Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #361
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
squirrel?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:41 AM   #362
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbiscuit View Post
The Airbiscuit wedding registry...

3 sets of airtream lights to hang on awnning
I've got a few sets of different types. One being the "wonderful" airstream look-a-like lights. They were bequeathed to me with our AS from the PO. I've never used them because I'm lazy and I was just getting ready to trash them. I'll hold'em for you until the next time I see y'all.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:04 AM   #363

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:

1 New hitch for ford explorer - Already working on this one!
1 working prodigy controller - Working on this too... so far not workin... yet
1 set of matching towels for trailer - Check (have palm trees and flamingos and a set from the Bellagio)
2 sets of pie irons - Check (rents already borrow these from us)
1 120/12 volt beer cooler (buying ice on a budget stinks) - Check (so long as a mini aluminum fridge counts)
1 nice journal for keeping airstream adventures in - Check
2 camping chairs with high backs - Check
1 lodge Campfire Dutch oven
1 rack system for kayaks on top of Explorer - Check
many plastic Pink Flamingos - Check
Fuel station gift cards
State park gift cards
step stool for husband to reach on top or explorer to help unload kayaks - Check
New air conditioner for top
Airstream gift certificates gladly excepted

Carol, we are contemplating a honeymoon rally but the wedding is going to be here in our hometown. Its a black & ivory traditional wedding and we have discussed decorating the reception hall with squirrels.
Don't forget the cake.

Congratulations!

Kevin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream1.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	106465   Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream 2.JPG
Views:	343
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	106466  

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:07 PM   #364
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
We have an older brake controller, I think it is a DrawTite works but replaced it with a Prodigy when we had the disc brakes.

photography
Old 07-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #365
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Cake

Now that is one awesome cake! Did you do that?? Very nice! Someone did a super job of the detail!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:56 PM   #366
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Party on

We may have a real party at Findley this weekend. We just heard that "Artstream" may be added to the party. He is coming this way from NY. He would like to land in the driveway at our place to work on some truck issues that he is having! We will be glad to see him again!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-11-2010, 01:26 PM   #367
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Woohooo! Awesome weekend with ctdair, artstream, danb, & loudruff! Thanks guys for making our first outing fun and being a great cheering section when I backed in solo. We did come up with some more items for the Airbiscuit Wedding Registry though! haha!
Old 07-11-2010, 01:49 PM   #368
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Quote:

1 New hitch for ford explorer - Already working on this one!
1 working prodigy controller - Working on this too... so far not workin... yet
1 set of matching towels for trailer - Check (have palm trees and flamingos and a set from the Bellagio)
2 sets of pie irons - Check (rents already borrow these from us)
1 120/12 volt beer cooler (buying ice on a budget stinks) - Check (so long as a mini aluminum fridge counts)
1 nice journal for keeping airstream adventures in - Check
2 camping chairs with high backs - Check
1 lodge Campfire Dutch oven
1 rack system for kayaks on top of Explorer - Check
many plastic Pink Flamingos - Check
Fuel station gift cards
State park gift cards
step stool for husband to reach on top or explorer to help unload kayaks - Check
New air conditioner for top
Airstream gift certificates gladly excepted
Wheel chocks
leveling blocks
electrical extension (220)

ctdair, danb, loudruff... can you think of anything else we all thought of this weekend? LOL!
Old 07-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #369
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Okay, Airbiscuit Engagement Rally... Airstream Forums - Airbiscuit Engagement Rally
Look for the Airbiscuit Honeymoon Rally next year Hope ya'll can join us!
Old 07-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #370
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Findley SP

Quote:
Woohooo! Awesome weekend with ctdair, artstream, danb, & loudruff! Thanks guys for making our first outing fun and being a great cheering section when I backed in solo. We did come up with some more items for the Airbiscuit Wedding Registry though! haha!
We had a great time, and I hope that we can do it again real soon. We were glad that the guys could get DanB's trailer wiring figured out. Now they can go to Boy Scouts and the AirPocono rally! Yay!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #371
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
What, no rally discussion forum???

I just mentioned this to Andrea and she says it sounds good. We've still got the AS in the front yard (our CP spot) de-packing from our trip this past week. I was just about to put it in the barn until Metro Detroit, but perhaps now we lightly re-pack and head for LaGrange this weekend.

I've RSVP'd as maybe as anything can happen, but since we haven't seen y'all this year, we'd like to be there. I think loudruff only has one 30A hookup though and it's supposed to be in the 90s ?!? again this weekend. I want to be in the driveway, but maybe I better go to FSP so I have guaranteed air conditioning power. Might show up Friday evening, might show up Sat AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #372
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Fsp

Yep, if you want to run AC and don't have a generator, then Findley is a good bet. But if you are going to get a spot you need to call ahead and reserve because this park sells to the walls on weekends. They will be full by Thursday.
We have Artstream parked in the courtesy spot. He is working on brakes and etc. while we are hanging here at JC waiting for morning and the appraisal of the storm damage. We hope he stays awhile to visit!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-12-2010, 06:57 AM   #373
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
I'd like to send a big public "Thank you" to Al, Larry, Mike, Mike & the rest of the crew who worked all day hunting down electrical demons in my trailer. For those interested, my brake problems appeared to be caused by an open ground from the brakes to the truck. This in addition to loose and misplaced connections in the umbilical connection caused the problems.

For amusement: Know that I am colored blind and that the former owner of my trailer has only one arm. Why should there be any electrical problems!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:10 AM   #374
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by atobols View Post
What, no rally discussion forum???

I just mentioned this to Andrea and she says it sounds good. We've still got the AS in the front yard (our CP spot) de-packing from our trip this past week. I was just about to put it in the barn until Metro Detroit, but perhaps now we lightly re-pack and head for LaGrange this weekend.

I've RSVP'd as maybe as anything can happen, but since we haven't seen y'all this year, we'd like to be there. I think loudruff only has one 30A hookup though and it's supposed to be in the 90s ?!? again this weekend. I want to be in the driveway, but maybe I better go to FSP so I have guaranteed air conditioning power. Might show up Friday evening, might show up Sat AM.
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing you guys again! here is your rally discussion thread... http://www.airforums.com/forums/f290...tml#post870645 haha!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:05 AM   #375

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
Now that is one awesome cake! Did you do that?? Very nice! Someone did a super job of the detail!
The Bride surprised me at our wedding last month. She had a local baker make it for the reception.

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:30 AM   #376
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
All these weddings. Love is in the Air! Congratulations Kevin and congratulations Airbiscuit!

photography
Old 07-12-2010, 08:03 PM   #377
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
at the Mother Ship

Larry and I are at the Terraport at JC. Spent the day here while the techs at AS worked on the front panel that got dented in the storm. The other damage will be worked on tomorrow. They replaced the front curved top panel and they were able to push and massage out the crease and dent in the middle one at the seam. They replaced the refrigerator vent. Tomorrow, they will remove the underside of the AC and look to see what got pushed down and if any of the bows are bent next to the AC. And the door needs to be bent back into shape, and they will be replacing the old antenna. It went to pieces. Looks like the new batwing is in our future.

If anybody has any errands that need doing at the Wally store, let us know. We are picking up pieces and parts for several folks while we are here. We have to be here waiting for the work to get done....kinda like waiting for the doctor! Ick! We may take a side trip somewhere tomorrow afternoon. The Spot for lunch??? Maybe?
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-26-2010, 09:32 AM   #378
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
We will be at Findley State Park August 5-8 site 174.

Medina County Fair is running that week so sites may book fast!
Old 07-26-2010, 03:34 PM   #379
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
We've opted to try camping with the Ohio RV.net group at Mohican that weekend. I recall that someone on here told me to check them out. So we'll see how that goes.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:20 PM   #380
2 Rivet Member

You are going to enjoy that group, we camp with them 2 or 3 times a year. They usually have a lot of people participating for their events. We attended the Cardinal event in the spring. We also went to the relly in Michigan in June. It was great. Terry and Brenda called because they thought we were attending the Mohican rally because the name Otto shows up on the list of attendees. But, sad to say it's not us. It's really a guy named Dick Otto-could be related to Bob-not sure though. All the Otto's seem to be related somehow.
It's strange we haven't seen everyone for so long. We made all our reservations at the beginning of the season and had to turn in vacation requests-so that really cuts into going too much more than we already are. Pretty much our only impromptu trips are with Bob's sister and her husband since they purchased a motor home.
Have fun at Mohican, it's a really good group of people.
Congrats to all the wedding folks. That cake was great!
bob otto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ohio, rally