Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #241
Rivet Master

1999 27' Safari
Kent , Ohio
If I wouldnt have winterized my Trailer already, I might have come to... I was lookin for 1 more camp out of the year. You all are going to have a great weekend.
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:27 PM   #242
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang View Post
If I wouldnt have winterized my Trailer already, I might have come to... I was lookin for 1 more camp out of the year. You all are going to have a great weekend.
Come anyways! We are DRY camping! Bottled and jugs of water. Park facilities.... We have ours winterized but we will use it as an aluminum high quality tent! LOL!!You are welcome to come along and have a great weekend too!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:03 PM   #243
Rivet Master

1999 27' Safari
Kent , Ohio
It sounds very tempting, may try to stop in for the camp fire. We are getting ready for thanksgiving to...
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #244
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
bump

Looks like there will be at least 8 people and perhaps a few more. So far we are the only ones camping. We still haven't heard back from all of the Ohioans that are out there!!! We would love celebrate the great camping we had this year with a great campfire!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 11-19-2009, 05:15 AM   #245
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
OK, we'll chime in...

We can't make it. The AS isn't mobile right now even if we didn't already have plans. We're going to Wooster on Friday night for the revealing of the store windows (Christmas thing) and the general downtown open house / start the holiday season. Then, Sat / Sun we're going to visit with family at Andrea's dad's house in Delaware, OH. So, we can't make it camping and unfortunately no work will get done on the AS, either!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:31 AM   #246
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Jason,

That's kinda funny. The reason I'm probably not camping is because I need to continue work on my Christmas "store window" in Lorain. Open house is the 28th and I've got some serious work to do!

We have a funeral visitation right after work on Friday, but will be down right after. 2nd one this week. sucks. Young man also. really sucks.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:49 AM   #247
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
working

Sorry to hear that you are too busy Jason. We miss you! Have fun with the kids at the Christmas magic. This is a precious time to have kids! The most fun times!
Dan, we will keep the campfire going! So sorry to hear about premature funerals. That is the pits!
Larry is working on our house refrigerator. The frig. side of the side by side quit cooling very well two days ago. He replaced the defrosting element behind the freezer about 5 mo. ago. And it worked great til two days ago. So yesterday he replace the little thingie that controls the timing of the defrosting element. Grrrr! This morning it was only at 40 degrees. So we are watching it closely. See those Airstreams do come in handy. I am using it for my standby refrigerator...in cases of emergency! LOL!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 11-19-2009, 09:12 AM   #248
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Hi Lou and Larry And ALL other OHIOIANS.
Lou
Tell Larry to check to see if he still has the circulating fan. The Cooling of the Refer Section depends on a fan to bring cold from the freezer section. Temps are controlled by opening and closing of vents between the two,at least that's the way ours two are. We lost that fan 2 days after the warranty expired. Then was told by Fridgidare TWO WEEKS for a tech. I ordered it,it came in over nite and I replaced it next day,down two days not two weeks. Lucky we had the back up in the pantry.
We wish it wasnt so far for a campfire and potluck we would certianly attend.
Hope you both are feelin better.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:22 AM   #249
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
hi Roger

Larry got the refrigerator fixed again we think. He thawed the coils out again, and replaced the little electronic controller box that is the timer for the defrost cycle. The fans seem to be working ok now. I am putting the food back inside. We will fill up the freezer again when we return from camping. The little controller box was almost $80. Larry the repairman just requires cookies and free food. LOL! Wish you were all coming to camp with us today!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 11-21-2009, 12:45 PM   #250
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
nice campout

We had a beautiful evening last evening! Dan and Dawn, Al and Shinim, Loren and her friend came out to Findley for a nice evening campfire and pot luck dinner. Yum, as usual! The air was not too cold and no wind. Larry and I spent the night. We hardly needed heat last night. Good night for camping.
Hope to see the rest of you next time!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 11-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #251
2 Rivet Member

Sory

Hi Lou
Well as you know, we didn't make it up Friday. Bob got home way tooooo
late Friday for us to make the drive.
Sounds like you had a few show up though. Hope a good time was had by all.
Maybe we should all try to get together this winter for lunch or dinner. Somewhere in the middle for everyone. Jayne
bob otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:50 PM   #252
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
RV Show at the IX Cleveland

We had a great time at the RV Show today. We picked up Al and Shinim (ctdair) and then DanB and Dawn and headed out about 1:00. Did not get through until about 6 p.m. There was a sea of white box campers and lots of big Thor rigs. Only two ASs there. A Bambi and an FB 27 footer. The new Serenity colors. We were a little disappointed not to see many camping accessories being sold there. But we walked alot and had a blast going through lots of campers looking for great ideas. Then we all went to dinner. Very nice evening. Have any of the rest of you been to the show??
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 01-10-2010, 07:06 AM   #253
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
We would like to go, but there's nothing we really NEED to see, so the cost & time + kids put a stop to it. Knowing now that there's only two Airstreams there, I don't feel that I missed much.

I just heard the question again the other day of: "do they still make those things?"
Old 01-12-2010, 10:32 AM   #254
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
We were a little disappointed not to see many camping accessories being sold there.
This seems to be a common disappointment. I stopped doing the shows because they are all about sell big boxes. Some area campgrounds show up but no cool stuff. Don't know if it's not worth it or no invited by the RV Association. Too bad really. You would think they could team up with dealers to have great repair or install upgrade stuff or just give out coupons for such.

Now back to the main story...
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #255
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
I'm posting here to see who's still subscribed here.

We got out and did some work on the AS today given the wonderful (for northern Ohio) weather. I'm hoping that I can get the AS out of the back yard in a couple weekends from now in order to go to NOVAfest. It MUST be out by Good Friday because that starts a 2 week trip to VA for work, CBR, then more work. I conveniently get to visit a customer in VA before CBR, and attend a seminar in Richmond VA after CBR. Work's payin' for my gas!

Andrea made some final touches in the bathroom of the AS (partial remodel over the winter). We've dumped the ever so functional and tasteful folding shower door and removed the tambour cabinet inside the shower. We now have a shower curtain and a lot more shoulder room! The wonderful wall oven is gone so the kids won't bash their heads on it in the mid-bedroom when watching TV there during the day. The new fridge and cabinets have long since been done. I'm anxious to get traveling with them to finally figure out what works well where.

So who all's in TAC? The last list I saw from Rob showed that most of the usual visitors of this thread were signed up. Maybe we convert this thread to a TAC-OH thread?
Old 03-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #256
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Brenda and I are still watching for forum rallies and gatherings.

We will be attending the OhioRally spring campout the last week of April at the Cardinal campground. There will be at least 2 Airstreams there but there is always room for more.

We are planning 8 family outings with the Airstream and at least 1 with the Vintage Motorcycle club. Add in as many Motorcycle rides as possible and this is going to be a very busy year with the guys.

Terry
#1941 Nova
Central Ohio VJMC
Vintage Tube Audio
safarinight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #257
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
NOVAfest

NOVAfest is the next one we will go to. Everyone is welcome to join us. We will be going to the Dogwoods and Bluegrass Rally in KY too. Some of the rest of the Ohioans are going. You and Brenda should look into that one. Glad to hear you are getting ready to open the camping season! See you on down the road!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 03-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #258
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Thanks to you telling me about it Terry, I've got the Cardinal campout on my calendar. I hope nothing steamrolls it in my calendar. It's a great park although I see that your group has reserved pull-through sites which means up by the shooting range & the highway. We stayed way back in the boonies there last Oct. (800s sites). They're water/elec only but the setting can't be beat and you can't even hear the highway. Nevertheless, I'll camp where the group is. Those sites back there would be kinda hard to get to for a big MoHo.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:39 AM   #259
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by atobols View Post
Thanks to you telling me about it Terry, I've got the Cardinal campout on my calendar. I hope nothing steamrolls it in my calendar. It's a great park although I see that your group has reserved pull-through sites which means up by the shooting range & the highway. We stayed way back in the boonies there last Oct. (800s sites). They're water/elec only but the setting can't be beat and you can't even hear the highway. Nevertheless, I'll camp where the group is. Those sites back there would be kinda hard to get to for a big MoHo.
The rally area is a good distance from the range and was selected for accommodations and shelter house. The shelter house and group fire ring are great for large pot-lucks.

It will be great to see you there. - Terry
#1941 Nova
Central Ohio VJMC
Vintage Tube Audio
Old 03-10-2010, 06:13 AM   #260
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
NOVAfest is the next one we will go to. Everyone is welcome to join us. We will be going to the Dogwoods and Bluegrass Rally in KY too. Some of the rest of the Ohioans are going. You and Brenda should look into that one. Glad to hear you are getting ready to open the camping season! See you on down the road!
Hi Lou & Larry! Our out-of-state trips will be limited to Michigan and Pennsylvania this year. I was stationed in the UP back in my summer camp days with uncle Sam so we will be "revisiting" the "cool" memories of the winter of 77-78. The Pennsylvania trips will include a stay at Penn Wood, and a campout with some vintage motorcycle folks that have been helping me with an engine rebuild.

We are very pleased to announce Tim will be graduating from OSU this summer and has already be accepted into the graduate program at OSU Marion. I am not sure what he has been drinking, or who he takes after because he will graduate with a 4.0. The small school I went to in South Dakota (Spearfish) never seemed to get excited about my grades. Hummmm... I wonder if it has something to do with time spent studying vs goofing off?

If your Nova schedule has openings perhaps we can link up some time this year. - Terry
#1941 Nova
Central Ohio VJMC
Vintage Tube Audio

Tags
ohio, rally