Old 08-24-2010, 06:04 PM   #393
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up

Our favorite Ohio Airstream ambassadors have been on the move again. Where have they been sighted? Right here in Lapeer Michigan, that's where. Ending up a fun weekend at the MD rally and on their way to Fantastic Vent and Propride and P&G Restoration Experts we were fortunate enough to receive a visit from Lou and Larry and they brought the traveling "driveway rally" direct to our home!!! What a blast. Lou made the dinner, I made salad, Brad built a fire and Larry kept us entertained with the art of storytelling. Now I seriously think they have turned us onto the joys of courtesy parking and we are anxious to do it again.

Thanks guys. We really enjoyed ourselves and the little gifts for the dogs (stobe lights to find them in the dark!) and the custom card that Lou made is so cute and a wonderful reminder of the good time we all had together and it was so amazingly impromptu. It makes me wonder why we think we need to sweat the details when whatwe really need is to relax and enjoy. They are without a doubt the most congenial, generous and welcoming couple you will never find and have the pleasure of spending time with. Made me smile and laugh out loud over and over again. We look forward to seeing you again here or perhaps at your place if we get the opportunity to visit you in Ohio. We enjoyed seeing your beauutiful Airstream and were so at home for dinner in the new digs!

First three pictures taken yesterday, next three earlier this summer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	byrally.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	109279   Click image for larger version

Name:	L&L.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	109280  

Name:	lfire.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	109281   Click image for larger version

Name:	yard.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	109282  

Name:	yard2.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	109283   Click image for larger version

Name:	brad.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	109284  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #394
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Lapeer, MI

Thanks, Carol!
What a lovely little corner of the world Carol and Brad have! We feel privileged to have been able to share the little Airstream park that they have created in their own yard. We had a great dinner and campfire. Their two furry family members made us laugh. It was delightful! We hope that they will keep inviting us (and maybe some other Airstreamers) to come. Put this one on your "to do" list fellow Ohioans! Such a nice family!

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #395
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Where are you for Labor Day?

Larry and I are hosting a driveway campout. Tonight we have airforums campers coming in to stay overnight. On Mon. we have pattimarty Shenkman, and Elvis,coming in and we will celebrate their RV4thecause tour with a potluck in the backyard. If anyone wants to join us, please let us know and come on over!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 09-04-2010, 06:35 AM   #396
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
Larry and I are hosting a driveway campout. Tonight we have airforums campers coming in to stay overnight. On Mon. we have pattimarty Shenkman, and Elvis,coming in and we will celebrate their RV4thecause tour with a potluck in the backyard. If anyone wants to join us, please let us know and come on over!!!
Airbiscuit & MikeStPeter are totally there!
Old 11-13-2010, 04:13 PM   #397
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
No posts here in two months...wow. I assume everyone has there AS winterized and/or has it stored away for now since it's been below 32F a couple times now in the last weeks. Hard to believe how nice today was, though!

Our AS is parked away in the corner of the barn. The sink / stove area has been torn out already. The new one is designed, just a bit more computer work to make the drawings so I know how to cut everything and then it's time to make some sawdust. Everything has to be done by the beginning of Feb. We're going to DisneyWorld with the AS on Feb 5-13. I just bought some mew Michelins for the TV, so hopefully we can get out in the snow and even more hopefully, back up the hill with the AS in tow when we get home.

Anyone else dreaming of next year already?
Old 11-14-2010, 09:55 PM   #398
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Hi

Hi Jason and Andrea,
We have been busy. Got through the big wedding and all is well. We have the Excella winterized. We were hoping that we could get a couple of more dry campouts in before snow flies, but we will see. Lots still going on. November is our big month for birthdays and anniversaries and stuff. We have had some fun times with our "silver" family in the last two months.

Sounds like Mason and Parker are in for some fun times at Disney World. We hope you get your kitchen back in shape in time for that big trip.

We are hoping that spring comes early!!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 11-15-2010, 03:51 AM   #399
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Hi Larry and Lou

Adrienne and I were mentioning how much really enjoyed meeting you folks at the Birthday Bash. We were the airstreamers who had the 27' 1973 Overlander. We really enjoyed taking 20 through Ohio. You guys have a very beautiful state with great towns and nice people.

Brian
Old 11-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #400
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
a couple of days

Sorry for not replying here! Hi everyone! I have had quite a hectic last few days and haven't checked in. On Sunday, Larry woke me up saying he had chest pains. I raced him to the hospital with all of the classic symptoms. They nitro patched him, but the pain didn't subside. They ran all of the tests that they could do on a Sunday. They suspected another blockage. (2009 he had a heart attack with 5 stents added.) This morning he had an angiogram done and sure enough there was a 95% block in the coronary artery. One more stent done this morning. He was in recovery quite awhile but he is doing great. If he behaves himself they may let him come home tomorrow. Thank goodness it was not a big heart attack that we waited out. The cardiologist says no damage that they could detect. We got there soon enough. We just want to thank all of our neighbors, friends and Silver family for the thoughts and prayers. Loren has been updating us all on FaceBook!!! Modern technology! Yay!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 11-22-2010, 07:44 PM   #401
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
I don't really know how to reply nor do I know if I should fr fear of saying something stupid, but I feel compelled. Please wish Larry a speedy recovery. We will be excited, as always, to see all of you next camping season. I think we might need to show up in your driveway this next year. The budget is already tight and we're planning to "pay the mouse" (AKA visit Disney world) next Feb. So I think the 2011 camping season will consist of close and cost-effective camping.

Tell Larry the AS and the TV needs him.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:40 PM   #402
LJH
Rivet Master

1985 27' Sovereign
Defiance , Ohio
Hi Lou, Sorry about Larry. Very glad it was not so serious. Tell him that Mary and I said HEY, and we will keep him in our thoughts and prayers. LJH
Old 11-22-2010, 09:23 PM   #403
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Lou - please give Larry our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

(If he has to behave to get out - you may have to move in...)
Old 11-22-2010, 09:35 PM   #404
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Dear Lou,,, hard doing the waiting,,, i know,,, heartfelt prayers and wishes and kisses for Lar,,, you guys are well loved,,,, safe trails,,, donna
Old 11-22-2010, 09:51 PM   #405
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Jason & Andrea

We met at the Michigan rally in August. I drove up from VA w/o my Airstream. My brother was there with his Pacer.

I remember your youngest son entertaining himself on that big slide ladder. He was in his own world and quite content. I enjoyed watching him.

We took our kids to DW for one week when they were 3,4,13,15. It was a great vacation. We would go to the MK or Epcot every other day and spend the off days at Fort Wilderness relaxing. This worked out very well. Every one had a great time. Hope your family has a great time. I am sure that you will.

Dan

Dan
Old 11-23-2010, 05:44 AM   #406
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
Very sorry to hear about Larry's health issues. Glad to know that he is recovering. Hope he has a speedy recovery and you can look forward to the 2011 camping season.

Stay well.

TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ohio, rally