Link: Pleasant Hill Lake
It is a pretty place tucked back in the hills with a huge lake and dam. Part of the Muskingum Water Conservancy District, it boasts 1345 acres of land and 850 acres of water. The campground has several areas. All of the sites are grassy areas and smaller than the State Park at Mohican. Hopefully, they are as quiet as we saw them in the middle of the week.
Larry and I are pre-registered for the event. While we may not be paddling, we will be there helping Loren and her crew to set up the event. There are lots of neat things in the drawings that they are doing. The area for the paddle quest looks like a nice quiet cove on the lake. Bring your kayaks and canoes and come join in the fun!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:30 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
To register for Paddle Quest:

Gander Mountain® > Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Outdoor Gear & Equipment : We Live Outdoors® in the lower right side of the website, click on Seminars & Events, then pick Ohio, the first one should be... "2/20/2009 - 9/26/2009 Paddle Quest 2009" click on the Paddle Quest 2009 and it will take you to the registration page. By preregistering you are entered into some pretty awesome raffle drawings and you will receive a FREE lunch

We will be arriving Friday am and hopefully going to do some yaking on the river in Loudonville in the afternoon. Schedule for Saturday will be:
8am-10am Check in/Registration
10am- 10:15am Intro/ Safety/Demo
10:20am Hit the water!
12:30pm Lunch (Free for those pre registered)
1:30-2pm Paddle Quest Location Completed!!

This is also going on during Ohio Boater Safety Weekend so there will be other activities including free boat rides at the Marina!

Hope to see you there!!