Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #441
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Dan We would love to go but they dont allow dogs. So Im afraid its out.
Loren
We will see how it goes. Thanks for letting us know.
Roger
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:06 PM   #442
2 Rivet Member

1994 28' Excella
Paris , Ohio
Hi, we are going to try to make Mohican if it stops raining in n.e. ohio. If I turn my safari upside down will it float? Is there electric there? I need one more nice day to finnish getting my wheels back together. As always, keep the sunny side up, the dirty side down, your wheels between the ditches, and the smokies off your britches. Try to keep your wheels on the trailer also.
trapperman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #443
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Electric, yes, for sure. Water...Andrea and I are in disagreement as to if there's water at the sites. We've only camped there once and only for the weekend so a full fresh tank was enough for us. Regardless, you should be able to fill your tank and whenever you like. As for sewer...there's a only limited sites that have that.

Let us know when you're heading that way. We're only about 30 min. from Mohican. We might join you or at stop in and say hello. We have many things at home in May and I've kinda sworn off camping trips, but a really close one might qualify for an exemption.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:02 PM   #444
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
water

We are now about 5.5 in. above average in the precipitation falling here in ne OH. The last time we were there was with Jason and Andrea, I think. As I remember it was early in the camping season and it was really wet. The river that runs down next to the campground was nearly out of its banks. It was a little scarey. So I think if you are headed in that direction you might call ahead and find out if there is any dry ground. The state park is small and there are not that many sites and some are right against the water. I think that we had electricity, but I do not remember water hookups there. Like Jason said, give us a call when you are headed in our direction. We are only about 30 min. from them. And you could also come and have a driveway rally with us. We have full hookups and no flooding here!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:13 PM   #445
2 Rivet Member

1994 28' Excella
Paris , Ohio
Hi, I will not be able to make Mohican, I think I am going to go south of Wooster,Ohio to pick up a 64 AS 24 foot, condition unknown, might be a parts trailer. We will see. Sooner or later I will get to a camp-out. Enjoy the week-end
Old 04-29-2011, 11:04 PM   #446
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
Hey, all. We just pulled into Potato Creek state park here just south of Southbend In. And there are about 8 other Airstream here. Some flying 3-5 flags some with 3 digit wbcci numbers. A couple 34 footers and a vintage Bambi or two. Do we know any of them? It is too late for me to go knocking on doors maybe tomorrow I will check them out. I don't remember seeing any posts for a rally here but I haven't been on much lately.

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
memgrove2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #447
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
don't know

All I saw on the calendar for the airforums was a WBCCI Indianapolis luncheon. Maybe some of them got together informally to camp there? Have fun meeting them! Tell them the NOVA folks say hello! Happy camping!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #448
2 Rivet Member

1994 28' Excella
Paris , Ohio
Hello, did any-one get to Mohican? I was with-in 7 miles of there Sat. to pick up a AS. A 24 foot 64 turned into a 65 26 foot overlander international, very restoreable, it was 3/4 of a mile off of a dirt road, up a hill thru the woods to where it sat for over 10 years. the strickers on the door include Alaska,Panama,European Adventure, Switzerland, England, Stockholm, Austria, plus some that fell off. If I park it next to my safari will they mate and make a Bambi? Hope to see you on the road soon.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #449
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
We didn't get to Mohican. We think it way to wet to camp there. Sounds like you got a new project!!
We spent the weekend doing odd jobs and some minor fixes in the AS. We are trying to be ready for Alumapalooza in a few weeks.
See you down the road!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #450
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
We didn't get there, but we weren't planning on going unless you were there, trapperman. Instead, we too bought another airstream ...a '77 Argosy moho. We go to PA next weekend to drive it home. I spent most of today cleaning up the barn so there's space for the moho when we get it home.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #451
2 Rivet Member

1994 28' Excella
Paris , Ohio
are airstreams like old cars and guns, you can't have just one?
Old 05-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #452
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
for sure

Yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #453
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
We only have two campers, one AS and a Cardnal 5th (that doesn't count). I want an AS MoHo also. Kathy just looks at me wiht those Psycology eyes and gives me that knowing look, "yes you have gone over the edge".
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:57 AM   #454
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
back in ohio

we are coming back to ohio....next week on monday we will be a JC for some minor repairs on the ship and then will head towards barnesville for a stay of a week or so at our friends place; Dickinson Cattle Company. The preimer Texas Longhorn cattle ranch in these United States.

We have from the 16th until the 21st to fill before we arrive in barnesville and am looking for some neat places to visit enroute. We have courtesy parked with lou and it was great; we have stayed at findley sp and mohican sp.....probably will head for mohican at least on the trip towards barnesville ........

and of course we will make the return trip back to Jackson Center for the big

palooza event....
WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:06 AM   #455
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Planning to courtesy park with us this time around?
Old 05-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #456
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
campfire

We are having a campfire at our house on Fri. night.
Jean and Al are down from Canada. Jean is doing the Cleveland Marathon. We are hoping for NO rain.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-11-2011, 09:25 PM   #457
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Anyone here heading over toward Elkhart, IN? The Argosy moho needs a new A/C shroud. There's one of the surplus places that has one for around $150, but they want $65 in shipping!!! If anyone is headed that way in the next couple months and would be willing to transport one back for me, please speak up or PM me. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:30 PM   #458
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Loudruff / Airbiscuit:

One or both of you has made mention about a campout at the Issac Walton League near you on memorial weekend, I think??? Other than Parker having T-ball practice on Sat., I think we might be up for at least one night out in the new moho. Can you elaborate on where / when / why / what the occasion is?
Old 05-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #459
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Loudruff / Airbiscuit:

One or both of you has made mention about a campout at the Issac Walton League near you on memorial weekend, I think??? Other than Parker having T-ball practice on Sat., I think we might be up for at least one night out in the new moho. Can you elaborate on where / when / why / what the occasion is?

Yes, we are camping at the
Lorain County Ely Chapter of the Izaak Walton League21334 Foster Road, Penfield, OH 44090
(Penfield is also considered Wellington with their address)

from Friday through Monday. We dont know cost as of yet but should know I hope by next week. He said it would be cheaper than the state park which is just down the street. They have a shower/restroom house there and electric. No water connection though. Its about 10 min from our house if you need a water fill Occasion is its memorial day weekend and Lou's birthday
My in laws live close by and my bro & sister in law as well as nieces will be staying with them so we are going to be fairly close by to see them.
Would be cool to see the moho!

Old 05-12-2011, 07:29 PM   #460
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
I'd say we're shooting for at least one night with you, I would guess Sat. night. We've got so much going on here at home that I'm limiting it to one night. We're anxious to really camp in the moho. I just have to pull the trigger and realize that it's not going to be a fault-free unit before we go camping with it.

Tags
ohio, rally