Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #561
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Zanesville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
If you have Zip Dee awnings you can probably call Airstream and get the parts needed. Where have you tried so far?
I've looked locally and online, but I can't find anyplace to sell awnings without the material. I have a local person that I want to make all of them at the same time including the tire covers.
Laff67safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #562
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
If you have Zip Dee awnings you can probably call Airstream and get the parts needed. Where have you tried so far?
Another good source would be Zip-Dee itself. They are still in business. I dealt with them directly as an option when I got the three awnings for my moho done. The sales person there said that the Sunbrella fabric was the most expensive part of an awning, so if you are re-using existing fabric, then perhaps the hardware isn't that cost-intensive.

The hardware isn't hard to find, really. It's all in if you want to pay new prices (Airstream or Zip-Dee) or hold out that someone is selling it used on eBay, which happens on occasion.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #563
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Airstream is where I would call. You can probably get sources from them. They have a Zip Dee installation building at JC. Maybe they have some good ideas. JC is about 2.5 hrs. from Zanesville, I think.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #564
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
July at Deer Creek State Park

The Fouts and Keesor families will be camping at Deer Creek on the weekend of July 20th and we would like to extend a invitation to anyone that does not already have plans for July. For those that may be unfamiliarity with the Deer Creek State Park even lots 8 - 37 are wooded and very nice. We will be arriving Thursday the 18th and will be on lots 32 and 34. - Terry
#1941 Nova
Central Ohio VJMC
Vintage Tube Audio
safarinight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #565
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Hello fellow Ohio peeps! This is a friendly reminder that the TAC Ohio Rally is coming up at Wayne County Fairgrounds April 4-7. The schedule of events and information can be found here on the airforums calendar page (I would link you to the thread but my phone refuses to let me paste it)
Hope to see some new faces and reunite with others.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:39 AM   #566
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Zanesville , Ohio
I would love to attend but im afraid Henrietta won't be put back together yet. Maybe I can sucker some friends in helping and can get it ready. Wish me luck.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #567
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
TAC rally coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laff67safari View Post
I recently purchased a 67 safari. Whats the secrete password to get invited to some events.
Laff67safari,
Hope you have decided to join us at the TAC rally coming up Apr. 4
We plan on having a great time in Wooster!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 03-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #568
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Airstream Forums - 2013 TAC-OH Amish Country Rally

Come get signed up so we can get a headcount for goody bags!!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #569
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
I am making the 3rd edition camping log. Anyone need a new one or new pages?
Old 04-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #570
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Zanesville , Ohio
I'm almost done the the refurb. Heading to salt fork next weekend (4/26-4/28). Would love to meet some airstream peps.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #571
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Salt Fork SP

Salt Fork SP is a pretty park with lots to see around the area. The only drawback that we have found there are the number of skunks in the camping area. They were everywhere, esp. at dusk. They are not afraid of people or pets. And they were responsible for several sprayings of pets and people while we were there. Made the campground almost unbearable. We went inside at dusk and didn't continue the campfires due to their presence. This was a couple of years ago. I hope that the park has been able to do something to discourage them, but I don't know what that would be. The skunks have been encouraged by food found around picnic areas and campfire areas. Hard to deal with.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #572
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Akron , Ohio
Skunk Away!

I remember that my grandparents used to spray apple cider vinegar. Then I did a quick search to see if it was just them....other people use it too!
How to avoid skunks in camp - by Elizabeth Nuttall - Helium

Wish I was at Salt Fork today>80 degrees....nice!
1991 Excella 29 foot w/ProPride 3P hitch
2006 Jeep Commander-V8 4.7L Tow package
aireseneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #573
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
skunks

Don't think I am going to spray the skunks with pepper or vinegar. I think that would encourage them to spray YOU. Yikes.
With 5 doggies, you may want to re-think going there, or be very vigilant about the dogs. We were sitting around the campfire. The light of the campfire did not deter them. As I was sitting there, one of the adults walked under my camp chair. Larry whispered to me to be very still because it was under me. So I froze and waited. The dang skunk licked my ankle. But I did sit still!! It finally ambled away. And we decided that we would be better off inside! LOL!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #574
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Airstreamers at Dillon

Some of our friends are going to be encamped at Dillon SP the weekend of April 26th. They are a welcoming group and I am sure you would have fun if you have time to join them.
How about the rest of the Ohioans? Anyone camping yet??
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-19-2013, 05:45 AM   #575
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Akron , Ohio
Quote:
Don't think I am going to spray the skunks with pepper or vinegar. I think that would encourage them to spray YOU. Yikes.
I should have written more>you don't need to spray the skunks themselves. (they might spray back!) Using the common kitchen items mixed up, you spray the things you want them to stay away from, such as around the rubbish bins, or creating a sprayed perimeter around your fire. You could even spray under your chairs!
1991 Excella 29 foot w/ProPride 3P hitch
2006 Jeep Commander-V8 4.7L Tow package
aireseneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:07 AM   #576
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Hi Lou and others!

We went to Salt Fork SP last Memorial Day Weekend, and I'm thinking our son-in-law told us that there had been some skunks seen down the row from us, but it could have been racoons, I really can't remember. I don't know how you were able to sit still with that skunk so close and then licking your ankle! Wow, you must have nerves of steel.

We are planning our first outing in about a week or so. A nice fellow from the State (at the Anniversary Rally last Fall) gave us a list of four SP's he thought would fill our list of desires, after we told him what we were looking for: peaceful; trees; room between sites, etc. We're thinking we might go during the week (Frank took vacation) so we can enjoy it without a full park. We haven't decided which one to try, but the four he listed were: Mohican; Tar Hollow; Burr Oak; and Shawnee. Do you have thoughts on any of these?

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #577
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
If you are there on the weekend and gimme a heads up, maybe we can join you if you are at mohican just for the weekend.... if you want company then
Old 04-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #578
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Loren, that sounds great, and anyone else who'd like to go too.

We thought we'd wait to see how the weather is before deciding when/where to go, but Mohican is one I've been thinking seriously about. We camped with some other friends (SOB owners) year before last at a Muskingum Watershed campground near there and went into Loudonville for a great dinner at a family bar there. We also ate breakfast at a local fire department's pancake breakfast and enjoyed being given a tour of the department, including the trucks -- that was so cool! I forget what month it was, but I think they might have said each month in the summer they do something different to raise money, ie -- sometimes it's a dinner instead of breakfast.

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #579
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
If you're going to Mohican, better get reserving now. We were looking for a weekend with full hookups to help some friends who just bought a camper to get acclimated and we had to take early May! More availability might be had with electric only sites, though.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #580
TAC OH-17

1994 34' Limited
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
Smile

we will be staying at hocking hills state park the last weekend of april, hope the weather is warmer!!

Tags
ohio, rally