Old 03-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1981 20' International
Shasta Lake City , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzzeee View Post
Thanks for the update Trex - I was hoping that they would bring this back ... it's near where I grew up and I'm sure I have a ton of friends that will go (there's not all that much going on up there) -- if we can work it in, we may go to this!
Hey Suzz... nice to hear from you.
Did you notice the Airstream on their web site pic? If you plan to stay at the Friendly RV park @ the south Weed exit... remimber, they only take cash for payment. I think The Bunny and I will go...last year we rode our bikes to the festival, fun going there, but that's a long uphill ride back to the RV park...can you say "bus ride" on the return. Hope to meet you and your hubby this coming August.

P.S. Last year there were three events that same weekend... mic-beer festival at the Mt Shasta ski park, Drum Festival at the Mt Shasta City park, and the 4&20 in Weed.

Come and see me at: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f185...-71804-60.html
Trex "Airstream Nomad"
Trex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
Ladson , South Carolina
Anyone ever go to the CMA Fan Fest in Nashville? Or... where to go in Nashville for music?

SC Coastal Unit
TAC-SC5
Safari Streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Antioch , SF Bay Area
Trex -- thanks for all the info - we're going to that music festival in Weed for sure!

Anyone ever go to the High Sierra Musical Festival? High Sierra Music Festival - 22nd Annual - July 5 - 8, 2012 They have tons of camping options and I like a few of the bands playing ...trying to figure out if I'm too old for this one

https://www.facebook.com/starlettediary
Suzzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1981 20' International
Quote:
Trex -- thanks for all the info - we're going to that music festival in Weed for sure!

Anyone ever go to the High Sierra Musical Festival? High Sierra Music Festival - 22nd Annual - July 5 - 8, 2012 They have tons of camping options and I like a few of the bands playing ...trying to figure out if I'm too old for this one
Hey Suzz... it looks interesting, but I think we are going camping at the Redding Elks RV for the week of 4th of July. Ride bikes, Harley's, and swim if its hot. Plus watch the Fireworks at Lake Redding Park. I would like to think of this year's 4th as a "Semi-staycation".

PS-The Last time I was in Quincy, CA...I was on a fire assignment, four years ago.

Trex "Airstream Nomad"
Old 04-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2009 30' SO Classic
Suwanee , Georgia
Music Festivals and Airstreams Townsend, TN

The first weekend in May every year they have Old Timers Day in Townsend, TN which is near Maryville, TN in the Smokies. In back of the Welcome Center is a stage where different groups play on Sat. until about 11 PM and change groups about every 45 minutes or so. Small groups also gather around the grounds and it is really something to see and enjoy. Bluegrass music going on all over the place. This town is also close to Cades Cove which is an interesting piece of history with about a 12 mile driving tour to enjoy the scenery and wildlife.

There are numerous campgrounds in the area. We are going with three other SOB's to Mountaineer Campground from Thursday to Monday. Great place for a fun weekend. May 4-5 2012.

Walter, Barbara & Coco (fur child)

(Think I"ll wear my U of Alabama hat just to keep the Vols stirred up )
Old 04-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
One of the best music festivals on the east coast starts Thursday, April 26. It is Merlefest and it is located in Wilkesboro, NC. Here is the link to the festival:

www.merlefest.org

I am planning on going and will probably camp in the North Wilksboro Rotary & Fire Department Campground. I plan to arrive on Wednesday.

Would love to camp with some other Airstreams.

Dan
Old 04-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #35
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
Van By The River , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringDan View Post
One of the best music festivals on the east coast starts Thursday, April 26. It is Merlefest and it is located in Wilkesboro, NC. Here is the link to the festival:

www.merlefest.org

I am planning on going and will probably camp in the North Wilksboro Rotary & Fire Department Campground. I plan to arrive on Wednesday.

Would love to camp with some other Airstreams.

Dan
I've already put it on the list for next year. Unfortunately, we already have plans for that time (this year). Maybe we'll see you in 2013. Post it on the rally calendar for next year and see what happens.

Lucius
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:04 AM   #36
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Antioch , SF Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trex View Post
Hey Suzz... it looks interesting, but I think we are going camping at the Redding Elks RV for the week of 4th of July. Ride bikes, Harley's, and swim if its hot. Plus watch the Fireworks at Lake Redding Park. I would like to think of this year's 4th as a "Semi-staycation".

PS-The Last time I was in Quincy, CA...I was on a fire assignment, four years ago.
We're totally on for the Weed festival .. I booked that campground you recommneded...they are going to have camping at the festival but the organizer said it was dry camping and the hubby prefers at least water and power Okay...I like them to Hope to see you guys there too!

https://www.facebook.com/starlettediary
Suzzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:19 AM   #37
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by constructor View Post
musicliveshere.com/The Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park on the Suwannee River is the host for Florida ...
3076 95th Drive
Live Oak, FL 32060

This park is great for those in the SE. Several different venues throughout the year are just a beautiful place for us to meet up and show off our aluminum.
We've been to the Blackwater Music Festival and Wanee there and had a terrific time. In fact, I should go ahead and book our tickets for Blackwater this year. It's a great park, a great time and the volunteers are incredibly nice. I can't say enough great things about this place.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #38
Rivet Master

1981 20' International
Quote:
We're totally on for the Weed festival .. I booked that campground you recommneded...they are going to have camping at the festival but the organizer said it was dry camping and the hubby prefers at least water and power Okay...I like them to Hope to see you guys there too!
Hey Suzz...We will seeya there. We are planning to stay at Friendy RV also. But the Bunny said that she will not ride her bike back up that hill again. So, it looks like we will be driving to the event this year...approx. two mile drive from the RV park.

PS, They have updated there web site again, many more bands... Looking forward to meeting you and your husband, Rex

Trex "Airstream Nomad"
Old 05-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #39
3 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
1955 22' Safari
Butte , Montana
I will be at the Montana Folk Festival in Butte , Montana , July 13,14,15. This event was formerly the National Folk Festival. The entire uptown Butte area is closed off for this event. Free camping at the Fairgrounds and McGruff Park.

The Montana Folk Festival | Butte, Montana | July 13-15, 2012 | Free Admission | Music, Dance, Arts, Crafts, Family Activities - HOME
The Montana Folk Festival | Butte, Montana | July 13-15, 2012 | Free Admission | Music, Dance, Arts, Crafts, Family Activities - HOME
Old 05-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #40
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
There is a Bluegrass Festival at the Circle E Ranch in Belvidere, TN on June 28-30. Should be a great show. Check out www.circle3guestranch.com for details.
Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
1960 28' Ambassador
New Smyrna Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by kposey
There is a Bluegrass Festival at the Circle E Ranch in Belvidere, TN on June 28-30. Should be a great show. Check out www.circle3guestranch.com for details.
So many fun things to do, and so little time to squeeze them in. We have an out west trip planned for 2013 so TN penciled in for 2014 .
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:11 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
I just returned from Delfest, a fabulous bluegrass and jamgrass festival in Cumberland, Md. There was 4 days of music non-stop from 10 am to 3 am. There were about 10 airstreams in attendance, so shiny aluminum was well represented. Much thanks to Brewhead for promoting this festival and providing the discount code. I definately plan to return next year.

Next on my music festival radar is Rudyfest (www.rudyfest.com) in western Kentucky the weekend of June 23 and then the Red, White and Blue festival over the long July 4 holiday weekend in Morganton, NC.

Dan