Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-20-2013, 03:40 AM   #581
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Zanesville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
Some of our friends are going to be encamped at Dillon SP the weekend of April 26th. They are a welcoming group and I am sure you would have fun if you have time to join them.
How about the rest of the Ohioans? Anyone camping yet??
Dillion is a nice park. The boss says its to close to home. We are going to travel around Ohio and test several out. If ever you rally in zanesville get ahold of me and maybe we can set up a tour of Historic Putnam
Laff67safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #582
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Cruiser View Post
Hi Lou and others!

We went to Salt Fork SP last Memorial Day Weekend, and I'm thinking our son-in-law told us that there had been some skunks seen down the row from us, but it could have been racoons, I really can't remember. I don't know how you were able to sit still with that skunk so close and then licking your ankle! Wow, you must have nerves of steel.

We are planning our first outing in about a week or so. A nice fellow from the State (at the Anniversary Rally last Fall) gave us a list of four SP's he thought would fill our list of desires, after we told him what we were looking for: peaceful; trees; room between sites, etc. We're thinking we might go during the week (Frank took vacation) so we can enjoy it without a full park. We haven't decided which one to try, but the four he listed were: Mohican; Tar Hollow; Burr Oak; and Shawnee. Do you have thoughts on any of these?

Deb
Hi Deb, Glad to hear that you are getting ready to go camping. We have been out for our first shake down campout. We went to the Wooster TAC Ohio Rally, the first weekend of April. Amish country tours and lots of fun with about 15 other Airstreams. We don't have anything planned for a next trip yet. It looks like others are posting on here. Hope to join in when we can.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:42 AM   #583
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
1967 17' Caravel
county , Ohio
Anyone interested...

Hello friends, just wanted to inform anyone interested of our 1st trip of this year. We will be at Buck Creek SP(May 16-19) so we can attend the Springfield Antique Extravaganza that weekend.There are also a few interesting sites in Springfield, a civil war museum, art museum, 2 historical homes to tour, The Pennsylvania House and The Westcott House( a Frank Lloyd Wright House), a rock garden and the Little miami Scenic trail to ride your bike .We will be at site # 88. Stop by, we would love to meet up with some other Airstream or Vintage trailer owners...

Happy Trails.....
Chery and Rod
ceebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #584
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Hi Lou!

We were looking forward to going to the Wooster Rally, but DH had to work; I guess there's always next year.

I think I read on another thread that you and Larry went off-grid camping out West this past Winter? That is something we are looking forward to doing when he retires. I'm interested in learning how you determined where to go.............could we discuss this when camping sometime this year? I know I've read here on the Forums of some locations, but wondering if you all know of an app or some other listing of possible places to boondock.

Work has been so intense this past couple of years, that we decided we really needed to just get away whenever possible. Unfortunately that may be only a couple of days here and there.

Just wondering, are you all planning to go to PennWood again this Fall? Trying to plan ahead for vacation time.

ceebeth, thanks for the information regarding your upcoming camping outing. I'm curious about some SP's in Ohio which we haven't been to, and Buck Creek is one of them -- have you been there before? If so, what's your opinion? We like wide sites (not packed in), electric, dump station, available water is nice, but not absolutely necessary, trees, view of a lake or pond would be nice.

Thanks.

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:01 AM   #585
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
1967 17' Caravel
county , Ohio
Hi Deb, We have not stayed at Buck Creek yet, we did drive thru before or last trip to the Antique mall up by there just to check it out . The lake was beautiful, the spots to park were of average size, but most all the trees(if the spots had any ) were small so shade may be a problem.It has electric and a small dump station, shower house playground etc. It looked to me as if it hasnt been there that long. There were some nice sites right by the lake but were already taken on the dates we needed.I will try and post an update after the trip to give you a better report..I was excited to see there were several other sites in the town to visit. Hope I find time to relax!!!LOL!!! Thanks
Chery
Old 04-22-2013, 07:29 AM   #586
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Hi Chery.

Thanks, and I'd greatly appreciate reading your thoughts after you have camped there too.

We go to Springfield to their old car swap meet sometimes, but we don't go anywhere else while there, so I can't offer any suggestions to you.

Thanks again.

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #587
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
We just reserved sites at Findley State Park in Wellington for sites 174 & 175 May 3-5th

Anyone/Everyone is welcome to join us!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #588
2 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Cincinnati , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to AirVintage
It's not in Ohio but not too terribly far....We'll be heading to Lake Barkley in Cadiz, KY and camping at Prizer Point Campground & Marina May 4-10. They have sites right on the lake, anything from primitive to full hook-ups, and we are looking forward to getting away for a bit. All are welcome!
TAC OH-28
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
AirVintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #589
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
It seems we're all camping next weekend, just none of us in the same place! :-)
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #590
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
It seems we're all camping next weekend, just none of us in the same place! :-)
We need to work on that not in the same place business and get it together! Lol
Old 04-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #591
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
We're helping some new RV owners setup and de-winterize and they were adamant about getting full hookups. We considered Findley because we knew your crew would join, but I couldn't find that Findley has any full hookup sites.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #592
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
We're helping some new RV owners setup and de-winterize and they were adamant about getting full hookups. We considered Findley because we knew your crew would join, but I couldn't find that Findley has any full hookup sites.
Nope, Findley does not have full hook up. Could have come to driveway though. LOL! Findley only has electric hookups
Old 04-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #593
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbiscuit View Post
We just reserved sites at Findley State Park in Wellington for sites 174 & 175 May 3-5th

Anyone/Everyone is welcome to join us!
The weekend can't get here fast enough, shoot and its only going on Tuesday!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 04:45 AM   #594
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
It looks like the weather forecast is coming more in-line with a great camping weekend. It was showing chance of rain /thunderstorms on Sat; now showing sunny. We'll see if it stays that way.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:21 AM   #595
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Akron , Ohio
Paul and I hope to drop in on Saturday afternoon/evening and visit for a little bit. We don't have the camper ready yet but would love to meet some OH streamers!
1991 Excella 29 foot w/ProPride 3P hitch
2006 Jeep Commander-V8 4.7L Tow package
aireseneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #596
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by aireseneca View Post
Paul and I hope to drop in on Saturday afternoon/evening and visit for a little bit. We don't have the camper ready yet but would love to meet some OH streamers!
Which of us are you planning to visit? I think there's three different camping locations this weekend.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #597
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Welcome

Quote:
Airseneca, We hope that you will choose to visit with us. Come for the potluck. We always have way too much food. You don't need to bring any food. Just bring yourselves and whatever it is that you like to drink. And a couple of lawn chairs for around the campfire!
We usually eat at about 5:30 ish!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:14 AM   #598
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
1967 17' Caravel
county , Ohio
We are looking forward to meeting up at Paint Creek on July 18-21, we reserved site 117. It will be great to see you and meet some more of the Airstreamers. And we will be sure to try and make it to the Anniversary Rally in October......................
Chery and Rod
Old 05-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #599
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Akron , Ohio
Quote:
We will be heading to the Findlay SP. We can make it in about an hour's drive. Confirm chairs and beverages of choice...check. Are you sure we can't bring anything to share.....?
1991 Excella 29 foot w/ProPride 3P hitch
2006 Jeep Commander-V8 4.7L Tow package
aireseneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #600
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:

We will be heading to the Findlay SP. We can make it in about an hour's drive. Confirm chairs and beverages of choice...check. Are you sure we can't bring anything to share.....?
Nope food will be plentiful. Unless you are on some special diet or have food allergies we probably have you covered! Chairs, beverage of choice, and love of aluminium is all you need!

Tags
ohio, rally