Old 05-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #449
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
We didn't get to Mohican. We think it way to wet to camp there. Sounds like you got a new project!!
We spent the weekend doing odd jobs and some minor fixes in the AS. We are trying to be ready for Alumapalooza in a few weeks.
See you down the road!

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #450
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
We didn't get there, but we weren't planning on going unless you were there, trapperman. Instead, we too bought another airstream ...a '77 Argosy moho. We go to PA next weekend to drive it home. I spent most of today cleaning up the barn so there's space for the moho when we get it home.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #451
2 Rivet Member

1994 28' Excella
Paris , Ohio
are airstreams like old cars and guns, you can't have just one?
Old 05-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #452
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
for sure

Yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #453
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
We only have two campers, one AS and a Cardnal 5th (that doesn't count). I want an AS MoHo also. Kathy just looks at me wiht those Psycology eyes and gives me that knowing look, "yes you have gone over the edge".
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:57 AM   #454
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
back in ohio

we are coming back to ohio....next week on monday we will be a JC for some minor repairs on the ship and then will head towards barnesville for a stay of a week or so at our friends place; Dickinson Cattle Company. The preimer Texas Longhorn cattle ranch in these United States.

We have from the 16th until the 21st to fill before we arrive in barnesville and am looking for some neat places to visit enroute. We have courtesy parked with lou and it was great; we have stayed at findley sp and mohican sp.....probably will head for mohican at least on the trip towards barnesville ........

and of course we will make the return trip back to Jackson Center for the big

palooza event....
WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:06 AM   #455
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit
Planning to courtesy park with us this time around?
Old 05-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #456
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
campfire

We are having a campfire at our house on Fri. night.
Jean and Al are down from Canada. Jean is doing the Cleveland Marathon. We are hoping for NO rain.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-11-2011, 09:25 PM   #457
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Anyone here heading over toward Elkhart, IN? The Argosy moho needs a new A/C shroud. There's one of the surplus places that has one for around $150, but they want $65 in shipping!!! If anyone is headed that way in the next couple months and would be willing to transport one back for me, please speak up or PM me. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:30 PM   #458
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Loudruff / Airbiscuit:

One or both of you has made mention about a campout at the Issac Walton League near you on memorial weekend, I think??? Other than Parker having T-ball practice on Sat., I think we might be up for at least one night out in the new moho. Can you elaborate on where / when / why / what the occasion is?
Old 05-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #459
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Loudruff / Airbiscuit:

One or both of you has made mention about a campout at the Issac Walton League near you on memorial weekend, I think??? Other than Parker having T-ball practice on Sat., I think we might be up for at least one night out in the new moho. Can you elaborate on where / when / why / what the occasion is?

Yes, we are camping at the
Lorain County Ely Chapter of the Izaak Walton League21334 Foster Road, Penfield, OH 44090
(Penfield is also considered Wellington with their address)

from Friday through Monday. We dont know cost as of yet but should know I hope by next week. He said it would be cheaper than the state park which is just down the street. They have a shower/restroom house there and electric. No water connection though. Its about 10 min from our house if you need a water fill Occasion is its memorial day weekend and Lou's birthday
My in laws live close by and my bro & sister in law as well as nieces will be staying with them so we are going to be fairly close by to see them.
Would be cool to see the moho!

Old 05-12-2011, 07:29 PM   #460
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
I'd say we're shooting for at least one night with you, I would guess Sat. night. We've got so much going on here at home that I'm limiting it to one night. We're anxious to really camp in the moho. I just have to pull the trigger and realize that it's not going to be a fault-free unit before we go camping with it.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:50 PM   #461
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Jason, if for some crazy reason its too wet and they will not let us camp there (got a call today and they said it is extremely soggy where they were going to put us and are moving us closer to the front of the property) then we are going to move to the driveways here in LaGrange. There will be plenty of space, just let me know your planned arrival time and I will post a note on here as to where the final venue will be (there is a 10 min difference between IWL and Airstream Courtesy Parking)
Old 05-18-2011, 04:55 AM   #462
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
OK. Looks like Parker has T-ball pictures on Sat. at the usual practice time of 1pm. So, I assume that we will go for that and then keep heading north after that. I'm told that they are not doing a normal practice, so hopefully we will get up there by 3.

This darned weather better warm up. The furnace in the moho doesn't fire (fan blows, but fire never ignites) so it needs to be warmer by Saturday! Or maybe we'll have a mini repair party in the moho and I will have a working furnace!

Tags
ohio, rally