Old 11-17-2009, 02:24 PM   #239
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
potluck

There will be at least 4-5 of us for a potluck, so far. Al and Shinim will be out. Loren is coming, I think. We are playing it by ear, as usual. We hope you can come, Jayne! Let us know how things are going. I think Bob has our cell phone number.

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:55 PM   #240
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Dawn & I will be there for potluck. Probably bringing corn. (scalloped) and wine and wine

Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #241
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Kent , Ohio
If I wouldnt have winterized my Trailer already, I might have come to... I was lookin for 1 more camp out of the year. You all are going to have a great weekend.
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:27 PM   #242
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang View Post
If I wouldnt have winterized my Trailer already, I might have come to... I was lookin for 1 more camp out of the year. You all are going to have a great weekend.
Come anyways! We are DRY camping! Bottled and jugs of water. Park facilities.... We have ours winterized but we will use it as an aluminum high quality tent! LOL!!You are welcome to come along and have a great weekend too!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 11-18-2009, 01:03 PM   #243
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Kent , Ohio
It sounds very tempting, may try to stop in for the camp fire. We are getting ready for thanksgiving to...
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #244
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
bump

Looks like there will be at least 8 people and perhaps a few more. So far we are the only ones camping. We still haven't heard back from all of the Ohioans that are out there!!! We would love celebrate the great camping we had this year with a great campfire!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 11-19-2009, 05:15 AM   #245
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
OK, we'll chime in...

We can't make it. The AS isn't mobile right now even if we didn't already have plans. We're going to Wooster on Friday night for the revealing of the store windows (Christmas thing) and the general downtown open house / start the holiday season. Then, Sat / Sun we're going to visit with family at Andrea's dad's house in Delaware, OH. So, we can't make it camping and unfortunately no work will get done on the AS, either!
Old 11-19-2009, 05:31 AM   #246
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Jason,

That's kinda funny. The reason I'm probably not camping is because I need to continue work on my Christmas "store window" in Lorain. Open house is the 28th and I've got some serious work to do!

We have a funeral visitation right after work on Friday, but will be down right after. 2nd one this week. sucks. Young man also. really sucks.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:49 AM   #247
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
working

Sorry to hear that you are too busy Jason. We miss you! Have fun with the kids at the Christmas magic. This is a precious time to have kids! The most fun times!
Dan, we will keep the campfire going! So sorry to hear about premature funerals. That is the pits!
Larry is working on our house refrigerator. The frig. side of the side by side quit cooling very well two days ago. He replaced the defrosting element behind the freezer about 5 mo. ago. And it worked great til two days ago. So yesterday he replace the little thingie that controls the timing of the defrosting element. Grrrr! This morning it was only at 40 degrees. So we are watching it closely. See those Airstreams do come in handy. I am using it for my standby refrigerator...in cases of emergency! LOL!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 11-19-2009, 09:12 AM   #248
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Hi Lou and Larry And ALL other OHIOIANS.
Lou
Tell Larry to check to see if he still has the circulating fan. The Cooling of the Refer Section depends on a fan to bring cold from the freezer section. Temps are controlled by opening and closing of vents between the two,at least that's the way ours two are. We lost that fan 2 days after the warranty expired. Then was told by Fridgidare TWO WEEKS for a tech. I ordered it,it came in over nite and I replaced it next day,down two days not two weeks. Lucky we had the back up in the pantry.
We wish it wasnt so far for a campfire and potluck we would certianly attend.
Hope you both are feelin better.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:22 AM   #249
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
hi Roger

Larry got the refrigerator fixed again we think. He thawed the coils out again, and replaced the little electronic controller box that is the timer for the defrost cycle. The fans seem to be working ok now. I am putting the food back inside. We will fill up the freezer again when we return from camping. The little controller box was almost $80. Larry the repairman just requires cookies and free food. LOL! Wish you were all coming to camp with us today!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 11-21-2009, 12:45 PM   #250
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
nice campout

We had a beautiful evening last evening! Dan and Dawn, Al and Shinim, Loren and her friend came out to Findley for a nice evening campfire and pot luck dinner. Yum, as usual! The air was not too cold and no wind. Larry and I spent the night. We hardly needed heat last night. Good night for camping.
Hope to see the rest of you next time!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 11-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #251
66CHROMEDOME

1966 22' Safari
canal fulton , Ohio
Sory

Hi Lou
Well as you know, we didn't make it up Friday. Bob got home way tooooo
late Friday for us to make the drive.
Sounds like you had a few show up though. Hope a good time was had by all.
Maybe we should all try to get together this winter for lunch or dinner. Somewhere in the middle for everyone. Jayne
Old 01-09-2010, 08:50 PM   #252
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
RV Show at the IX Cleveland

We had a great time at the RV Show today. We picked up Al and Shinim (ctdair) and then DanB and Dawn and headed out about 1:00. Did not get through until about 6 p.m. There was a sea of white box campers and lots of big Thor rigs. Only two ASs there. A Bambi and an FB 27 footer. The new Serenity colors. We were a little disappointed not to see many camping accessories being sold there. But we walked alot and had a blast going through lots of campers looking for great ideas. Then we all went to dinner. Very nice evening. Have any of the rest of you been to the show??

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Tags
ohio, rally