Trex "Airstream Nomad"
Trex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:12 PM   #128
3 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Oxford Mills , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwkersh View Post
We are taking ours to the Earth Rocker Festival in Inwood, WV in May to see Clutch. Should be a good time. We are going to Hershey in August to see Guns N Roses.

Would love to do the guns n roses Hershey trip... is there camping on site or nearby?

Old 03-25-2017, 06:50 PM   #129
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I was lucky enough to be in Red Lodge, MT. when the state fiddling championship was held at the high school auditorium.
It was one of my fondest memories. First, Red Lodge is very cool, the kind of western town where there's horse poop on main st. and nobody cares!
The high school auditorium reminded me of my high school gym. Baskets suspended from pipes in the ceiling, about 8 rows of bleachers, and a small stage on one end for school plays.
The night I went was for the 8-16 yr old class, and they were dressed in their finest jeans and plaid shirts and of course cowboy hats. The girls in petticoats.
My gosh, they could play.
It was a real slice of Americana, and restored my faith in real America. Good folks.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:18 AM   #130
2 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Manassas , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycanucks View Post
Would love to do the guns n roses Hershey trip... is there camping on site or nearby?

Yeah, Hershey has its own campground just down the main road from the park and run a shuttle back and forth. See http://www.hersheyparkcampingresort.com/.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:27 AM   #131
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
I was lucky enough to be in Red Lodge, MT. when the state fiddling championship was held at the high school auditorium.
It was one of my fondest memories. First, Red Lodge is very cool, the kind of western town where there's horse poop on main st. and nobody cares!
The high school auditorium reminded me of my high school gym. Baskets suspended from pipes in the ceiling, about 8 rows of bleachers, and a small stage on one end for school plays.
The night I went was for the 8-16 yr old class, and they were dressed in their finest jeans and plaid shirts and of course cowboy hats. The girls in petticoats.
My gosh, they could play.
It was a real slice of Americana, and restored my faith in real America. Good folks.
Molly's dad

That is just the best experience when you stumble across something like that and can take advantage of it.

My exwife and I were in Edinburgh, Scotland many years ago when we returned from a day of sightseeing to a crowded city. Turns out the Military Tattoo at the Edinburgh Castle was going on that evening. We were able to snag a couple of tickets. What a great experience.

To all.

I have a campsite reserved at Bandits Roost campground to attend Merlefest the last weekend in April. This is one of the best Bluegrass music plus festivals there is. Contact me if you would like this reservation. I can tell you all about how to get tickets,etc. for this festival.

Dan
Old 03-26-2017, 07:50 PM   #132
Rivet Master

2016 25' International
Deerfield , Massachusetts
Putting in a plug for the Green River Festival in Greenfield MA.

http://www.greenriverfestival.com

Here's a list of who they've had in the past:
https://www.greenriverfestival.com/history