Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #81
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Hit the wrong key.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8803.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	662.8 KB
ID:	184592   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8804.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	515.6 KB
ID:	184593  

Name:	IMG_8805.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	438.4 KB
ID:	184594   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8806.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	515.6 KB
ID:	184595  

TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #82
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringDan View Post
Hit the wrong key.
Wow... what a toy store! What a job! Like the riser stair steps...

Good to see that the musicians that accompany a drummer, place such an emphasis on their instruments... :
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #83
4 Rivet Member

1976 27' Overlander
Missoula , Montana
Montana Old Time Fiddlers Picnic

I've seen this posted in the VAC and our Montana unit newsletter. It might be an interesting stop for folks vacationing here around that time - literally a mile off I-90. I haven't been but it's on our summer schedule this year:
The 39th annual Old Time Fiddlers Picnic will be held Aug 2-4, 2013 one mile South of Livingston, Montana (I-90) on US 89. Look for the signs. See fiddlerspicnic.blogspot.com/ for more details on the picnic. It is a good deal more than a picnic and welcomes any players of roots music. Lots of jamming around the campground which is on the Old Mercier Ranch. While there are spectators there are a good deal more musicians.

Tin Can Tourists are invited to gather in conjunction with the Picnic. It is dry camping with no electric, but there are porta potties provided, a free breakfast on Sun and a pot luck with meat supplied Sat afternoon. Camping is free but you must be a TCT member (membership available on site) and TCT members are expected to contribute for an event button to the tune of $25 each. We'll camp together on the site. Wonderful to go to sleep under the Montana sky being serenaded by bluegrass, old timey, mountain, Celtic, gospel, cowboy singers and the like.

Since there is a heavy emphasis on musicians we are hoping that many of the TCT members also bring and play their instruments. Dogs are welcome but keep them under control. Too dry this time of year for campfires on this ranch but propane campfires are OK. We plan to have a dash plaque and a few trophies but mainly this is just a great camp out.

US 89 is the Northern Gateway to the Yellowstone National Park and at the head of Paradise Valley which pretty much says it all. If you flyfish, hike, mountain bike or whatever, this is the event for you.

For further information contact Dal Smilie at dalsmilie@aol.com.
TAC
TCT
OilnH2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #84
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
The custom Airstream is known as the "Fender Airstream". It seems that this Airstream gets around a lot and has hosted many performances. Here is the homepage:

Fender Airstream | Fender News & Tech Talk | Fender Guitar

I talked to one of the main people briefly, but did not ask him any questions about the length, age, tour schedule, TV, etc. as I was anxious to get back to the live music at Merlefest.

Dan
Old 05-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #85
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Antioch , SF Bay Area
Thanks for posting those great pics of the Fender Airstream Dan - awesome setup!

https://www.facebook.com/starlettediary
Suzzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #86
Certifiable

. , .
Thumbs up FreshGrass 2013 at MASS MoCA

September 20-22, 2013

Old 10-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #87
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Burnsville , North Carolina
Great Magnoliafest at spirit of the Suwannee !! Dawes, Seth walker, reverend Peyton, beebs, and of course Willie Nelson, sister Bobbi, and the band were fab. Almost forget how wonderful it was to hear Mavis Staples live.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #88
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Sorry about the late post. Floydfest in Floyd, Virginia starts in two more days on July 24, 2014.

I don't know if any other airstreamers will be attending, but I will be camped in the trailer loop, site #13, at Rocky Knob Campground at mile marker 167 on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I expect to arrive about 3:00 pm tomorrow.

Stop by if you like. If I am not there please leave a note if you want to.

Dan
434-401-4060
Old 07-22-2014, 08:01 PM   #89
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
2016 23' International
Fernandina Beach , Florida
Wanted to mention that there is a gem of a festival that is underappreciated that always features some great acts. Its the Annual Gram Parsons Guitar Pull and Tribute Festival located at the Okefenokee Fairgrounds near Waycross, Ga the last weekend in September. Its pretty laid back and plenty of room for RVs right on the festival site. Electric and Water available.

Its mostly attended by Locals and daytrippers, but we will be cruising in with our new RT this year. What is really great is they allow coolers and you can bring your own beer. Pets on leash are welcome too! This years lineup features Ian Dunlop, a former bandmate of Gram's, along with Underhill Rose, a great all girl Americana band, and many others.

Tickets are reasonable at $40 for the weekend, and camping is $30 for all three nights! http://gpgpfest.com/2014-artists/ or check out their FB page: 17th Annual Gram Parsons Guitar Pull and Tribute Festival at https://www.facebook.com/events/445354108900304/ Ticket info here: https://www.ticketriver.com/event/10...l-tribute-fest
Tomzstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #90
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomzstream View Post
Wanted to mention that there is a gem of a festival that is underappreciated that always features some great acts. Its the Annual Gram Parsons Guitar Pull and Tribute Festival located at the Okefenokee Fairgrounds near Waycross, Ga the last weekend in September. Its pretty laid back and plenty of room for RVs right on the festival site. Electric and Water available.

Its mostly attended by Locals and daytrippers, but we will be cruising in with our new RT this year. What is really great is they allow coolers and you can bring your own beer. Pets on leash are welcome too! This years lineup features Ian Dunlop, a former bandmate of Gram's, along with Underhill Rose, a great all girl Americana band, and many others.

Tickets are reasonable at $40 for the weekend, and camping is $30 for all three nights! http://gpgpfest.com/2014-artists/ or check out their FB page: 17th Annual Gram Parsons Guitar Pull and Tribute Festival at https://www.facebook.com/events/445354108900304/ Ticket info here: https://www.ticketriver.com/event/10...l-tribute-fest
That sounds like a great festival! I like the price and I like the low-key aspect. I don't think we can make it this year but I'm putting it on the calendar for the future. Thanks again.
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:42 AM   #91
1 Rivet Member

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Charlottesville , Virginia
I've heard good things about Rooster Walk...smaller, family friendly. It's the same weekend as DelFest, so there's that. Also, Festy is another family friendly, smaller festival with a range of local and national talent.

I'll be joining the ranks of those attending the Suwannee festivals, as we're moving from the bluegrass festival motherland of VA to FL.
APPRVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:23 AM   #92
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Antioch , SF Bay Area
BottleRock Napa 2015

BottleRock Napa is coming up soon -- May 29-31. We took our Airstream to the first one two years ago and had a blast. Only went for one day last year so booked a hotel but we're going again this year for the full 3 days and taking the Airstream.

Skyline RV Park in Napa is very close to the venue - you could easily ride your bike to the event at the Fairgrounds in downtown Napa (they have secure indoor bike parking too) and I believe they will also be on the shuttle bus stop as well. Spaces are very limited at Skyline so reserve early!! VIP tickets will also get you parking very close to the venue!

https://www.facebook.com/starlettediary
Suzzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 01:26 AM   #93
2 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
Buffalo , New York
Great thread!

I am a concert promoter and I bring my Airstream to some of my events to use as an office and in some cases camp in.

Most notable among them are Buffalo, NY's Outer Harbor concert series and Toronto, Ontario's TURF festival. Neither one has onsite camping or trailer space unfortunately (except for my '73 Safari - hahaha...)

TURF is particularly a unique and world class music event.

This year our festival in Toronto's historic Fort York is the third week of September and it's a great excuse to experience some fantastic live music and see what is (in my opinion) the best big city in North America. There's gotta be some nearby places to camp, too. I can investigate that if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
DonnyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:28 PM   #94
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
The 2015 Gram Parsons Guitar Pull and Tribute Festival is scheduled for September 25 and 26 in Waycross, GA. Danielle and I are planning to attend. I've started another thread to keep the discussion separate from this more generic music festival thread.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...ml#post1589194
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
Old 03-04-2015, 08:31 PM   #95
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
2011 23' International
Larkspur , Colorado
Anyone have this festival on their list this summer

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Bigcgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:37 PM   #96
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
2011 23' International
Larkspur , Colorado
Oops fat fingered my last post. It's called the gentleman of the road tour with Mumford and Sons. Tickets go on sale on Friday March 6th at 10am MST. We've already made a campground reservation at Hecla Junction on the Arkansas River Recreation Area location. Should be fun. It is the first year they are doing this music festival in. Salida, CO.

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1425526434.381818.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	233632

http://www.gentlemenoftheroad.com/stopovers/salida

Bigcgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:01 AM   #97
1 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
Grandview Heights , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcgar View Post
Oops fat fingered my last post. It's called the gentleman of the road tour with Mumford and Sons. Tickets go on sale on Friday March 6th at 10am MST. We've already made a campground reservation at Hecla Junction on the Arkansas River Recreation Area location. Should be fun. It is the first year they are doing this music festival in. Salida, CO.

Attachment 233632

Salida - Stopovers

Didn't take our AS but we did go to GOTR last year in Troy, Ohio. It was a wonderful experience. The whole town was part of the festival so you weren't trapped in a field all weekend. You could visit the local restaurants and shops and then head over to the local high school stadium to listen to music. We've been to a lot of festivals and really liked how this one was done!
katierobinso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:15 AM   #98
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
z , North Carolina
Festivals

Well my wife and her brother attended last years Interlocken festival in VA in his SOB, and she insists that we are taking our AS to the event this year. After watching the lineup grow since she bought the tickets in December, I have to say I am excited. NOT interested in fighting the crowds, but I enjoy some great music played outside. With a music major in the family, gotta go. I have my own AS hotel now, so that makes it much easier on me. I can escape to peace if needed.
2015 | Lockn' Music Festival | Arrington, Virginia

I am a huge Little Feat fan. I have seen them on many occasions, and they are first rate. Who doesn't like "Fat Man In The Bathtub", "Dixie Chicken" "Rock And Roll Doctor" "Loved & Lied To" and my alltime favorite "Willin"? My wife attended the show @ Merriwether Post Pavilion the night they recorded Waiting For Columbus. Arguably one of the top ten best live rock-n-roll recordings. Also playing...

Anders Osborne (love him) will be with the N Mississippi Allstars, Gov't Mule, Robert Plant, The Doobie Brothers, Tedeschi Trucks, Trombone Shorty, Widespread Panic, Chuck Leavell, String Cheese Incident & more.

I hope I'm not the odd AS out, and will have the only AS parked for this 4 day
music blowout? We'll be flying the U.S., MD, & NC flags, so please stop in if you go. VA is my home state!
Your first ICRB is on us!
Gavin
FishinHatteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:59 PM   #99
1 Rivet Member

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Charlottesville , Virginia
Just checking for any advice on magnolia fest. Kid friendly camping areas? Arrival time? Is VIP worth the money. Thanks folks.

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1434769082.492658.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	241120
Pic is of delfest in the am.
APPRVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:53 AM   #100
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Anyone Like Bluegrass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by APPRVD View Post
Just checking for any advice on magnolia fest. Kid friendly camping areas? Arrival time? Is VIP worth the money. Thanks folks.
I don't have specific advice since I haven't attended the event. However, the Spirit Of The Suwannee Music Park is owned and operated by the same family, the Cornett's, that started and still operate the Festival of the Bluegrass in Lexington, KY. They are top-notch!

On another subject...

We just attended The Festival of the Bluegrass in Lexington, KY. We attended last year too. Who knows... maybe we'll be there next year too! The festival is in early to mid June every year and it's been going on for over 40 years!

This is a wonderful family friendly event. Take a look at the web site and look at that picture of the stage and the crowd. That's as big as the crowd gets - it's probably a few thousand people at any single time and they are all well behaved and quiet - everyone there to hear the music.

I hadn't heard the name of most of the bands before this event since I don't follow bluegrass closely. Other than Seldom Scene, who have been around for years, I am not familiar with most of the up and coming bluegrass musicians. But what's not to like about old-time bluegrass, newgrass and acid grass? Put some combination of a fiddle, banjo, guitar, upright bass and mandolin together and what comes out is naturally enjoyable.

Festival of the BluegrassJune 9-12, 2016 - Home

Some pictures from the event:

Kentucky Bluebelles, Barefoot Movement and how about a group of Bluegrass fanatics who traveled all the way from Japan!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4716.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	291.3 KB
ID:	241136   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4755.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	241137  

Name:	IMG_4740.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	388.9 KB
ID:	241138