Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-15-2008, 10:46 AM   #501
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Guess we had Steve's accident. Orie knocked Koa off his feet running and playing in the yard and Koa let out horrible cry for a long time. Koa has a fracture and his leg is wrapped all the way up and wearing one of those cone collars around his head and neck. Vet said he could rally but can't walk or play or get wet for three weeks. If that doesn't mend properly then orthopedic surgery will be necessary. As a puppy his bones have not strengthened sufficiently to withstand a fall or blow like Orie the Mack truck plowing into him.

I don't know if Brad will come to the rally now so I may be solo for this one, and arrival will be delayed. The doctors visit and attending to Koa and possibly arranging to bring him now is taking some time. Poor dear is sleeping, he was not happy when they straightened his leg. It is right at the elbow.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:49 PM   #502
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Pittsford , Michigan
Hi All, We wanted to thank everyone for a great weekend. All the folks there were great and made us feel like long lost friends. We can't think of a better place to spend our last weekend with our daughter before she heads off to college. A special thanks to Dave and Rhonda for all their hard work. Really looking forward to doing it again, Bill and Elaine
Airdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #503
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
What a beautiful weekend for your Rally! I hope you will be posting pictures. I wanted to stop by but my son's varsity football schedule got in the way on Saturday during the open house. Maybe next year we'll have our own AS
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:49 PM   #504
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
still drivin

We left at 0630 this morning and we still have an hour to go at 750pm tonight.....almost there..we had a blast Metro Detroit.Rob
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #505
3 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 22
Carleton , Michigan
Great time- Great food at rally!

Had a great time at the 2008 Metro Detroit Rally! I was only sorry that I had to work Saturday and missed half of it. I enjoyed meeting all the people that were new to the Metro Detroit rally and seeing our old friends. Thank you to everybody that worked so hard to make it a success.

I also need to know the user name of the people that brought the Curtis Write Trailer. I have some photos of another one that I would like to PM them.

See you,
Shawn
Argosy man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:17 PM   #506
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Well Dave and I set a new record for packing up the trailer. It took us 6 hours. Needless to say we are kinda tired!! Thanks to all for coming. Please forgive me for the disorganization. This was the first rally we have hosted so cut us some slack! It was a great time as usual. This Metro Detroit group has the best people!!! 364 days and counting until the next one.

Shawn the screenname you're looking for is sfuqua. You need to share those great photos with us too!!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:29 PM   #507
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Great rally, it was nice to see everyone. I had a great time and I cant wait to see the pictures!!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:39 PM   #508
4 Rivet Member

1996 28' Excella
Okemos , Michigan
Wonderful rally! A special thanks to Rhonda and Dave for the organization and all the special times for the kids. You are officially nominated as the elected hosts for the next 20 Metro-Detroit Rallies.
A special thanks for the tie-dye shirts for the kids and the special gifts for all the kids at the raffle. Sam loves his rocket toy.
AIR#2276
sander17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:01 PM   #509
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
Rhonda and Dave:

Thanks so much for doing all the heavy lifting. Losta work - and a terrific result. All the rest of us had a terrific time - just hope you folks had enough free time to enjoy yourselves!

Good weather, good food, good times, good people. What more could one want? (Oh, and I guess, good drinks. Sorry I had to miss the open house / drink fest ... trundled all that Champagne and Scotch back home. Maybe next time!)

Ryanh
AirsDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:17 AM   #510
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Whipped!

We got into the campground here in Virginia at 9pm on the dot... we were all beat after a day of many stops along the way. We want to thank the Metro Detroit Streamers for a great time and making us feel welcome. We love the t-shirts Rhonda - and the boys wore them all day yesterday as well. Now, make sure all you Detroiters put the WDCU Cherry Blossum on your calendars!

Oh yeah - Zoe' found my Leatherman on the field between the camper and the kitchen at 6am going over for coffee and bananas... thanks for helping me look for it.
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:40 AM   #511
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I was wondering if you ever found that! Good Job Zoe!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:24 AM   #512
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
A great big Thanks!!!

A heartfelt thanks to Dave and Rhonda for rescuing the rally....not only did they rescue, but they improved!! Rhonda, I don't believe you for a minute when you say you have no more tricks up your sleeve! Really, the two of you outdid yourselves. Derek and I were still talking about the great time we had this morning.

It was great to see everyone again, meet new friends and have new adventures to look forward to! Glad to hear that Rob and Zoe made it home okay!

Anyone interested in a Wines of West Michigan Rally next summer?
"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (honorary member)
Felix'64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:15 AM   #513
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Just wanted to drop a note saying it was great seeing everyone again! The fellowship, food, drink, and fun were great!

I like to really thank Rhonda and Dave! You did a great job, I know you put in a lot of hard work. It showed with the kids stuff and the food! WOW! I guess I'm kinda new at this rally stuff, but that food spread for dinner and breakfast was tremendous!

I'm looking forward to next year already!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:30 AM   #514
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Thanks, we'll be back next year

Thanks Rhonda and Dave for all your hard work/$/time on the kids activities, raffle gifts, and organizing everything!! We had a great time and look forward to next year, I think the vote was unanimous, you are elected to run next year's rally
Old 08-18-2008, 08:30 AM   #515
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
I too want to thank Rhonda and Dave for such a GREAT rally!!!!Was really nice meeting the new friends and seeing the old ones again. I know everyone had a wonderful time. The two of you out-did-yourselves on this one..Glad Rob & Zoe made it back safe and sound! So far seems everyone has. Maybe soon we will hear from Steve as they make their way acrossed our great state of MICHIGAN. Was nice seeing them again and so nice of them to drive from St. Louis to meet us.. Thanks once again R & D for a really good rally!!! I will put some photos up soon,, Ralph
Old 08-18-2008, 03:29 PM   #516
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
I was really looking forward to this rally and I am glad to say I was not disappointed. I had a great time, open house was fun, (thanks for all of the nice comments we received on Felix, we enjoy showing him off, maybe next year we'll have some outside work finished) progressive cocktail party was a big hit, potluck was fantastic, hope to have corn again next year. Raffle had a bunch of cool items, Sundays breakfast was unexpected and the weather could not have been better. Enjoyed meeting new people, putting faces to voices and screen names and seeing people from last year. Glad some people drove great distances to attend, Virginia, Missouri, Ohio, U.P. of Michigan. Can not thank Dave & Rhonda enough for saving this rally, you guys did a great job and thanks for bringing Ike great to see him in person, our next A/S will be a 13 panel. And thanks to Ralph for the 1964 Michigan trailer license plate, that was so very unexpected.

Derek

P.S I'll post photos later, we still need to unpack.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:01 PM   #517
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
WOW!!!

What an awesome weekend!! I had been somewhat anxious for a few weeks prior not knowing how everything would go, but I am so glad that all of you came and made this rally!

I am still very impressed that Rob and Zoe came all the way to hang out with us, thank you for the raffle donation and your friendship.

Renee and Derek, thank you very much for the IKE license plate frame, that was unexpected, and for the raffle donations.

Laura thank you for doing the work on the Strike Team Shirts, they are very cool and for the raffle contribution.

A special thanks to Ralph for the raffle donations and the corn. Maybe we can all talk him into bringing corn next year?

Roger and Marylou it was great to meet you guys and spend a couple days with you, also thanks for the chair donation.

Carol and Brad, I hope that the wounded in your family recover well, and I appreciate your cookie contribution to the raffle.

Tom and Steve, you guys stepped up to help when needed the most without complaint, you guys are great!

Shawn (sorry if I spelled wrong) Thank you for sharing the carpet samples with all of us, I saw alot of them being carried off.

I would also like to thank Soldier/Combat Medic (Steve and Amy) for taking the time out of their vacation and driving all the way up here from St. Louis, MO. to join us and bring in "The Trailer" for all of to see in person.

While Milan Michigan is most likely not a destination for a lot of people, I hope that it will be in the future as the cooperation and the treatment we got from KC Campground (Mark - owner) was great, the pavillion and kitchen worked out well.

I am genuinely happy that we had as many kids as we did and I even a few ask their parents to call in sick so they could stay longer....priceless!

I had a great time with everyone that came out and maybe in a week or two, I can convince Rhonda that we should do it again next year.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:13 PM   #518
4 Rivet Member

Thank You Dave and Rhonda , what a wonderful rally. You couldn't have ordered better weather. Everyone was great from the friends We have met before at the We Can Tow It rally and the New friend made this trip. The flag bracket We got from Rob was mounted within an hour from returning home in anticipation of flying flags at the West Branch rally next weekend.The Trash Can Turkey was delicious,and all the other potluck was great as well. Finally as requested here is a picture of bell and Charlie in their blue jean outfits.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Charlie and Belle wedding 037.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	65868  
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch.
Pulled by a 2019 F350 Superduty Limited.
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:01 PM   #519
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hello Everyone,

We made it to Charles Mears State Park at around 1530 yesterday and visited the beach after setting up. Collin had never been to the beach before, and it was a blast to see how much fun he was having (Even if the water was 60 degrees).

We had a great time at the rally, and what helped the most was having a large number of kids there. Sure, Collin had his "Moments", but having the other kids and activities proved the be extra helpful. It was good to meet so many people that I have spoken to online, and good to see Ralph again in person.

I am hoping that we may be able to draw some of you down to Missouri for a rally in the not too distant future, but we know it is a drive for ya'll to make.

Thanks to Dave n Rhonda for setting it up, and rescuing it (Why did it need rescuing?). Kudos to everyone who showed up, especially Rob and Zoe since they drove all the way from Virginia (I had you by 21 miles Rob ).

Great food at the potluck, and I need some huge grinder wheels so I can make that turkey now.

Thanks again for making us welcome.

Steve

Oh...here are a few pics...I've taken about 500 pictures since the rally started, and am too lazy to go through them right now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	detmet1.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	65880   Click image for larger version

Name:	detmet2.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	65881  

Name:	tie dye1.JPG