Old 05-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #491
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Hermitage , Pennsylvania
We, too, had a great weekend camping with you folks at Penn Wood. The humor, campfire, goodie bags, Mother's Day cards, gifts, and ESPECIALLY the morning waffles made for a really enjoyable gathering. Thanks so much to everybody!

Whirlism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #492
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
PennWood

Isn't PennWood a wonderful spot to meet? We had a great time. Loved getting together with the "silver family" and our new friends there! We have to do it again really soon! Maybe some of you will join us at West Branch SP for the next informal.....if not before that!

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #493
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Thursday, May 17th

Just wanted to post that our friends, Big Al and Jean, from Ontario, will be driveway camping with us this weekend. Jean is going to be in the Cleveland Marathon on Sunday. They come down to visit with us before the race and will be in on Thursday. If anyone wants to come and visit please do! Sounds like Al and Larry will be doing some vent work/replacement while they are here. Ahhh...another inservice opportunity! LOL!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #494
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Would love to come and see Al & Jean and everyone else, but this weekend is Tin Can Tourists in Michigan, so while Al & Jean come south, we'll be going north! I've been wanting to go to TCT since we got into Airstreaming / vintage camping and finally we're going.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #495
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbiscuit View Post
So in looking over our camping schedule for this summer, we realized we had no reservations in July. Our remedy to that was to make a reservation at West Branch State Park here in Ohio. If you would like to join us, we will be there July 13-15th on site 155! Hurry they are going fast!!!
Looks like we're officially out for this one. My family's reunion got scheduled the Saturday of this weekend. I think it is usually on a Sunday, but it's Saturday this year. If it were Sunday, I think I could have made it work...just go to the reunion on the way home.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #496
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit
Bummer Jason!
Old 05-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #497
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Gee , I guess I need to check this thread more often,Looks like we are missing lots of camping. My health is not to good, so the trips need to be short. Trips like penn wood would be out,due to the distance. At this point in time the Airstream is still in winter trim. No one is camping in our area so there is no need to get it ready.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #498
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Hello AirVintage:

Glad to have another Airstreamer in Ohio! I checked out your blog and saw that you're rather new to it. I also see you're jumping in with both feet and hitting big trips right away. Congrats.

Long's Retreat looks like a great place. Cincinnati and points just east of there are a target for us someday. We've planned to go to the Cincinnati area a couple of times but for one reason or another haven't gotten there.

I'll put a reminder on the calendar for June 8-10. We don't have my son's baseball game schedule yet, but last year didn't have games on the weekend. Maybe we'll see you there.
My son has games every Saturday through June 30th, so we won't be able to make this as we had hoped. We could do something local in our area so that we could still make it to the game, but so far away won't work for us.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #499
2 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Cincinnati , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to AirVintage
We're still headed to Long's Retreat this weekend in Latham, OH in preparation for the The Bash in July. We have a couple of things to work on before the trip.

We'll get there around 8:00pm this coming Friday night, June 8th and leave on Sunday.

Anyone wishing to join or in the neighborhood is certainly welcome!

Here's the campground's website and they do not accept advance reservations as they have enough space for everyone:
Long's Retreat

Happy trails!
TAC OH-28
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
AirVintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #500
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Cleveland , Tennessee
You guys need to have a rally in s. ohio so we can join you! It's a long way from TN!

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." Lewis Carroll

AIR #38011
TAC TN-4
NOVA
Steelegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #501
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
south ohio

We would love to join all of you, but we have a driveway full of silver. Some of our friends came to spend a couple of days with us after Alumapalooza. We are having a good time here. Hope you will be having fun too.

A little mini-rally in southern Ohio would be awesome. We will have to see if we have some weekends that might work. Things have been crazy around here.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 06-15-2012, 07:36 AM   #502
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
It's a last minute one, but we'll be camping Saturday night only at pleasant hill lake park near perrysville. I called yesterday and they said that despite there being fathers day stuff going on at the park, they do not have a lot of campers and we should just pull in...no reservations. I anticipate being in section E. We plan to arrive shortly after lunchtime and will leave probably late in the morning or even after lunch on Sunday.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #503
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
last minute

Hey Jason, last minute camping is always better than NO camping. We will be driveway camping this weekend, so we won't be able to make it to your campout. I noticed yesterday that there were new forums folks from Perrysville, OH and I wrote them a note welcoming them and gave them this thread's site. Maybe they will see this message and be able to join you.
Our next camping whole weekend will be at West Branch SP. It is on the calendar. Maybe you can join us sometime soon.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 06-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #504
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
I was following that thread. But, I think they are from Perrysburg. Perrysville is about 2-2.5 hours from Perrysburg. Although, I've heard there are some nice state parks near Perrysburg (Toledo area) as well. I travel through Perrysburg quite often on my way to work in Michigan, so I hope they become active here so that I can stop in to say hello.

Since I don't have a reservation at Pleasant Hill, I'm thinking maybe we might join you in the driveway. PM coming your way.

Tags
ohio, rally