Old 05-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #617
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Buck Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebeth View Post
We had a relaxing weekend at Buck Creek SP, even with a few misty days it was a fun trip to the Springfield Extravaganza, and the park was much nicer than expected. To Deb , who had asked about the camping spots; they were very nice. Most spots were not crammed in , the trees seemed much larger after getting their foliage , so it had some nice shady spots, the shower house was nice and clean, there was water available and a dump station. The park was a real gem! Fantastic for biking, fishing , swimming, hiking, birding etc. We will be going back again!!!!!!!!!! Besides the Extravaganza we never made it up town to the other sites. Hope to next time.
They had upgraded this park a few years ago and we haven't been there in awhile. Sounds like you had a great time. We want to go back there too. Thanks for the info.
We had a great time with our Canadian visitors who were driveway camping. Jean and Al were here so that Jean could do the CLE Marathon Half Walk. She did a wonderful job! We had a potluck at our backyard on Sat. and saw Al, Shinim, Mike, Loren, Dan and Dawn. We had great weather and a nice campfire in the backyard. Good times! Now I am off to get ready for Alumapalooza 4! Hope to see lots of you there.

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #618
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Ohio
Ceebeth, thanks for the update on Buck Creek; we're trying to go around to different state parks to see what they're like. We also had planned last winter to drive to as many as we could to check them out to see if we wanted to go camping there, that is, the ones that would allow us in to drive through. We only made it to a couple, but I guess that's a couple more than we knew about before.

I don't really know what's in store for us with regard to camping this summer. My Dad's health -- I don't really want to say it, but it seems to be getting a little worse (didn't want to say "deteriorating", that sounds too harsh). He fell last Friday, wouldn't allow me to take him anywhere to get checked out, so by Monday he was in pain; I took him to Urgent Care and they said no broken bones but bone contusions. I see other changes in him as well.

I think our camping this year will be really last minute planning/decision making and will need to have someone stay here with him in our absense -- Dad's 96yrs. now.

Deb

Old 06-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #619
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit
A few of us are heading to Indiana June 20-23 and staying at the KOA South Bend/ Elkhart North in Granger, IN. Anyone who would like to join us, you are more than welcome!
Old 06-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #620
1 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Lancaster , Ohio
Thanks for the invite. We're in the Hudson River Valley at the moment, then heading to THE RALLY at Syracuse, New York. We did stay at the Penn Woods RV Park near Clarion for an overnight - $20/full hook-ups and really nice "homey" feel to the campground. Would recommend if you are traveling along I-80.....Have fun in IN!
Old 06-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #621
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Hudson Valley

We have not been to Hudson Valley. Hope you are having fun and taking notes for all of us. Pictures too! Would be fun to share the summer picts that all of us gather this summer.
Larry and I really like Penn Wood. The folks there are very friendly. Their fall rally is really fun. Maybe you can join us this year.
We are hoping that you can join us at the Chili Cook Off/Anniversary Rally at Findley SP in Oct.
When will you be headed to International? Patti and Marty are headed to that also. Hope you get to meet up with them.

See you down the road!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 06-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #622
2 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Cincinnati , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to AirVintage
Morning all!

We are headed to East Fork Lake State Park in Bethel, Ohio July 5th through the 8th. We can't make the trek to the Bash because we are very limited on time with only a few days.

There are plenty of spots available at East Fork with all sites providing electric.

All are welcome to join. Have a great one!
TAC OH-28
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
AirVintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #623
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Bummer you can't make it to the Bash. We can't make your gathering because we'll be at the Bash. Sure you can't drive the extra couple hours to the Bash?
Old 06-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #624
2 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Cincinnati , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to AirVintage
I wish we could come! Unfortunately, we are on limited time as my husband works the 4th and the 5th so we will be setting up late at night on Friday at East Fork which is only an hour away from us.

Slippery Rock is 5 hours from our house and 6 from where the Airstream is stored. We've been trying to make a rally and it just hasn't happened yet. We are only off together one weekend a month and if the location isn't fairly close, it's a long shot.....no pun intended, well maybe.

One of these days it will happen!
TAC OH-28
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
AirVintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #625
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit
Maybe in September we can meet you there.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #626
1 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Lancaster , Ohio
I am continuing our Airstream blog with the Hudson River Trip. The itinerary is there, and I am updating throughout the New York state trip. We leave the Hudson River Valley tomorrow, heading for the GoodSam Rally in Syracuse, NY, then to Watkins Glen and the Finger Lakes area. Briggs' Airstream Adventures

Brad is leaving June 24 or 25 for the Airstream International Rally 2013 in Huron. I am unable to travel with him this time (need to stay closer to Ohio for parents' sake). I'm sure he'd love to meet up with whoever is headed that way! I'll tell him that Patty and Marti are going as well.

Any word from Terry or Sue? Are they in AK? I'll check their blog to catch up! What a busy summer for everyone!
Old 06-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #627
4 Rivet Member

1987 25' Sovereign
Oregon , Ohio
Heading to Maumee Bay State Park this Sunday the 16Th. Anyone interested in coming out?
Old 07-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #628
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Paint Creek

There are three units, Dan&Dawn, Loren&Mike, Lou&Larry, headed to Paint Creek State Park this coming weekend. July 18th (Thursday) thru the 21st. Would love to have some of you join us if you are able. It is supposed to be HOT this next week. Stay cool and hydrate!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #629
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
1967 17' Caravel
county , Ohio
Paint creek

Hello, Rod and I booked site 117 ,It will be great to see all of you again!
We are looking forward to the trip!
Old 07-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #630
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
We won't be joining, unfortunately. I started earlier this week on my to-do list for the Airstream. Things were going well but today I started into the items on the underside. I'm finding more and more problems the farther I go. 4 new tires are in order because they are wearing funny (they are due for replacement just due to age, too, though). That also means axle alignment check is in order, too. The moho needs some work too on the water heater before I'll use it again. We dealt with the leak during our last camping trip, but I don't think we can do another one with it that way. So, I'll be working on my Airstream(s) next weekend instead of camping in it!

Tags
ohio, rally