Old 03-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #435
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Why dont you store your AS at your new home and leave the repair work to JC. Its not that far from Oxford. OR Store it in Carlisle and take it to JC for need work. Then you can have confidence in the people who know what they are doing and have the proper repair parts. Only an Airstream dealer can get the right parts. IF I cant do it myself,ours will go to JC.

7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #436
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrim View Post
LARRY - GLAD TO HEAR ALL IS GOING WELL!!! I've discovered how tiring hospital stays are - not like they were when we were 20 yrs. old. Glad to hear your strength has returned and most things are back to normal. Time to check our your driving and hauling skills - need to get the AS out and revved up. Oh, how I long to do that. I'm so sick of seeing snow!!
See you all later..........keep dreaming those AS dreams and soon they'll all come true.
Larry is indeed doing well. We went to P&S today in the sunny weather to pick up our trailer. The nice folks there found an AC shroud for us (since the old one was crushed by the trees last summer), and installed a spare tire carrier under the front of the trailer. We now have about 150 miles towing experience with our new truck. We purchased a F250 diesel 4x4 extended cab. Pretty neat. We are still awaiting the delivery of the truck cap and then I think we will be set for more camping adventures.
We are all signed up for the TAC rally at Wooster, Alumapalooza, and the Spirit of Cleveland Rally (WBCCI). We can't wait for spring to get here! We too are sick of the snow!

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #437
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Wow. First I've heard of a new truck. Can't wait to see it. I saw what Larry did with the back 8' of the van...I can't wait to see what he does with an 8' bed and a cap. I see sliding shelves, more Airstream parts than the factory, ...
Old 03-04-2011, 04:51 PM   #438
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Glad to hear everyone is doing well. We will not be signing up for any events this year. We will not be members of anything at this point. If anyone is having a get together UNAFFILATED with any club we would be interested in possibly attending.
WE hope to see you all down the road.
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 03-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #439
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Hey Roger,

Put the Wilds! rally on your calendar! It's over Labor day weekend.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #440
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit
Roger,
Mike & I are thinking about a trip to JC the end of March. Would you like to stream with us nobodies?
Old 03-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #441
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Dan We would love to go but they dont allow dogs. So Im afraid its out.
Loren
We will see how it goes. Thanks for letting us know.
Roger
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 04-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #442
2 Rivet Member

1994 28' Excella
Paris , Ohio
Hi, we are going to try to make Mohican if it stops raining in n.e. ohio. If I turn my safari upside down will it float? Is there electric there? I need one more nice day to finnish getting my wheels back together. As always, keep the sunny side up, the dirty side down, your wheels between the ditches, and the smokies off your britches. Try to keep your wheels on the trailer also.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #443
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Electric, yes, for sure. Water...Andrea and I are in disagreement as to if there's water at the sites. We've only camped there once and only for the weekend so a full fresh tank was enough for us. Regardless, you should be able to fill your tank and whenever you like. As for sewer...there's a only limited sites that have that.

Let us know when you're heading that way. We're only about 30 min. from Mohican. We might join you or at stop in and say hello. We have many things at home in May and I've kinda sworn off camping trips, but a really close one might qualify for an exemption.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #444
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
water

We are now about 5.5 in. above average in the precipitation falling here in ne OH. The last time we were there was with Jason and Andrea, I think. As I remember it was early in the camping season and it was really wet. The river that runs down next to the campground was nearly out of its banks. It was a little scarey. So I think if you are headed in that direction you might call ahead and find out if there is any dry ground. The state park is small and there are not that many sites and some are right against the water. I think that we had electricity, but I do not remember water hookups there. Like Jason said, give us a call when you are headed in our direction. We are only about 30 min. from them. And you could also come and have a driveway rally with us. We have full hookups and no flooding here!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #445
2 Rivet Member

1994 28' Excella
Paris , Ohio
Hi, I will not be able to make Mohican, I think I am going to go south of Wooster,Ohio to pick up a 64 AS 24 foot, condition unknown, might be a parts trailer. We will see. Sooner or later I will get to a camp-out. Enjoy the week-end
Old 04-30-2011, 12:04 AM   #446
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
Hey, all. We just pulled into Potato Creek state park here just south of Southbend In. And there are about 8 other Airstream here. Some flying 3-5 flags some with 3 digit wbcci numbers. A couple 34 footers and a vintage Bambi or two. Do we know any of them? It is too late for me to go knocking on doors maybe tomorrow I will check them out. I don't remember seeing any posts for a rally here but I haven't been on much lately.

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
memgrove2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:21 PM   #447
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
don't know

All I saw on the calendar for the airforums was a WBCCI Indianapolis luncheon. Maybe some of them got together informally to camp there? Have fun meeting them! Tell them the NOVA folks say hello! Happy camping!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #448
2 Rivet Member

1994 28' Excella
Paris , Ohio
Hello, did any-one get to Mohican? I was with-in 7 miles of there Sat. to pick up a AS. A 24 foot 64 turned into a 65 26 foot overlander international, very restoreable, it was 3/4 of a mile off of a dirt road, up a hill thru the woods to where it sat for over 10 years. the strickers on the door include Alaska,Panama,European Adventure, Switzerland, England, Stockholm, Austria, plus some that fell off. If I park it next to my safari will they mate and make a Bambi? Hope to see you on the road soon.

Tags
ohio, rally