Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #621
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Hudson Valley

We have not been to Hudson Valley. Hope you are having fun and taking notes for all of us. Pictures too! Would be fun to share the summer picts that all of us gather this summer.
Larry and I really like Penn Wood. The folks there are very friendly. Their fall rally is really fun. Maybe you can join us this year.
We are hoping that you can join us at the Chili Cook Off/Anniversary Rally at Findley SP in Oct.
When will you be headed to International? Patti and Marty are headed to that also. Hope you get to meet up with them.

See you down the road!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #622
2 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Cincinnati , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to AirVintage
Morning all!

We are headed to East Fork Lake State Park in Bethel, Ohio July 5th through the 8th. We can't make the trek to the Bash because we are very limited on time with only a few days.

There are plenty of spots available at East Fork with all sites providing electric.

All are welcome to join. Have a great one!
TAC OH-28
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
AirVintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #623
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Bummer you can't make it to the Bash. We can't make your gathering because we'll be at the Bash. Sure you can't drive the extra couple hours to the Bash?
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #624
2 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Cincinnati , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to AirVintage
I wish we could come! Unfortunately, we are on limited time as my husband works the 4th and the 5th so we will be setting up late at night on Friday at East Fork which is only an hour away from us.

Slippery Rock is 5 hours from our house and 6 from where the Airstream is stored. We've been trying to make a rally and it just hasn't happened yet. We are only off together one weekend a month and if the location isn't fairly close, it's a long shot.....no pun intended, well maybe.

One of these days it will happen!
TAC OH-28
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
AirVintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #625
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Maybe in September we can meet you there.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #626
1 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Lancaster , Ohio
I am continuing our Airstream blog with the Hudson River Trip. The itinerary is there, and I am updating throughout the New York state trip. We leave the Hudson River Valley tomorrow, heading for the GoodSam Rally in Syracuse, NY, then to Watkins Glen and the Finger Lakes area. Briggs' Airstream Adventures

Brad is leaving June 24 or 25 for the Airstream International Rally 2013 in Huron. I am unable to travel with him this time (need to stay closer to Ohio for parents' sake). I'm sure he'd love to meet up with whoever is headed that way! I'll tell him that Patty and Marti are going as well.

Any word from Terry or Sue? Are they in AK? I'll check their blog to catch up! What a busy summer for everyone!
NeverInn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #627
4 Rivet Member

1987 25' Sovereign
Oregon , Ohio
Heading to Maumee Bay State Park this Sunday the 16Th. Anyone interested in coming out?
msmcv51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #628
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Paint Creek

There are three units, Dan&Dawn, Loren&Mike, Lou&Larry, headed to Paint Creek State Park this coming weekend. July 18th (Thursday) thru the 21st. Would love to have some of you join us if you are able. It is supposed to be HOT this next week. Stay cool and hydrate!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #629
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
1967 17' Caravel
county , Ohio
Paint creek

Hello, Rod and I booked site 117 ,It will be great to see all of you again!
We are looking forward to the trip!
ceebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #630
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
We won't be joining, unfortunately. I started earlier this week on my to-do list for the Airstream. Things were going well but today I started into the items on the underside. I'm finding more and more problems the farther I go. 4 new tires are in order because they are wearing funny (they are due for replacement just due to age, too, though). That also means axle alignment check is in order, too. The moho needs some work too on the water heater before I'll use it again. We dealt with the leak during our last camping trip, but I don't think we can do another one with it that way. So, I'll be working on my Airstream(s) next weekend instead of camping in it!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #631
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebeth View Post
Hello, Rod and I booked site 117 ,It will be great to see all of you again!
We are looking forward to the trip!
We are looking forward to seeing you too!!
Are you bringing some crochet work?
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #632
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Kenton , Ohio
Wish we could make it. Have fun!
Nan and Tom
Old 08-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #633
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Camping and Car show

We will be at Harrison Lake State Park, up near Toledo, this weekend. We are looking forward to seeing Tom and Ella. I think Tom is going to be bringing out his MG for the show!! ?? That should be fun.

Then Larry and I are heading out for NYC on Sunday. We will meet up with some other Airstreaming pals out at the Jersey Shore Haven CG and we have planned to go into the big city. All are welcome to join in the fun!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-14-2013, 05:34 AM   #634
4 Rivet Member

1987 25' Sovereign
Oregon , Ohio
Harrison Lake

Thought about going to Harrison Lake State Park this weekend, but the campground is fully booked. Would like to meet you folks. Maybe next time
Old 08-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #635
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmcv51 View Post
Thought about going to Harrison Lake State Park this weekend, but the campground is fully booked. Would like to meet you folks. Maybe next time
We would love to meet you too! How far away are you from Harrison Lake? You could always come in and spend some time around the campfire with all of us. Looks like several Airstreams will be there. The car show there on this weekend is what filled up the campground. They all want to come and spend time seeing the great cars and camping!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #636
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
I checked earlier and saw that there were some non-electric sites still available at that time. I also noticed that the electric sites are divided up by North and South, is that right? Is there a better area to be in?

Thanks and hope everyone has a great time.

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #637
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Cruiser View Post
I checked earlier and saw that there were some non-electric sites still available at that time. I also noticed that the electric sites are divided up by North and South, is that right? Is there a better area to be in?

Thanks and hope everyone has a great time.

Deb
We were told the north side is nicer. Wait till Sunday I will try to remember to send you an email (or send me one to remind me!)
Old 08-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #638
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Deb,
Loudruff is there already (we don't arrive till tomorrow) she says:
No north sites available. South looks good but don't know if electric is there. Sauder Village campground is 20 min from here.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #639
4 Rivet Member

1987 25' Sovereign
Oregon , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
We would love to meet you too! How far away are you from Harrison Lake? You could always come in and spend some time around the campfire with all of us. Looks like several Airstreams will be there. The car show there on this weekend is what filled up the campground. They all want to come and spend time seeing the great cars and camping!!!
We are about 5 gallons away round trip. I do love a camp fire but we are early to bed and early to rise people so it is the two hour drive to get home that is a problem. Thank you so much for your reply. Mark & Sharon 4451 and TAC OH35
Old 08-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #640
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Zanesville , Ohio
Don't fear the grass man

Heading to Salt Fork the 22 nd and 23rd. Nice place for those who aren't scared of the grass man and skunks. Lol
Laff67safari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ohio, rally