Old 04-23-2009, 07:12 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
May 9-10 at Indian Lake would be good, but with 1-2 at Mohican, May 10 being mother's day and plans to go to Springstream in GA May 14-17...9-10 would be a bit too much for us. Hope you can get some folks to join you, though.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:42 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningbarre View Post
Hey everyone,
Julie and I will keep watching this thread too. May first at mohican is out for us...anyone want to try Indian Lake for May 9, 10th? Larry, Lou, good meeting you in Ky. Hope to see you out and about this summer here in Ohio
Sorry, we are going to watch our daughter commence....Master's Degree... on Sat., May 9th....Yay!!! Ashland Univ. is too far from Indian Lake to do a split in the middle. We will catch up with you along the way on another weekend. Thanks for the invite.
Lou and Larry

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:15 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
details

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob otto View Post
Lou
You and Larry will have to get walkie talkies to be able to talk to each other in there. All that extra space would be wonderful. That's a big AS.
Did you have to get a new tow vehicle? Where did you find it? What color interior? Is it all original or has it been redone in any way? Would've been cheaper to buy a new AC for the Minuet. Really happy for you.
Jayne and BB
We are having a good time with the new to us Excella 1000. Found it here in the Classifieds. All 29 feet are awesome! Larry says to tell you that while we don't need walkie talkies, the echo in there is awesome. No need for a new tow vehicle. The E350 did just fine. Larry is in love with the PO's Hensley hitch, so it looks like that will be on the shopping list. The inside is light and airy. Light earthtones, oak cabinetry, updated floor and counters and faucets. He did the kitchen backsplash in aluminum and it makes it look so much brighter.
Yep, would have been way cheaper to get the AC for the Minuet, but this is more fun!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #18
Sky
Classic 30

Sum Wear , Ohio
Its a beautiful coach, I can vouch for that. Lou, did you get your rug re sized yet?

2500HD DMax............30' Classic
Old 04-23-2009, 09:32 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
carpet

Thanks, we think that it is a nice coach too.
Nope, I did not get to that carpet yet. The carpet piece has a nice border all the way around it which sets the theme and I am worrying that if the border has to go then it will spoil the look. So I have to get out there and measure and figure out if it is worth doing. It may be just wayyy too big. But playing with that kind of stuff is kinda' fun.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-24-2009, 08:36 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f47/...tml#post690749
Andrea, pictures of the new to us AS went up on the Silver Sister thread...post #2425
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
Lou and Larry - got a new one eh? That must be so exciting - it was only a year ago that we were going through it - not only new, but the first one! We've just returned home from our first week end out! We thought we'd found a really nice place according to the review on the internet. We made a reservation and headed for the Chillicothe area looking forward to this new, not yet discovered campground. What we found was a campground that all the guide books had kicked out! Poor folks had purchased it, in terribe run-down condition, sight unseen. They came from Wyoming and are trying to build it up. In ten years, with a mighty infusion of cash, they might reach up to the category of PRIMITIVE. It was not what we were looking for. Fortunately we found a Good Sam campground within five miles and they had space - so relaxing, so quiet and so nice to be back on the road.

I think the idea of this thread is great! The weekend coming up is not good for us as we have commitments each day of the weekend.

We do plan to be at Dillon on May 15-16 on lot #16. Then we're going to Delaware State Park for the holiday - 21 May thru 25 May on lot #133.

We have the weekend of June 18 - 21 available for 'streaming but we don't yet have a plan or a place in mind.

July 9 - 12 we plan to be in Lebanon - we're trying to decide which CG - the one right in town or the one out towards Wilmington. Any suggestions from anyone? That's also the weekend we'll celebrate Becky's brithday.

July 31 - Aug 2, or so, we were thinking about Maumee Bay and then Aug. 13 - 16 we're looking at Amish Country - wondering which CG to visit.

Sept. 17 we'll leave for our vacation - visiting northern Indiana -Shipshewana, Elkhart, etc...and then across Illinois to SW Wisconsin, visiting Galena, IL and many sites in Wisconsin. Then we plan to go south through Iowa ending in Springfield, IL and visiting the many Lincoln shrines before returning to SE Ohio. We expect it to take us ten to twelve days.

And finally, October 9 to Oct. 16 we'll visit Cherry Hill CG just north of Washington DC. We'll try to get caught up with the sites in DC. Not many other free weekends-between Becky's work at the museum, which often takes weekend days.

We'll try to keep an eye on this thread to see what's going on during those free week
ends and we'll be happy to join you. Looking forward to it - and so anxious to see Lou and Larry's new toy.

HAVE A GREAT SUMMER 'STREAMING!!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #22
TAC OH-17

1994 34' Limited
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
Smile may8,9,10

Julie and I have reserved site b74 at Indian Lake State Park for Mothers Day weekend. If anyone would like to join us...feel free....we don't bite!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #23
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
Pokagon State Park May 15-17

We would invite any one who wants to come and hang out at this GREAT state park in Angola Indiana (north east corner of the state). We are going to roll in on Friday the 15 of may before dinner and stay through checkout Sunday. This will be our Shakedown run for the year and will expect NO surmises! We camp with a group of great SOB's that are very aware of our Alumititus.(some of them have it too!) I checked the State park reservation system today and there are still spots available so come on lets get together and have a great time, I am sure that my girls would love to play/Meet new friends as they are 8 & 2 and know no strangers when it comes to the campgrounds! Mike
PS: I almost forgot we will be on sites #350 with friends on #348 & #346 and If I can get away with it I will have the Flamingo Flying! (Erin doesent always agree)
Old 04-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1993 34' Limited
Melbourne Florida , Springfield Ohio
Well, I guess I am different - I have my Airstream parked at Land Yacht Harbor in Melbourne Florida - really like the place. I spend the winter there, as well as 3 or 4 trips down there during the year. I drive my car back and forth. Works for me. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #25
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
This is just a bit over a month away....might be worth considering. It is open to anyone, even SOBs.

This will be the 7th year we've done it.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...lly-48113.html
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:51 PM   #26
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
I'm in. We didn't camp at all last summer

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfixx View Post
I'm in. We didn't camp at all last summer

Steve
Hi Steve, We hope to see you this summer. And which campground are you in on?? And which state will you be in? LOL!!!
This thread has drastically gone off task....LOL!!!
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
2 Airstreams will be at Mohican this weekend

We booked the sites at Mohican State Park for this weekend. We'll be checking in on May 1st and checking out on May 3rd. We are on site 84 and loudruff is on site 83.

Yeah, we get to see their new camper

I know that the next site over, which is 85, is still available. Anyone else want to join us?

Tags
ohio, rally