Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2008, 12:53 PM   #561
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Hi Carol, Colorado was great. Sun, rain or snow you can not have a bad time in the mountains. We hiked about 4 miles every day, spent a short amount of time in town. Left the condo we rented about 10 am each day returned about 8 pm each night. If it was not for our steady jobs we would pick up and move. Al ready told Laura we would not make it to her Mackinaw Rally. This next weekend (19-21) should be out last outing, if I can get a hold of a campground in Baldwin. I need to remove the bathroom from Felix and replace the flooring , also going to re-plumb every thing.

Take Care - Derek

P.S. that is a large chunk of snow I am on!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05989.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	67428   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05740.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	67429  

Old 09-15-2008, 01:45 PM   #562
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Teaser pictures! Post some more, please. That looks like some rugged hiking you two were doing. Glad it was a great trip, would love to hear more, guess we have time, how many more months until a SPRING rally?! Oh my! I love fall, but darn we seem to have such a short camping season in Michigan.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:20 PM   #563
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
I was thinking of post all 532 digital pictures on Photo Bucket, even took three rolls with the 35mm film camera. Made my own trail to this particular chunk of snow. When the 35mm pictures get back I'll show you my idea of rockdocking.

D
Old 09-15-2008, 03:09 PM   #564
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Dont forget the Rally in Holly this weekend....
Old 09-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #565
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnrtheil View Post
Hey Ralph, thanks for sharing your photos, especially the one with mine and Renee's mouths full of corn.

Derek
Anything for a friend Derek,,, Anything for a friend!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 03:20 PM   #566
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post
Anything for a friend Derek,,, Anything for a friend!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #567
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Old 09-15-2008, 07:42 PM   #568
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
i thought that was one of the best pictures!!!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:50 PM   #569
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Excellent photos

Love the pictures.. thanks for the memories!
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #570
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
Hi Gang!
It's been awhile, but we are still alive and well. We had a heck of a trip to the U.P. with the family. The grandkids loved being able to hike and play in the water. Son-in-laws could not believe all the beautiful falls and scenery.
Need some more info. on the rally in Mackinaw City.
See you all in Holly this weekend.
Renee, we never made to the Air museum yet, but we are working on it. I need to retire again to find some time or go to work fulltime.
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:32 PM   #571
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Just got caught up on the photo's - great job everyone! Looks like Lorrie and I missed a good one, but we needed that weekend to get our trailer ready for the WBCCI Ores, Shores, Waters, & Lights Caravan around Michigan's U.P., that started the following weekend. In fact Lorrie was still making curtains for the '94 Excella on 8/23, the day before we left for the 3 week long caravan. We just got back home this weekend and can report that the caravan was a blast - we made many new friends and it really is different spending time with the same people for almost 3 weeks. It was fun traveling in small groups while talking on the CB. We almost feel like honorary Yoopers after spending that much time up there. Everyone should have the opportunity to try the caravan mode of travel some time (if it appeals to you). I wonder if they'll ever let me have 3 weeks off work again to try another caravan?

But back on subject (sort of) . . . I guess we need to make extra effort to attend next years M-D Rally, . . . maybe even in my new . . . (drum roll please) . . . 1955 Airstream Safari. Yes, you heard it right, I finally found a vintage Airstream! Struck a deal just before going on the caravan, but it is on the east coast and we are still making plans to go pick it up. More on that later - I don't want to say any more until it is in my possession.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:41 PM   #572
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Great Joe, glad you found one.. We have not see you all season..You have missed several nice rallies.. Going to Holly this weekend?? Mac City in Oct??
Old 09-17-2008, 07:28 AM   #573
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Congrats Joe, you finally found one. I can't wait to see it.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:18 AM   #574
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Joe, congratulations on the new vintage Airstream! Hope to see pictures and hear all about your caravan adventure.

photography
Old 09-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #575
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post
Great Joe, glad you found one.. We have not see you all season..You have missed several nice rallies.. Going to Holly this weekend?? Mac City in Oct??
It's been a weird year Airtstream wise. The caravan was actually our "shake down" event (i.e. the first time we camped in it) in the '94 after replacing the flooring and making and installing new curtains and a thousand other little "fixes". And what did we shake out on the caravan? The first day we found the toilet leaked. Skipped the tour to make a trip to an RV dealer to buy toilet parts and repair it. Then one of the windows leaked (repaired temporarily with tape), then the sky light leaked (repaired temporailry with Vulkem), then found yet another leak (not certain yet, but think it was cracked caulk around the new Fantastic Vent). Oh and the Water Heater stopped working for a couple of days when it got into the upper 80's and then started working fine again after that (circuit board?). I guess I've still got some things to address '94 before I can start on the '55. But it's all good! I wouldn't change a thing. These experiences just make us appreciate what those intrepid Cravanners must have went thru on the Cape Town to Cairo and Around the World Caravans.

Oh yeah, and we did attend the WBCCI State of Michigan Rally in early August, but as guests in Lorrie's parents trailer, because they can't tow anymore (I drove), but we wanted to get them to the rally to renew old freindships. Four adults in a 27 footer can be an interesting experience.

As for further events this year? Got a family commitment this coming weekend, so Holly is out. And did Mackinaw Island as part of the Caravan, so in no hurry to head back up there (plus that might be the weekend to go pick up the '55). The Metro-Detroit Installation Rally Oct 24-26 is a remote possibility, but even that weekend we have a potential conflict. To many options, too little time.

Next year will be different - I'm sure of it. Every year is "different".
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:15 PM   #576
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Pittsford , Michigan
Hi All, I did not realize you all kept this up after the ralley is over. Great pictures. They brought all the memories back. Thanks for a great time. Bill and Elaine
Airdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:36 PM   #577
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Glad you could come Bill and Elaine!!! Hope to see you next year
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:11 PM   #578
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Bill and Elaine, can you come to Mackinaw for the rally in October? It was great meeting you at KC's. Come on up, it's going to be fun.

photography
Old 09-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #579
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
Hi All, I did not realize you all kept this up after the ralley is over. Great pictures. They brought all the memories back. Thanks for a great time. Bill and Elaine
Yep we keep it going until we decide to start next year's thread. It's kind of like a game. We try to beat last year's posts. And it really seems to bother 2air that we never close the thread so all the more fun for us!!! So keep checking in and update us on how you are doing every now and again.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:52 AM   #580
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Hey Bill, Renee and I have been drinking Mint Juleps, made with mint from our back yard since the rally. Thanks or showing us how to make them, we are pretty much out of bourbon now, all we have left is the really good stuff that does not get mixed.

We are heading up to Baldwin tonight, Renee is planning on reading her new Steven King book while I play in the woods on my dirt bike all weekend.

C YA - Derek