Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Nova Buddy Vintage Ohio Rally

Airbiscuit hosts the NOVA BUDDY VINTAGE OHIO RALLY
August 4-7 at Punderson State Park

This is in correlation to the Lake Farm Park's Vintage Ohio which is a Vintage Ohio Wine Festival. Lake Farm Park is located in Kirtland Ohio and is approx. 20 min from this campground. Please see detailed information about this festival here: Vintage Ohio at Lake Metroparks Farmpark - August 5 & 6, 2011

YOU will be responsible for your vintage ohio tickets:

2011 Vintage Ohio ticket information
:
    • Adult taster in advance: $25
    • Adult taster at the gate: $27
    • Two-day adult taster in advance: $40
    • Designated driver: $10
    • Child [under 18]: $3
All tickets MUST be pre-ordered by August 4 to receive the advanced discount.

We will be camping at Punderson State Park:
Ohio State Parks - Punderson State Park

We called today and reserved site #176 there are many available around it and we were told for sure sites 170-182 were currently available since the website for reservations is down.

YOU will be responsible for making your campground reservation!

There is a potluck dinner planned for Saturday evening but so far that is the only planned event for this weekend. Everything else is on your own time.

Some of the area attractions are:

Punderson State Park has an outstanding lake that is the largest and deepest kettle lake in Ohio. There are kayak and boat rentals available to explore this lake that has two natural springs in it. I am sure there will be quite a few kayaking on it this weekend!

THERE IS NO RALLY FEE FOR THIS RALLY SINCE YOU HAVE TO RESERVE YOUR OWN SITE & VINTAGE OHIO TICKETS. All meals except Saturday evening, are on your own but we will be set up around a campfire for socializing. We will have a packet of information ready for you when you arrive, just come to site 176 to pick it up!

If you have any questions please send me a private message! We hope to see you there!!

RSVP here... http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...8-4&redirect=1
Old 04-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
NOVA will be present however EVERYONE is invited. You don't have to be WBCCI to show up. We just want to camp and have a good time! No politics or hard feelings please.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Nova

Sounds like fun, Loren!! Vintage wines and vintage Airstreams sounds like a good theme to me!! Hopefully, some others newer than vintage will come and join in the fun!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Vintage Ohio is great. It was an annual trek for us pre-kids. Since kids, we've not been there once due to not being able to score long enough babysitting. Any chance anyone coming might have a teenager interested in making some cash to make sure my kids stay out of trouble at the campground whilst Andrea and I consume wine? Alternatively, perhaps they could score some cash going with us to Vintage Ohio and being the "watchful eye" on the kids as mom & dad are waiting in line for a sample.

My birthday is Aug 5, so this would be great way to celebrate!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:53 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Vintage Ohio is great. It was an annual trek for us pre-kids. Since kids, we've not been there once due to not being able to score long enough babysitting. Any chance anyone coming might have a teenager interested in making some cash to make sure my kids stay out of trouble at the campground whilst Andrea and I consume wine? Alternatively, perhaps they could score some cash going with us to Vintage Ohio and being the "watchful eye" on the kids as mom & dad are waiting in line for a sample.

My birthday is Aug 5, so this would be great way to celebrate!
I may be able to provide a teenager. I will find out when we get a little closer to the date since it would hinge on bandcamp.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Just a note about Vintage Ohio: This is a BIG event. I think I heard about 20,000 people attend. They have all kinds of food, car shows, and Fireworks!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:08 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Any chance anyone coming might have a teenager interested in making some cash to make sure my kids stay out of trouble at the campground whilst Andrea and I consume wine? Alternatively, perhaps they could score some cash going with us to Vintage Ohio and being the "watchful eye" on the kids as mom & dad are waiting in line for a sample.
Jason, I have procured a teenager who is willing to earn some extra cash and join us for the weekend. So be prepared to celebrate your birthday in style! She is more than happy to keep an eye on the kids and on trailers. We are concerned that if we are in the sun and something happens the dogs will overheat so she will be dog watching for us as well.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Does the teenagers name start with g and end with y? I guess we're committed. I got a lead tonight about tickets for vintage ohio for $14/person. I will post more when i'm on a real computer tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
OK, finally on a computer with real functionality. A regular wino friend of mine sent this to me the other day in reference to this year's Vintage Ohio:

So for 2011 we are offering JUST ONCE AND ONLY ONCE THIS YEAR, A GROUPON DISCOUNT the week of May 8th in conjunction with the Ohio Division of Tourism's National Travel Month promotion.

So if you are a Groupon subscriber, or if you want to sign up and become a subscriber to their daily 'deal' via e mail. This e mail will be the only way you will know about the Groupon offer to receive the $27 Vintage Ohio ticket [gate price] for $14 dollars.

After the Groupon promotion, we'll still have our regular 'pre-paid group' and 'advance sale' discounts available through our web site and our retail partner, Giant Eagle.

I know nothing about Groupon, but around May 8 I'm going to be figuring it out.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:07 AM   #10
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
We have groupon and living social. Pretty wicked deals on some things... on others its iffy. Will keep my eyes peeled though since we haven't purchased tickets yet. Thanks Jason!
Old 04-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Here is some information on the Vintage Ohio Wine stuffs!!
Ohio Wines - Vintage Ohio
Old 04-22-2011, 05:06 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
For those perhaps considering Vintage Ohio for the rally or just as an event, perhaps a lay person's description is in order since when I first went, I was not envisioning what I got.

Vintage Ohio is all about drinking wine from Ohio producers. You pay the entry fee and when you arrive you receive a tasting glass (to keep) and a check-off card. You then proceed to whichever you choose of a number of tents under which the wine producers are setup. They have a description of their offerings so you can narrow things down. You walk up and tell them what you want to sample. They check off a box on your card, you drink, then make notes if you want to buy some bottles later. Don't worry, the card has enough boxes on it that if you filled them all you wouldn't be walking and instead puking in the bushes.

If you'd like, when you leave you "walk the gauntlet" and choose bottles or cases of the wines you liked. You pay one lump sum at the end and then a Shriner takes you and your purchases to your car on a golf cart.

It's more than worth the full price even if you can't catch the discount tickets.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #13
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
ATTENTION GROUPON JUNKIES: We finally have the Exact Dates for ticket releases!
Cleveland/Youngstown/Pittsburgh: MONDAY May 9
Cincinnati/Columbus/Erie: THURSDAY May 13
Akron: SATURDAY May 14
Pass it On!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:32 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Today is the day to buy the discount tickets at groupon. I bought our tickets this morning.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:38 AM   #15
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
I bought ours as well! There is 2 days remaining and the deal is on! They have sold enough that for $14 you too can gain entrance into Vintage Wine Ohio instead of paying $27!
Old 05-24-2011, 02:51 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
I have 3 extra tickets at $14 each if someone is interested in purchasing them.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbiscuit View Post
I have 3 extra tickets at $14 each if someone is interested in purchasing them.
Bummer... got a cancellation?

I'm still thrilled about this rally. I've always gone to and from Vintage Ohio and home in the same day. This time we're camping nearby with other Airstreams and we've got kid / dog sitting!

still gotta make that reservation, though...
Old 05-24-2011, 08:04 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Bummer... got a cancellation?

I'm still thrilled about this rally. I've always gone to and from Vintage Ohio and home in the same day. This time we're camping nearby with other Airstreams and we've got kid / dog sitting!

still gotta make that reservation, though...
Some of Mike's family was going to join us for the tasting, but found out that his cousin is leaving Sat so they can't make it. So we have their three tickets.
You best get on that reservation!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:08 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Just reserved site 178. Still plenty of sites remaining nearby.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
After this rally is done, I'm hitting the road for a week for a caravan. If anyone else can get the week off and join me and whoever else joins in, please do so!

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f290...van-78831.html