Old 07-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #379
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
We've opted to try camping with the Ohio RV.net group at Mohican that weekend. I recall that someone on here told me to check them out. So we'll see how that goes.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:20 PM   #380
66CHROMEDOME

1966 22' Safari
canal fulton , Ohio
You are going to enjoy that group, we camp with them 2 or 3 times a year. They usually have a lot of people participating for their events. We attended the Cardinal event in the spring. We also went to the relly in Michigan in June. It was great. Terry and Brenda called because they thought we were attending the Mohican rally because the name Otto shows up on the list of attendees. But, sad to say it's not us. It's really a guy named Dick Otto-could be related to Bob-not sure though. All the Otto's seem to be related somehow.
It's strange we haven't seen everyone for so long. We made all our reservations at the beginning of the season and had to turn in vacation requests-so that really cuts into going too much more than we already are. Pretty much our only impromptu trips are with Bob's sister and her husband since they purchased a motor home.
Have fun at Mohican, it's a really good group of people.
Congrats to all the wedding folks. That cake was great!

Old 07-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #381
66CHROMEDOME

1966 22' Safari
canal fulton , Ohio
Our next outing is in a couple of weeks-Pennwood-finally.
We are really looking forward to that. Gonna be a lot to look at-lots of walking around and checking out the other AS
BB and Jayne
Old 07-30-2010, 06:15 PM   #382
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Bob and Jayne
I began to wonder if you guys were even alive over there. Look forward to camping with you again this yr, if you can find the time. Seems all those we met last yr are going thier seperate ways this yr and not getting together. I showered up just special fer that too,LOL
Roger
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #383
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob otto View Post
You are going to enjoy that group, we camp with them 2 or 3 times a year. They usually have a lot of people participating for their events. We attended the Cardinal event in the spring. We also went to the relly in Michigan in June. It was great. Terry and Brenda called because they thought we were attending the Mohican rally because the name Otto shows up on the list of attendees. But, sad to say it's not us. It's really a guy named Dick Otto-could be related to Bob-not sure though. All the Otto's seem to be related somehow.
It's strange we haven't seen everyone for so long. We made all our reservations at the beginning of the season and had to turn in vacation requests-so that really cuts into going too much more than we already are. Pretty much our only impromptu trips are with Bob's sister and her husband since they purchased a motor home.
Have fun at Mohican, it's a really good group of people.
Congrats to all the wedding folks. That cake was great!
Yeah, I hadn't seen you posting in the RV.net Mohican forum and then was surprised to see "Otto" on site 108 right next to us on 107. I assumed it was you guys...who would'a thunk it that there's two Otto families in the RV.net Ohio Rally group! Oh well. I guess we'll be the only one representin' the Airstream brand there. I figured if I was going to check out the RV.net group then this the best venue as it's the best attended of the year (according to the membership) and it's practically in our backyard.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:41 PM   #384
66CHROMEDOME

1966 22' Safari
canal fulton , Ohio
Watch our for that bunch if you go rafting with them. It's gonna get ugly on that river. They are all taking their WMD's. I'd be packin one too if I were you.
Tell Steve and Sheryl we said hi. A bunch of them just got back from a big trip out west.
I'm sure we will meet up in the future. We're going to do the Halloween outing in October with them. Too bad they didn't do Evergreen this year. That's a really nice park and in our backyard. We are just in Canal Fulton so it's only 1/2 hr or so away.
Good to see younger people with kids joining in with the AS group. There will be a ton of kids with the RV group. Alot have kids and the others seem to bring the grandkids.
Have fun-wish we were going, but it's just too hard to do back to back weekends and work in the middle.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:43 PM   #385
66CHROMEDOME

1966 22' Safari
canal fulton , Ohio
Hey Roger-where you been hiding out? Glad to hear about the shower-sorry if you wasted water just fer us.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:32 PM   #386
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
I've looked through the picture archive and yeah, I see that the water guns are blazin'. We won't be hitting the river. The little ones aren't real comfortable with swimming yet so if we went over I've be worried about them floating away screaming in their life vest.

The presence of kids was a concern for us with the RV.net rally as it is with any rally/gathering. I posted an inquiry about haw many kids and what ages will be there. I received satisfactory responses, so we jumped on board. Probably the most supportive experience was when I called to reserve a site. The lady at the CG say:

"have you ever camped with the RV.net group before?"

Me:"No"

Lady @ CG:"well then you're in for a lot of fun. They are a great group of people."

An unsolicited vote of confidence is a believable one. Bob, I see that you attend the Evergreen rallies often...your location makes sense of it. I've never stayed at Evergreen, and I know it's highly rated, but just driving by it tends to make me shy away. I like wide open sites w/ many trees, etc. Not that I won't camp at Evergreen, but given how close it is to me, I'd never readily go pay $40-$45 a night for the weekend in absence of a group gathering or something.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:16 PM   #387
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Well Bob and Jayne
It seems we are way down here and there is no activity here. Seems all the people we camped with last yr and the yr before (at least those from here in Ohio) have chosen to do stuff in Pennsylvania and Ny and we are just not up travelin 4 or 5 hundred miles when there are places to see rite here in the state. We enjoyed Lake Erie and several other parks last yr,but it seems there aint nuffin goin this yr.
Glad to hear from you.
Roger
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 08-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #388
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Jason
I was considering coming to Loudenville and trying the Ohio RV.Net group. But in looking over the campground rules I find 1 rule that eliminates us. I will not break my own rule or theirs so Loudenville is out. Sorry thought we would see you soon.
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 08-01-2010, 09:26 PM   #389
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
Jason
I was considering coming to Loudenville and trying the Ohio RV.Net group. But in looking over the campground rules I find 1 rule that eliminates us. I will not break my own rule or theirs so Loudenville is out. Sorry thought we would see you soon.
Andrea and I are curious....what rule rules you out? I must admit, I don't know the rules. We called, signed up, and we're going to show up next Fri. evening.

After camping together last year at Pleasant Hill, I can't imagine that the rules at a private campground would be tighter than at a state-run park.

Would be great to see you and Mary-Lou. Although, I think we'll see each other at Detroit-Metro in two weeks.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:28 AM   #390
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Jason
Pm me and I will be glad to let you in on my rule and theirs.
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 08-21-2010, 07:17 AM   #391
66CHROMEDOME

1966 22' Safari
canal fulton , Ohio
So Jason did you enjoy the RV.net group? They are a fun group-up for just about anything
Old 08-21-2010, 07:58 AM   #392
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
It was camping, I can say that. I suppose if we went down the river that it would have been more exciting. Overall, nice group of people but it seemed that they got together for dinner and then just dispersed. Parker found a kid his age to play with, which was nice. We accidentally napped through the kids activities. I missed a lot of what I get at a good AS rally: common fire, happy hour / afternoon gathering, a common gathering place to use all day and people that want to socialize go there rather than hanging out at their camper.

Not that I wouldn't want to go to another RV.net campout, though. I'd like to catch up with you fellow Airstreamers in the RV.net group. The venue will have a lot to do with it, too. When I'm so close to home as Smith's is, it's kinda boring to begin with since we live so close.

Tags
ohio, rally