Old 07-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #57
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Taylormade

I saw your band SOJA and they do indeed put on a great show. They are a great band.

The whole weekend was great with non-stop music on about 12 differant stages from 9:00 am to 2:00 am.

Sunday was the very best. It started with the Rogues, a celtic band, that was very entertaining, then Steep Canyon Rangers, Sam Bush, Ricky Skaggs, Bruce Hornsby and finally Allison Kraus. Wow!

Dan

Old 07-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #58
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Tampa , Florida
Outstanding! I'm glad you got to see them. I've seen them a dozen or so times over the past 4 years and each time has been amazing, but also different. I even saw them in back to back nights once in different cities and they changed it up even overnight.

Sounds like you had a great time. The Blackwater Music Festival in the FL panhandle is coming up in the spring and some of the same bands you saw will be playing there. A good time for sure.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #59
1 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Boone , North Carolina
Anyone going to Music on the Mountain Top this year? I am full timing in space 45A.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Tampa , Florida
Nope, but I'll be there for a wedding next weekend. If you haven't checked out JJ Grey, he's great and his voice will fill the area, no matter how big. Great singer and songwriter.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #61
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Rockport , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Jaxon Send a message via Yahoo to Jaxon
Major ones in Texas

Kerrville Wine & Music Festival and Kerrville Folk Festival (2 separate events)
Kerrville Festivals

Austin City Limits - ACL (they’re talking about having it on two weekends vs. the one now).
ACL Music Festival ~ Oct. 12-14, 2012 ~ Zilker Park, Austin, Texas

South By Southwest - SXSW - Music and Film
Welcome to SXSW 2013 | SXSW 2013

SXSW is the granddaddy of all of them. All festivals though, are well represented internationally.
WBCCI 7005 * AIR 9218

The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Hey All

There will be an awesome music festival next weekend in Nellysford, Va. The dates are: Oct 5-7.

Here is a link to the lineup and schedule: schedule – The Festy

This is the home festival for the Infamous Stringdusters. Looks like they have handpicked a great lineup. The location is small, so all the camping is booked up. However I know where we can camp about 9 miles away for $10-$20 per night (Sherando Lake) and where we can get cheap festival tickets ($20/day).

Holler if you are interested. The Stringdusters, Trampled by Turtles, Leftover Salmon and the other great bands should not be missed.

Dan
Old 11-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #63
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Merlefest is April 25-28, 2013. The web site is www.merlefest.org. It is certainly one of the premier music festivals on the east cost. I went to it this year and had a great time. The lineup will not be announced until November 9. I camped at the North Wilkesboro Fire Dept campground this past year and it worked out fine. You are basically camped in a field with no hookups and the fee is $75-$100. They have bath facilities and operate a shuttle. I looked around at alternative camping locations and stumbled upon Bandits Roost public campground on a lake close by. It is on the edge of town and only about 5 miles from the Festival and the opposite direction from the traffic. Camping is only $22/day and includes water and electricity (half that with a senior pass). I went ahead and reserved a site for 4 days for 4/24-4/28.
There are 4 other sites available if you are interested A41, B94, B95 and B96 (as of 6:00 pm today). If you really want to go to Merlefest and would like to camp in a nice cheap campground on the lake, then you should make a reservation ASAP.

I also may have a source for reserved tickets. This is the best way to get the great seats for the festival.

Pm me if you have any questions.

Dan
Old 01-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #64
1 Rivet Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
Santa Monica,CA , Glenwood Springs,Co
One of the big reasons I wanted my first AS was to attend Music Festivals. As an avid live music archivist I had this fantasy to strip everything out of her and turn it into a mobile recording studio. Carpet all the walls red with little black spots to resemble the inside of a watermelon. It would be the perfect place for all the night time jamb sessions when the rain clouds came calling. But then I realized how much work was involved, another dream gets flushed. But I am glad to see there are alot of festavarians out there
Old 01-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #65
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
little rock , Arkansas
I was wondering if anyone was planning on attending Wakarusa music festival this year in Northwest Arkansas ? Wakarusa.com this year it runs from May 29 until June 2. I have been the last two years and the weather can change by hour, (from 100 in the day, down to 50at night...I guess that is just Arkansas for you in the late spring. There is an amazing variety of bands from bluegrass to rap. Anyway, it is a really fun event and definitely worth going to. In 2011 there were a handful of other airstreams. But last year I think there were only 2. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else in the community was planning on attending.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3559306784.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	488.7 KB
ID:	177067  
Old 02-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #66
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Antioch , SF Bay Area
Bottle Rock Napa 2013

There's an awesome new concert event happening in Napa, CA -- Bottle Rock Napa Valley -- anyone else going?

http://www.facebook.com/BottleRockNa...ref=ts&fref=ts

Pre-sale tix are available now -- they are doing a variety of discount codes -- Like them on Facebook to get the updates. The line up is amazing! I got tickets today and even found a legal place to park the Airstream for the event!!

https://www.facebook.com/starlettediary
Suzzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #67
2 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Hobe Sound , Florida
We've enjoyed Seldom Scene, The Gibson Brothers, the Grascals, Dailey & Vincent, Rhonda Vincent, Little Roy & Lizzy and many more at Palatka Bluegrass Festival in Florida this weekend. Great festival Feb and Oct each year. Thurs-Sat music.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #68
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
1960 28' Ambassador
New Smyrna Beach , Florida
Where did you camp?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #69
2 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Hobe Sound , Florida
Rodeheaver Boys Ranch. Water/electric. Great festival.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #70
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
1960 28' Ambassador
New Smyrna Beach , Florida
Thanks, we will watch for it next year as Palatka is not far from home.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote