Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2017, 03:55 PM   #761
4 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Columbus , Ohio
Interstates Welcome?

Was wondering, how many Interstate owners do you have in your club?
Thanks!
Mark
Old 04-10-2017, 07:54 PM   #762
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
NOVA has none that I know of, yet.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:26 PM   #763
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbiscuit View Post
Hello everyone!!! We have started the 7th Anniversary Rally thread! Come take a peak and see where we are this year!!!

Hope to see you all there!!!!

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f290...ml#post1928478
Larry and I have made our reservations for this and hope lots of you will join us at West Branch SP!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-27-2017, 04:29 PM   #764
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
October- Findley SP, Chili CookOff

Loren made reservations for all of us at the Findley SP Chili Cook Off scheduled for Oct. 27th weekend. We will arrive on that Thursday.
Praying for nice fall weather!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-27-2017, 04:59 PM   #765
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
hey Lou, is it Findley or Ravenna?
Al

TAC ON-3
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:37 PM   #766
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Hinckley , Ohio
Hey Al it looks like both places.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:58 PM   #767
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
We are doing the Anniversary Rally end of Sept. In revenna. Then some of is attend Findley in Wellington at the end of Oct for their chilli cookoff
Old 04-27-2017, 07:24 PM   #768
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Airbiscuit Anniversary and cook off is Sept. The SP Chili Cook off rally is at Findley, end of Oct.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-11-2017, 08:14 PM   #769
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Piney Woods, Land Between the Lakes, KY

Larry was able to snag a camping spot in the Piney Woods so that we can watch the eclipse. Anybody else headed to watch?
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-12-2017, 05:06 AM   #770
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
We considered getting a spot somewhere right in the belt of 100% eclipse, but in the end decided that the 80-90% range that northern Ohio will get will be good enough vs. taking 1-2 vacation days to travel. As it turns out, I will be in Germany all that week anyway so I don't get to see it anyway. The rest of the family will enjoy from the back yard of the house with my welding helmet :-)
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:41 AM   #771
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Hinckley , Ohio
We had reservations at Cade Cove. But I canceled them and desided to go to Top of Georgia. And astronomer friend will also be there.

TOG doesn't normally take reservations. But we talked them into it.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:00 AM   #772
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Wow! That will be so cool!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-16-2017, 01:28 PM   #773
4 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Columbus , Ohio
camping for the eclipse

I hope that when you get to your reserved camp site, that you will have clear skies for the viewing!
Old 08-20-2017, 02:06 PM   #774
3 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
Morgan's Canoe Campout in Morrow, OH This Weekend

Several of us are getting together at Morgan's from this Thursday, August 24 - Sunday, August 27. All are welcome to join us. This is a boondocking campground only and no generators are allowed. Let me know if you'd like to attend and I will make the arrangements. Contact me here by replying or at my e-mail address below. I have several sites together and if we need more that shouldn't be a problem although they may not be sites right next to the block of sites I already have reserved. Not a big deal, though, as all the sites are great! The sites are huge and we may have more than one camper per site. The rates are around $27 - $35/night and if more than one RV per site then they charge per person at around $10/ea. Payment due upon arrival. Morgan's is a canoe livery and the actual livery is located up river about 3 miles from the campground. The campground is at:

6262 Gilmour Rd. Morrow, OH.

There is a lot to do there being right on the Little Miami River including canoeing, kayaking, tubing, swimming, fishing and the Ft. Ancient Indian mounds and museum are right up the road, too. Also fossil and arrowhead hunting can be done right there in and around camp.

My contact is:

alanjmcd@gmail.com

-Alan
Cincinnati, OH
AlanMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 02:49 PM   #775
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Currently parked at Piney CG, Land Between the Lakes, TN. Super nice CG. Lots to do. Only trouble is that it is 90 deg.+ here. Hoping for clear skies for the big eclipse tomorrow. Larry is gearing up to try and get a picture. Wish my NOVA Friends were here.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-20-2017, 04:48 PM   #776
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
My family can't make it but glad to see a gathering in the Cincy-metro area. We camped on the river last year labor day and had a great weekend in the area. I hope you get a couple of Airstreams to join you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanMcD View Post
Several of us are getting together at Morgan's from this Thursday, August 24 - Sunday, August 27. All are welcome to join us. This is a boondocking campground only and no generators are allowed. Let me know if you'd like to attend and I will make the arrangements. Contact me here by replying or at my e-mail address below. I have several sites together and if we need more that shouldn't be a problem although they may not be sites right next to the block of sites I already have reserved. Not a big deal, though, as all the sites are great! The sites are huge and we may have more than one camper per site. The rates are around $27 - $35/night and if more than one RV per site then they charge per person at around $10/ea. Payment due upon arrival. Morgan's is a canoe livery and the actual livery is located up river about 3 miles from the campground. The campground is at:

6262 Gilmour Rd. Morrow, OH.

There is a lot to do there being right on the Little Miami River including canoeing, kayaking, tubing, swimming, fishing and the Ft. Ancient Indian mounds and museum are right up the road, too. Also fossil and arrowhead hunting can be done right there in and around camp.

My contact is:

alanjmcd@gmail.com

-Alan
Cincinnati, OH
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:16 AM   #777
3 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
Hi Winestream, yeah, this is our favorite campground. So far we have 6 RV's including 4 Airstreams, a T@B and a Vista Cruiser trailer (Gulf Stream).

-Alan
Cincinnati, OH
Old 09-23-2017, 09:01 PM   #778
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Hoping to see a bunch of your smiling faces this coming weekend at West Branch State Park! It will be CJs first ever camping trip! El is an old pro now... though this will be her first outting for the year! Yikes!
Old 11-04-2017, 10:11 AM   #779
3 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
OH to NH Caravan in June 2018

My wife & I are planning a trip to NH in June 2018, leaving on Friday, June 8th to visit family in the Manchester, NH area. We do this trip every so often and combine the family visit with sightseeing and camping and this time we would like to invite others to join us and make it a caravan campout. This time of year is nice because school is still in session so the campgrounds and POI’s are generally not crowded and the bugs are minimal and the temperature and weather are pleasant.
The gist of it is we will leave from Cincinnati (or your home area) and drive to, and meet up at Bald Eagle State Park in PA off of I-80 for one night in order to break up the long drive out to New England. The next morning, Saturday, June 9 we will drive out to Hampton Beach SP campground in Hampton, NH and spend two nights there on the beach. From there on Monday, June 11 we will head up to the Kancamagus Hwy in the White Mountains of NH and spend 2 nights at Jigger Johnson Campground. Then we head South to Saddleback Campground in Northwood, NH and spend 3 nights there. Then on Saturday, June 16 we head towards home going through up state NY out I-90 and in order to break up the long return trip home we will spend one night at the Westfield/Lake Erie KOA in PA then homeward bound on Sunday the 17th.
We are open to suggestions from participants for things to do and see and even alternative campgrounds and we may juggle things a bit such as spending 3 nights at Jigger Johnson in the White Mountains and 2 nights at Saddleback Campground. Also Jigger Johnson Campground and all the campgrounds on the Kancamagus Hwy are first come first serve so we run a slight risk of having to make other last minute plans for a campground, however, there are a number of private and state campgrounds in the area so we should not have a problem overall. Also note that Jigger Johnson (and all but one campground on the Kancamagus) is a boondocking only campground.
Some of the activities we hope to do as a group (or on your own) are the beach and the Hampton Beach boardwalk, The Cog Railroad in the Wht. Mnts., the seaside town of Portsmouth, NH and Stawberry Banke colonial village along with the beautiful seaside gardens across from Strawberry Banke. Of course some of the wonderful local seafood restaurants will definitely be on the agenda. We may also take a day trip to upstate NH for some moose watching. Maybe a tour of the Anhauser-Busch brewery in Merrimac, NH and hoping to do some of the popular attractions in the mountains such as The Flume, The Basin and maybe a gondola ride up Canon Mountain ski resort, etc. We will do whatever we can fit in and of course everyone is welcome to venture out on their own.
My estimated cost for campgrounds, gas and meals “at home” to be approximately $1,268 dollars per couple for the 10 days. This does not include meals out and anything else you buy such as souvenirs, activities, etc. The miles are estimated to be 1,994 round trip from Cincinnati per Google maps.
We have done this trip before but not this exact itinerary.
Let me know if you can make it before January 1, 2018. Contact me at: alanjmcd@gmail.com and I will make the reservations in January. I will require payment as soon as possible after making the reservations and I will contact you with the amount owed. If you would rather make your own reservation that is fine, too. If you decide after January 1st that you want to attend this caravan/rally you will need to make your own reservations.

-Alan
Old 11-04-2017, 02:13 PM   #780
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Hinckley , Ohio
Very interesting. Thinking about it.

Tags
ohio, rally