Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
You guys are bummin' us out. I love chocolate cheesecake. But, we've decided to leave the AS sit this weekend. Instead we're heading for Millersburg. Gotta do some more work on the pontoon boat...almost time to get it back in the lake!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member

Potluck works , we where going to brats and sauerkraut. Depending on the weather it may be a dutch oven 1st attempt or it could be a crock pot dish if it is rainy.I guess Jason and Andrea will still have to wonder if our trailer really exsists.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch.
Pulled by a 2019 F350 Superduty Limited.
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:08 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Rainy?

Well, if it rainy I think we will do crockpot chicken sandwiches....and if it is nice we will do a steak on the grill and a pot full of potatoes. Kind of depends on if Loren and the gang is coming on Fri. or Sat. I am thinking for Fri. night I would like to try our panini maker on the campfire. So instead of beanies and weenies, we will have Paninis and beanies. LOL! Still have to season the panini press thing.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #44
TAC OH-17

1994 34' Limited
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
Indian lake

Well,
I know that no one has spoken up about meeting us at Indian lake this weekend. It is probably a good thing too...I have gotten a horrible cold (men are such babies!) and we will probably cancel at the state park. The weather is not looking promising either. Sigh...maybe next trip....
runningbarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
sorry about that

We are sorry that nobody else in OH is interested in joining you all at Indian Lake. Larry and I have not been there yet, and we would like to have made it. It is a little too far for our weekend. Sat. at the crack of dawn we have to be down at Ashland U. to watch our daughter commence. Second masters degree. So we picked Findley because it is on the way to Ashland....a little closer to home.
And we are sorry that you are feeling under the weather. The weather up here is supposed to be a little iffy too, but we don't let that slow us down. After all, Airstreams don't leak!!!! do they?? LOL!!
Maybe you should just transfer your reservation to Findley and come join us in the damp fun.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
RunningBarre
We are sorry U are under the weather. We are under the weather also but a different kind. Rain mostly. This is my busy time of year, and I thought I had it under control.Then came another round of machines not running. I guess all the high-priced lawnmower shops are full,so they come to me.
So maybe we can reschedule some other time. Our Airstream is still in Winter mode.I've had no time to deal with it.
Larry and Lou
We really wanted to come but we don't always get what we want ya know. Oh sorry You already know that. The hrs are really not agreeing with me,I'm really tired at the end of the day about 8 or 9 pm.I'm supposed to be retired,but I like the pay check.
I hope we can get together soon.
Roger
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #47
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
hello Ohioans

We are back at home after a fabulous weekend at Findley SP. The park was beautiful and green, no bugs, and very quiet and peaceful for the weekend. Mostly sunny. We had a couple of short little sprinkles, but really great after that. We spent the whole weekend around a nice warm campfire. As usual, too much food. But Shinim says that the food that we have while we are at camp has no sugar, no fat and no calories!!! We had great meals and then some. We had campfire paninis and waffles. Shinim made a chocolate cheesecake with choc. covered strawberries which was to die for! Man!!! that was good, wasn't it, Bob?? Bob and Jayne stopped by for a visit on Sat. afternoon and Bob finally got his piece of the cheesecake.
Shinim is now a "real Rivette", silver sister. She drove the trailer out to camp and back to home from camp! Way to go, Shinim!!! I am so proud of you!!!
Loren graduated on Sat. morning and we celebrated around the campfire. I am proud to say that she stuck out the hard work and did a fine job at school.
Maybe some of the rest of you can join us for the next campfire.We would sure love some more company.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #48
TAC OH-17

1994 34' Limited
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
Smile

thanks for all the get well wishes for John we decided to go to indian lake even though John still wasnt 100percent, glad we did had rain friday but enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere and had a nice visit w/ johns son brad who stopped by on sat, we celebrated his 26th birthday i got to break camp and drive home so i was very pleased, it made mothers day complete hope we can get together soon, see ya down the road ,Julie & John
runningbarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #49
Sky
Classic 30

Sum Wear , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningbarre View Post
........... i got to break camp and drive home ...........
At a girl!

2500HD DMax............30' Classic
Old 05-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Well DAG NAB IT .Sounds like we missed another good one. U wait Lou, when we finally get to come out it will rain all weekend. But the weather liar will say sunny.Wanna bet me????
Ata Girl SHINIM I knew you could do it. Not as hard as it looks is it????
Well someone plan something and we will try again.
Lou tell the daughter Congrats on the new LETTERS behind her name.
If its like my old high school buddy he has a BS, MS & PHD .I'll tell ya what he says those letters mean when I see ya.
Later
Roger
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 05-11-2009, 05:58 AM   #51
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Thanks Roger on the Conga Rats Its now BSE, MEd, MEd. Maybe sometime in the near future I will attempt a Phd. Augh, I just want a break from school at this point.

Looking forward to seeing you all at a rally!
Airbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:27 AM   #52
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Well hello there Airbiscuit, I didn't know you were on here.

Congratulations!

Sounds to me like a much needed vacations is in order.

-Andrea
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:44 AM   #53
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Yep Andrea
Definitely a git-away would be welcome.
Airbiscuit
I think you deserve a break from school. Hopefully we will see you soon,cause I think we are gonna run away as soon as possible.
Roger
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 05-12-2009, 04:42 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
This weekend, May 15-17

We are having a backyard campout this weekend. Big Al and Jean will be coming down for the weekend, as Jean is in the Cleveland Marathon on Sun. Go, Jean!!!!! Loren has her popup camper already parked in the yard and set up. Ours is in the driveway and ready for fun. Larry is working over the firering and whacking weeds. Anyone is welcome to join in the fun! PM me if you need directions!
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #55
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
Glad you had such a good time last week-end. I had to work - had a delivery to make to Hershey, PA. Went out on Thursday, did the service on Friday and returned to Ohio on Saturday. First trip that Becky accompanied me. By then, the week-end was too close to being over. This week-end is the annual Antique Show in Granville at the Bryn Du mansion - quality dealers on hand selling antiques and garden items. It's a show we enjoy attending so we will haul over to Dillon and go into the show on Sat. and probably Sunday also. We'll celebrate our first year of camping with our AS - Dillon was our first night out last year. We've already been out this year - spent a week-end in the Chillicothe area at Sun Valley CG a couple weeks ago - when the temps were in the high 80's and so was the wind.
One of these weekends we hope to see your new rig, Lou and Larry - sounds like a bit of a departure from your previous. I would guess everything about your new AS is really nice - anxious to see it. ENJOY!
See you all down the road one of these days.
Prodigy brake controls
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
not roughin' it anymore

Hi Pilgrim, You might say that we are not roughin' it anymore. It is indeed a new thing for us. This one has all of the amenities that we were looking for in a "new to us" AS. We hope that we bump into you so we can show and tell.
It sounds like you are having lots of fun in yours too. The antique show sounds like fun. We like Dillon too, but West Branch is still our favorite so far, I think. I hope you don't get any showers this weekend. It looks like we will be dodging a few showers here. We are hoping for great weather on Sunday when Jean has the half marathon in Cleveland. That would be good! Safe travels!
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
I'm Back

Hi Ohio Streamers
Its been a bumpy ride for the last 4 days or so. I received a unwanted Adware or Spyware Page that would not go way. It blocked all access to my start menu and all functions. Hope I have not missed any important posts.
So please let me know what I missed.
Thanks, Hope to see you all soon.
Roger
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 05-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #58
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Been there!

Loren, had to help me install spybot to get rid of all that nasty stuff. We dealt with the same thing a few weeks ago. Wouldn't let me do anything on the web at all. Sorry you have to deal with it too. Did you get it out??

We are camping in the backyard this weekend. Big Al and Jean are coming and Jean is doing the Cleveland Marathon on Sun. so they are staying with us. Loren has already set up the pop up camper in the yard. Of course, ours is already in the driveway. Anyone else who happens to show up will be welcome!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-15-2009, 10:25 AM   #59
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Lou
I had the same problem, the page appeared to be from Micorsoft but I dont think it was.
I found that it had a link on the lower left corner that worked. I was able to get to Firefox and download Cleanup and was then able to get a start menu,which enabled me to get to CONTROL PANEL. I ran the cleanup and then was able to delete the page,but it was as struggle and very frustrating. I run 2 programs constantly and I dont know how this this got thru.
I use PC TOOLS Spyware DOCTOR and Registry Mechanic running all the time and once daily I run Cleanup which deletes all accumulated cookies and saves space. Take a look at CLEANUP its Free.
IT appears we will have to run away if we are to get a break. Sounds like you have a driveway full for this weekend.
Hope to see ya Soon
Roger
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 05-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Happy Birthday!!!

Hey, Everyone! A little birdie told me that today is ctdair's birthday! Happy Birthday, Al!!! Hope you were spoiled rotten some today!
If you have some spare time, drive over. Al and Jean are on a visit with us.

Hey Roger, There is always room for one more in our driveway.....we have lots of room!!!!
Glad to hear that you got the computer clean up done and are back up and running!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Tags
ohio, rally