Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Ohio Airstreamers - Informal forum for weekend camping

Hi all:

I figured it would be nice to have a dedicated forum for people to post where they are camping "this weekend" so that other local Airstreamers can join.

I'll start with mine.

We are planning on taking the AS to Mohican State Park in Loudonville, OH for the weekend of May 1-3. We're planning to check in Friday evening and checkout sometime Sunday morning. We've got a baby shower to go to on Sat. around lunchtime, but it's only up in Ashland, so no biggy. We don't have reservations yet...waiting to may sure it's not 40 and rain/snow all weekend, first . Would be great to see some other Ohio Airstreamers there.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:31 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Re: Ohio camping

Where will this thread reside? I will bookmark it and try and keep track of it.
Larry and I don't have any plans for that weekend yet. Let us know when the weather report is in. We have a new to us 1989 AS Excella 1000 29 footer to practice with when we get a chance. Think it is going to be lots of fun. We got to the Dogwood/Bluegrass Rally in KY and things went great!
Hope to see a bunch of Ohioans rallying soon!!
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Any one else??

And any other folks that are interested. PA, MI, IN, KY, TN Anyone up for a campout?
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-23-2009, 05:23 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
I am hoping to keep the thread right here. Andrea and I contemplated what section of the forums to put it under and chose here. It seemed kinda obscure that the the Ohio camping duscussion was happening under a title that was started over a year ago that was specific to one event. So, hopefully now people will search for Ohio find this thread and soon all will have it on their subscribed list and will get a notification when somone posts where they are camping for the weekend and can join in if they want.

Andrea and I have had plans to camp a couple times recently and everything has fallen through at the last minute. So, the AS hasn't been used since your driveway, loudruff. We're going next weekend whether anyone else goes or not (weather permitting. It would be this weekend, but I've got a poker run on Sat. on the bike plus my own poker run to promote at a bike mtg. in Ashland on Sat. evening.

Glad to her you bought the Excella. You selling the Minuet, then? I know two AS's aren't going to fit in your barn. I saw your posts regarding the Bluegrass rally. We looked at going to that, but decided it was getting pretty big and was a bit too much perhaps for our first rally. We've made reservations for the Georgia Mtn. Fairground for the Springstream forum rally May 14-17. So, we'll be going to that.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:48 AM   #5
Roadtrain O--O~(--ooo--)

2000 34' Limited
1979 31' Excella 500
Miamisburg , Ohio
Great Idea! We will be keeping track of the thread.
AIR #12881
TAC OH-10
ebair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:05 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
We have a new to us 1989 AS Excella 1000 29 footer to practice with when we get a chance.
How exciting!!! I can't wait to see the new one. A couple pictures would be nice too

Andrea
Old 04-23-2009, 07:28 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
I have also BOOKMARKED this page. Jason and Andrea I think its a great idea that we get the OHIO Streamers together here in the state. Although we would love too, we are not able to travel all over the country to rallies,so Airforums Rallys here in the state would be Great.
I will run that May Date passed the wife and see what happens.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:11 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Yay Lou,, please post pictures of the interior of your new Stream!!! Happy Trails,, donna
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #9
Sky
Classic 30

Sum Wear , Ohio
Can't do Mohican, but I bookmarked the thread, thanks

2500HD DMax............30' Classic
Old 04-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Lou and Larry
Happy for you and the AS. Full time bed I'm guessing? That will be so nice if it does. I wish we had one. You need to post pics.
bob otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:15 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Talking

Lou
You and Larry will have to get walkie talkies to be able to talk to each other in there. All that extra space would be wonderful. That's a big AS.
Did you have to get a new tow vehicle? Where did you find it? What color interior? Is it all original or has it been redone in any way? Would've been cheaper to buy a new AC for the Minuet. Really happy for you.
Jayne and BB
Old 04-23-2009, 05:19 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

Jason

Thanks for putting this in. I have it listed in my favorites. Easy to visit whenever we want. Nice to meet you. Nice lookin AS.
BB
Old 04-23-2009, 06:18 PM   #13
TAC OH-17

1994 34' Limited
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
Hey everyone,
Julie and I will keep watching this thread too. May first at mohican is out for us...anyone want to try Indian Lake for May 9, 10th? Larry, Lou, good meeting you in Ky. Hope to see you out and about this summer here in Ohio
runningbarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Jason
I bounced that May 1st date off the wife and she said if we can get the trailer ready and its 80 degrees she might consider it.
Runninbare
Whats at Indian Lake?????
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:12 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
May 9-10 at Indian Lake would be good, but with 1-2 at Mohican, May 10 being mother's day and plans to go to Springstream in GA May 14-17...9-10 would be a bit too much for us. Hope you can get some folks to join you, though.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:42 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningbarre View Post
Hey everyone,
Julie and I will keep watching this thread too. May first at mohican is out for us...anyone want to try Indian Lake for May 9, 10th? Larry, Lou, good meeting you in Ky. Hope to see you out and about this summer here in Ohio
Sorry, we are going to watch our daughter commence....Master's Degree... on Sat., May 9th....Yay!!! Ashland Univ. is too far from Indian Lake to do a split in the middle. We will catch up with you along the way on another weekend. Thanks for the invite.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-23-2009, 09:15 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
details

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob otto View Post
Lou
You and Larry will have to get walkie talkies to be able to talk to each other in there. All that extra space would be wonderful. That's a big AS.
Did you have to get a new tow vehicle? Where did you find it? What color interior? Is it all original or has it been redone in any way? Would've been cheaper to buy a new AC for the Minuet. Really happy for you.
Jayne and BB
We are having a good time with the new to us Excella 1000. Found it here in the Classifieds. All 29 feet are awesome! Larry says to tell you that while we don't need walkie talkies, the echo in there is awesome. No need for a new tow vehicle. The E350 did just fine. Larry is in love with the PO's Hensley hitch, so it looks like that will be on the shopping list. The inside is light and airy. Light earthtones, oak cabinetry, updated floor and counters and faucets. He did the kitchen backsplash in aluminum and it makes it look so much brighter.
Yep, would have been way cheaper to get the AC for the Minuet, but this is more fun!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #18
Sky
Classic 30

Sum Wear , Ohio
Its a beautiful coach, I can vouch for that. Lou, did you get your rug re sized yet?

2500HD DMax............30' Classic
Old 04-23-2009, 09:32 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
carpet

Thanks, we think that it is a nice coach too.
Nope, I did not get to that carpet yet. The carpet piece has a nice border all the way around it which sets the theme and I am worrying that if the border has to go then it will spoil the look. So I have to get out there and measure and figure out if it is worth doing. It may be just wayyy too big. But playing with that kind of stuff is kinda' fun.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-24-2009, 08:36 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f47/...tml#post690749
Andrea, pictures of the new to us AS went up on the Silver Sister thread...post #2425
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Tags
ohio, rally