Old 05-14-2009, 12:12 PM   #57
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
I'm Back

Hi Ohio Streamers
Its been a bumpy ride for the last 4 days or so. I received a unwanted Adware or Spyware Page that would not go way. It blocked all access to my start menu and all functions. Hope I have not missed any important posts.
So please let me know what I missed.
Thanks, Hope to see you all soon.
Roger

7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:08 PM   #58
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Been there!

Loren, had to help me install spybot to get rid of all that nasty stuff. We dealt with the same thing a few weeks ago. Wouldn't let me do anything on the web at all. Sorry you have to deal with it too. Did you get it out??

We are camping in the backyard this weekend. Big Al and Jean are coming and Jean is doing the Cleveland Marathon on Sun. so they are staying with us. Loren has already set up the pop up camper in the yard. Of course, ours is already in the driveway. Anyone else who happens to show up will be welcome!!

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #59
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Lou
I had the same problem, the page appeared to be from Micorsoft but I dont think it was.
I found that it had a link on the lower left corner that worked. I was able to get to Firefox and download Cleanup and was then able to get a start menu,which enabled me to get to CONTROL PANEL. I ran the cleanup and then was able to delete the page,but it was as struggle and very frustrating. I run 2 programs constantly and I dont know how this this got thru.
I use PC TOOLS Spyware DOCTOR and Registry Mechanic running all the time and once daily I run Cleanup which deletes all accumulated cookies and saves space. Take a look at CLEANUP its Free.
IT appears we will have to run away if we are to get a break. Sounds like you have a driveway full for this weekend.
Hope to see ya Soon
Roger
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 05-15-2009, 05:24 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Happy Birthday!!!

Hey, Everyone! A little birdie told me that today is ctdair's birthday! Happy Birthday, Al!!! Hope you were spoiled rotten some today!
If you have some spare time, drive over. Al and Jean are on a visit with us.

Hey Roger, There is always room for one more in our driveway.....we have lots of room!!!!
Glad to hear that you got the computer clean up done and are back up and running!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #61
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
surprise visit

We want to thank DanB and Dawn for stopping by for campfire time at the backyard! That was a delightful surprise. Al (ctdair) we tried to call you to wish you happy happy, but you were out of the loop, I guess. Hope you had a good birthday. We had yummy strawberries and ice cream to celebrate your birthday, without you...LOL! Thanks to Jean and Al for the strawberries and ice cream. Wish you hadn't missed it.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-15-2009, 11:34 PM   #62
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit
Talking

Ok, because I am too tired and lazy tonight to retype it and Loudruff is on me to get it posted asap so as many of you can join us as possible... please check out the following link (I may be lazy tonight, but at least I posted the direct link instead of making you hunt it down )

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f290...tml#post698147

I hope those of you close to Mohican can join us!
Old 05-16-2009, 05:31 AM   #63
4 Rivet Member

We went to Columbus for Birthday supper with the kids. Ate way to much and had strawberry cake for desert. Hope to see You all today and will have to read the post Loren linked to see if we can make that.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch. Pulled By 2010 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Megacab
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #64
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
driveway camping still going

Tonight was the potluck. Shinim and Al (ctdair) stopped by with great teriyaki chicken and ginger tea. That should cure Larry's sore throat! We had a nice dinner and then went outside for the campfire..strawberries and ice cream for dessert...thanks to Jean and Al. Jean is in the Cleveland Marathon tomorrow and we wish her the best of luck. Hopefully, the clear weather will continue for the morning. Jean and Al won't be heading out until Mon. so we have another great day to spend with them.
Where are ther rest of you this weekend??
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-19-2009, 11:52 PM   #65
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit
Shopping and Fun with Shinim

So we had a bit of fun shopping with Shinim. I don't think any of the guys will let us go shopping again. But we had a blast and laughed ALOT! We had a great time indeed.

Oh, when looking at the following picture, keep in mind the front seat is built for 2... I still had to get in to drive!

Old 05-20-2009, 08:56 AM   #66
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Is that building in the background in Oberlin? Crap, even when I'm screwing around at work reading the forums, I run across my projects I should be working on........
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:31 AM   #67
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Whow
Great picture Lou and Shinim. I suppose that's AirBiscuit in the back,just guessing. All smiles, must be ya had a good time maxin out the credit cards,LOL. We need a vacation bad . Anyone plannin anything?
I hope I don't get another round for a few days ,but with this nice weather I assume the machines will be cutting away and breakin down, so I know they will be comming. There just seems to be no end to it this yr. Because of no jobs,everyone and his brother is cutting grass to make money. I seem to be repairing more old lawnmowers than normal, cause people cant afford to buy new. Thanks for the Pic Airbuscit
Later
Roger
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 05-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #68
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
backyard camping

Hi! We are backyard camping this weekend. We decided to not fight the crowds and stay right here. We have all the amenities and plenty of room. So if anyone wants to join us you are welcome. Looks like we might have nice weather...at least warmer. Loren has already put her pop up in the backyard and our trailer is in one driveway all ready for camping!!!!
DanB, yes that is Oberlin. We went slummin' there and found lots of stuff we could bring home as the students check out and can't move home with all their "stuff". Gabby made out like a bandit on current wearables. Seems someone knew just where to look. We had a blast and came home with a van packed full.
Roger, no that is Jean, (Our favorite Marathon walker, and wife of Big Al) in the backseat. Shinim and I in the front seat. Loren, aka Airbiscuit, is taking the picture. We are glad you are working, but it is time to take a few days off. Come on up and join us if you have the time.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #69
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Cincinnati , Ohio
Great thread. I will also bookmark this so I can see where people will be. I am about 2 months away from finishing my 78 and would love to camp with other Airstreams. I was sure that nobody in Ohio had one. We camp in mostly Ohio, IN, and KY and last year I saw (1) in a state campground. Where are all of you camping? See you in 2 mths.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:41 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by erock53 View Post
Great thread. I will also bookmark this so I can see where people will be. I am about 2 months away from finishing my 78 and would love to camp with other Airstreams. I was sure that nobody in Ohio had one. We camp in mostly Ohio, IN, and KY and last year I saw (1) in a state campground. Where are all of you camping? See you in 2 mths.
There are a whole bunch of us in the state of Ohio who have found this site and each other. We have a bunch of get togethers around the state during the year. We met up with a bunch and made it to Natural Bridge, KY in mid April for the Dogwood and Bluegrass Rally. There are quite a few folks that we have met that are down your way. You can do a members search by state to find out who and where if you have the time.
For a little history you may want to check out these threads too: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...tml#post685298

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...-41872-15.html

And a contingent of us are going to join the MI group at Milan, MI at KC Campground on July 31-Aug. 2. That is a fun group to visit. Here is the link to that discussion that goes on and on and on. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...-47314-29.html

And, we have a driveway rally going on here most anytime that someone is passing through and wants to use our courtesy parking, or when someone would like to do a first time shakedown "camp-in". You are welcome to join us anytime!!! Welcome to the group!!
Lou and Larry...30 mi. SW of Cleveland...or so.

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Tags
ohio, rally