Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-30-2010, 03:30 PM   #381
2 Rivet Member

Our next outing is in a couple of weeks-Pennwood-finally.
We are really looking forward to that. Gonna be a lot to look at-lots of walking around and checking out the other AS
BB and Jayne
bob otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:15 PM   #382
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Bob and Jayne
I began to wonder if you guys were even alive over there. Look forward to camping with you again this yr, if you can find the time. Seems all those we met last yr are going thier seperate ways this yr and not getting together. I showered up just special fer that too,LOL
Roger
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:03 PM   #383
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob otto View Post
You are going to enjoy that group, we camp with them 2 or 3 times a year. They usually have a lot of people participating for their events. We attended the Cardinal event in the spring. We also went to the relly in Michigan in June. It was great. Terry and Brenda called because they thought we were attending the Mohican rally because the name Otto shows up on the list of attendees. But, sad to say it's not us. It's really a guy named Dick Otto-could be related to Bob-not sure though. All the Otto's seem to be related somehow.
It's strange we haven't seen everyone for so long. We made all our reservations at the beginning of the season and had to turn in vacation requests-so that really cuts into going too much more than we already are. Pretty much our only impromptu trips are with Bob's sister and her husband since they purchased a motor home.
Have fun at Mohican, it's a really good group of people.
Congrats to all the wedding folks. That cake was great!
Yeah, I hadn't seen you posting in the RV.net Mohican forum and then was surprised to see "Otto" on site 108 right next to us on 107. I assumed it was you guys...who would'a thunk it that there's two Otto families in the RV.net Ohio Rally group! Oh well. I guess we'll be the only one representin' the Airstream brand there. I figured if I was going to check out the RV.net group then this the best venue as it's the best attended of the year (according to the membership) and it's practically in our backyard.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:41 AM   #384
2 Rivet Member

Watch our for that bunch if you go rafting with them. It's gonna get ugly on that river. They are all taking their WMD's. I'd be packin one too if I were you.
Tell Steve and Sheryl we said hi. A bunch of them just got back from a big trip out west.
I'm sure we will meet up in the future. We're going to do the Halloween outing in October with them. Too bad they didn't do Evergreen this year. That's a really nice park and in our backyard. We are just in Canal Fulton so it's only 1/2 hr or so away.
Good to see younger people with kids joining in with the AS group. There will be a ton of kids with the RV group. Alot have kids and the others seem to bring the grandkids.
Have fun-wish we were going, but it's just too hard to do back to back weekends and work in the middle.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:43 AM   #385
2 Rivet Member

Hey Roger-where you been hiding out? Glad to hear about the shower-sorry if you wasted water just fer us.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:32 PM   #386
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
I've looked through the picture archive and yeah, I see that the water guns are blazin'. We won't be hitting the river. The little ones aren't real comfortable with swimming yet so if we went over I've be worried about them floating away screaming in their life vest.

The presence of kids was a concern for us with the RV.net rally as it is with any rally/gathering. I posted an inquiry about haw many kids and what ages will be there. I received satisfactory responses, so we jumped on board. Probably the most supportive experience was when I called to reserve a site. The lady at the CG say:

"have you ever camped with the RV.net group before?"

Me:"No"

Lady @ CG:"well then you're in for a lot of fun. They are a great group of people."

An unsolicited vote of confidence is a believable one. Bob, I see that you attend the Evergreen rallies often...your location makes sense of it. I've never stayed at Evergreen, and I know it's highly rated, but just driving by it tends to make me shy away. I like wide open sites w/ many trees, etc. Not that I won't camp at Evergreen, but given how close it is to me, I'd never readily go pay $40-$45 a night for the weekend in absence of a group gathering or something.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:16 PM   #387
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Well Bob and Jayne
It seems we are way down here and there is no activity here. Seems all the people we camped with last yr and the yr before (at least those from here in Ohio) have chosen to do stuff in Pennsylvania and Ny and we are just not up travelin 4 or 5 hundred miles when there are places to see rite here in the state. We enjoyed Lake Erie and several other parks last yr,but it seems there aint nuffin goin this yr.
Glad to hear from you.
Roger
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 08-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #388
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Jason
I was considering coming to Loudenville and trying the Ohio RV.Net group. But in looking over the campground rules I find 1 rule that eliminates us. I will not break my own rule or theirs so Loudenville is out. Sorry thought we would see you soon.
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 08-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #389
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
Jason
I was considering coming to Loudenville and trying the Ohio RV.Net group. But in looking over the campground rules I find 1 rule that eliminates us. I will not break my own rule or theirs so Loudenville is out. Sorry thought we would see you soon.
Andrea and I are curious....what rule rules you out? I must admit, I don't know the rules. We called, signed up, and we're going to show up next Fri. evening.

After camping together last year at Pleasant Hill, I can't imagine that the rules at a private campground would be tighter than at a state-run park.

Would be great to see you and Mary-Lou. Although, I think we'll see each other at Detroit-Metro in two weeks.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:28 AM   #390
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Jason
Pm me and I will be glad to let you in on my rule and theirs.
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 08-21-2010, 06:17 AM   #391
2 Rivet Member

So Jason did you enjoy the RV.net group? They are a fun group-up for just about anything
Old 08-21-2010, 06:58 AM   #392
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
It was camping, I can say that. I suppose if we went down the river that it would have been more exciting. Overall, nice group of people but it seemed that they got together for dinner and then just dispersed. Parker found a kid his age to play with, which was nice. We accidentally napped through the kids activities. I missed a lot of what I get at a good AS rally: common fire, happy hour / afternoon gathering, a common gathering place to use all day and people that want to socialize go there rather than hanging out at their camper.

Not that I wouldn't want to go to another RV.net campout, though. I'd like to catch up with you fellow Airstreamers in the RV.net group. The venue will have a lot to do with it, too. When I'm so close to home as Smith's is, it's kinda boring to begin with since we live so close.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:04 PM   #393
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up

Our favorite Ohio Airstream ambassadors have been on the move again. Where have they been sighted? Right here in Lapeer Michigan, that's where. Ending up a fun weekend at the MD rally and on their way to Fantastic Vent and Propride and P&G Restoration Experts we were fortunate enough to receive a visit from Lou and Larry and they brought the traveling "driveway rally" direct to our home!!! What a blast. Lou made the dinner, I made salad, Brad built a fire and Larry kept us entertained with the art of storytelling. Now I seriously think they have turned us onto the joys of courtesy parking and we are anxious to do it again.

Thanks guys. We really enjoyed ourselves and the little gifts for the dogs (stobe lights to find them in the dark!) and the custom card that Lou made is so cute and a wonderful reminder of the good time we all had together and it was so amazingly impromptu. It makes me wonder why we think we need to sweat the details when whatwe really need is to relax and enjoy. They are without a doubt the most congenial, generous and welcoming couple you will never find and have the pleasure of spending time with. Made me smile and laugh out loud over and over again. We look forward to seeing you again here or perhaps at your place if we get the opportunity to visit you in Ohio. We enjoyed seeing your beauutiful Airstream and were so at home for dinner in the new digs!

First three pictures taken yesterday, next three earlier this summer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	byrally.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	109279   Click image for larger version

Name:	L&L.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	109280  

Name:	lfire.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	109281   Click image for larger version

Name:	yard.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	109282  

Name:	yard2.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	109283   Click image for larger version

Name:	brad.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	109284  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #394
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Lapeer, MI

Thanks, Carol!
What a lovely little corner of the world Carol and Brad have! We feel privileged to have been able to share the little Airstream park that they have created in their own yard. We had a great dinner and campfire. Their two furry family members made us laugh. It was delightful! We hope that they will keep inviting us (and maybe some other Airstreamers) to come. Put this one on your "to do" list fellow Ohioans! Such a nice family!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #395
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Where are you for Labor Day?

Larry and I are hosting a driveway campout. Tonight we have airforums campers coming in to stay overnight. On Mon. we have pattimarty Shenkman, and Elvis,coming in and we will celebrate their RV4thecause tour with a potluck in the backyard. If anyone wants to join us, please let us know and come on over!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 09-04-2010, 06:35 AM   #396
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
Larry and I are hosting a driveway campout. Tonight we have airforums campers coming in to stay overnight. On Mon. we have pattimarty Shenkman, and Elvis,coming in and we will celebrate their RV4thecause tour with a potluck in the backyard. If anyone wants to join us, please let us know and come on over!!!
Airbiscuit & MikeStPeter are totally there!
Old 11-13-2010, 04:13 PM   #397
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
No posts here in two months...wow. I assume everyone has there AS winterized and/or has it stored away for now since it's been below 32F a couple times now in the last weeks. Hard to believe how nice today was, though!

Our AS is parked away in the corner of the barn. The sink / stove area has been torn out already. The new one is designed, just a bit more computer work to make the drawings so I know how to cut everything and then it's time to make some sawdust. Everything has to be done by the beginning of Feb. We're going to DisneyWorld with the AS on Feb 5-13. I just bought some mew Michelins for the TV, so hopefully we can get out in the snow and even more hopefully, back up the hill with the AS in tow when we get home.

Anyone else dreaming of next year already?
Old 11-14-2010, 09:55 PM   #398
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Hi

Hi Jason and Andrea,
We have been busy. Got through the big wedding and all is well. We have the Excella winterized. We were hoping that we could get a couple of more dry campouts in before snow flies, but we will see. Lots still going on. November is our big month for birthdays and anniversaries and stuff. We have had some fun times with our "silver" family in the last two months.

Sounds like Mason and Parker are in for some fun times at Disney World. We hope you get your kitchen back in shape in time for that big trip.

We are hoping that spring comes early!!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 11-15-2010, 03:51 AM   #399
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Hi Larry and Lou

Adrienne and I were mentioning how much really enjoyed meeting you folks at the Birthday Bash. We were the airstreamers who had the 27' 1973 Overlander. We really enjoyed taking 20 through Ohio. You guys have a very beautiful state with great towns and nice people.

Brian
Old 11-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #400
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
a couple of days

Sorry for not replying here! Hi everyone! I have had quite a hectic last few days and haven't checked in. On Sunday, Larry woke me up saying he had chest pains. I raced him to the hospital with all of the classic symptoms. They nitro patched him, but the pain didn't subside. They ran all of the tests that they could do on a Sunday. They suspected another blockage. (2009 he had a heart attack with 5 stents added.) This morning he had an angiogram done and sure enough there was a 95% block in the coronary artery. One more stent done this morning. He was in recovery quite awhile but he is doing great. If he behaves himself they may let him come home tomorrow. Thank goodness it was not a big heart attack that we waited out. The cardiologist says no damage that they could detect. We got there soon enough. We just want to thank all of our neighbors, friends and Silver family for the thoughts and prayers. Loren has been updating us all on FaceBook!!! Modern technology! Yay!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Tags
ohio, rally