Old 09-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #575
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post
Great Joe, glad you found one.. We have not see you all season..You have missed several nice rallies.. Going to Holly this weekend?? Mac City in Oct??
It's been a weird year Airtstream wise. The caravan was actually our "shake down" event (i.e. the first time we camped in it) in the '94 after replacing the flooring and making and installing new curtains and a thousand other little "fixes". And what did we shake out on the caravan? The first day we found the toilet leaked. Skipped the tour to make a trip to an RV dealer to buy toilet parts and repair it. Then one of the windows leaked (repaired temporarily with tape), then the sky light leaked (repaired temporailry with Vulkem), then found yet another leak (not certain yet, but think it was cracked caulk around the new Fantastic Vent). Oh and the Water Heater stopped working for a couple of days when it got into the upper 80's and then started working fine again after that (circuit board?). I guess I've still got some things to address '94 before I can start on the '55. But it's all good! I wouldn't change a thing. These experiences just make us appreciate what those intrepid Cravanners must have went thru on the Cape Town to Cairo and Around the World Caravans.

Oh yeah, and we did attend the WBCCI State of Michigan Rally in early August, but as guests in Lorrie's parents trailer, because they can't tow anymore (I drove), but we wanted to get them to the rally to renew old freindships. Four adults in a 27 footer can be an interesting experience.

As for further events this year? Got a family commitment this coming weekend, so Holly is out. And did Mackinaw Island as part of the Caravan, so in no hurry to head back up there (plus that might be the weekend to go pick up the '55). The Metro-Detroit Installation Rally Oct 24-26 is a remote possibility, but even that weekend we have a potential conflict. To many options, too little time.

Next year will be different - I'm sure of it. Every year is "different".

WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:15 PM   #576
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Pittsford , Michigan
Hi All, I did not realize you all kept this up after the ralley is over. Great pictures. They brought all the memories back. Thanks for a great time. Bill and Elaine

Old 09-18-2008, 06:36 PM   #577
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Glad you could come Bill and Elaine!!! Hope to see you next year
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:11 PM   #578
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Bill and Elaine, can you come to Mackinaw for the rally in October? It was great meeting you at KC's. Come on up, it's going to be fun.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:48 AM   #579
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
Hi All, I did not realize you all kept this up after the ralley is over. Great pictures. They brought all the memories back. Thanks for a great time. Bill and Elaine
Yep we keep it going until we decide to start next year's thread. It's kind of like a game. We try to beat last year's posts. And it really seems to bother 2air that we never close the thread so all the more fun for us!!! So keep checking in and update us on how you are doing every now and again.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:52 AM   #580
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Hey Bill, Renee and I have been drinking Mint Juleps, made with mint from our back yard since the rally. Thanks or showing us how to make them, we are pretty much out of bourbon now, all we have left is the really good stuff that does not get mixed.

We are heading up to Baldwin tonight, Renee is planning on reading her new Steven King book while I play in the woods on my dirt bike all weekend.

C YA - Derek
Old 09-20-2008, 09:22 AM   #581
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Pittsford , Michigan
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale View Post
Glad you could come Bill and Elaine!!! Hope to see you next year
I sure am looking forward to it. I would usually say something like "we will be there with bells on", but I heard about your goggles and tutu and don't want you to hold me to it.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:27 AM   #582
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Pittsford , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Hi Bill and Elaine, can you come to Mackinaw for the rally in October? It was great meeting you at KC's. Come on up, it's going to be fun.

We would really like to, but our son is playing college football this year and we are going to eight of the ten games and maybe, maybe the playoffs!!!!! There is a season for everything and the season of watching the boy play are almost over. We have been taking the Airstream to the games and having a great time.
Life is Good, Bill and Elaine
Old 09-20-2008, 09:34 AM   #583
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Pittsford , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Yep we keep it going until we decide to start next year's thread. It's kind of like a game. We try to beat last year's posts. And it really seems to bother 2air that we never close the thread so all the more fun for us!!! So keep checking in and update us on how you are doing every now and again.
I got you, three in a row, hows that!

[qoute=Derek] Hey Bill, Renee and I have been drinking Mint Juleps, made with mint from our back yard since the rally. Thanks or showing us how to make them, we are pretty much out of bourbon now, all we have left is the really good stuff that does not get mixed.

That is the great thing about Kentucky, someone is always making more!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:41 AM   #584
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Bill,

Sure was great to meet you and your family, I hope we get to see ya soon. I do not think I heard anything about "goggles and a tutu" but I think on you or me that would be more like a fourfour!

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #585
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Pittsford , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag'nwagon View Post
Bill,

Sure was great to meet you and your family, I hope we get to see ya soon. I do not think I heard anything about "goggles and a tutu" but I think on you or me that would be more like a four-four!
Hi Dave,
If I got that wrong I would like to apologize. I don't hear the best anymore, but I thought I heard her say something about her rally outfit that had fighter pilot goggles and a pink tutu?

I think you might be a four-four, I'm more likely a five-five. Possible a six-six.

I've been polishing the trailer. Burnt up two angle grinders. The parts I did look good though. Went tool shopping today. If this doesn't hold up better I might have to take a trip to the big city.
bill
Old 11-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #586
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
I hope all the Metro Detrioters have a great Turkey Day and all the best for the Holiday Season!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #587
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post
I hope all the Metro Detrioters have a great Turkey Day and all the best for the Holiday Season!!!
Thanks Airboss..you too!

It's Chinese food and a movie for Derek and I...whoo hoo!!!!
"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (honorary member)
Felix'64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:48 PM   #588
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Me too! Greetings! We're driving to Illinois and Wisconsin to visit the kids and grandbabies.

(nice new truck avatar Ralph )

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote