Old 05-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #225
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets
We live west of Ann Arbor in Dexter. I look forward to chatting with all of you too!
If your looking for something to do this weekend and get the low down on vintage units, head over to Camp Dearborn in Milford where the Tin Can tourist rally is going on now till Sunday. My family anad I are there with our '74 31' AS. Actually I had to run home tonight and will be back there tomorrow afternoon, my son has to race his Pinewood car (Cub Scouts) tomorrow morning in Monroe at Disctricts. The TCT rally this weekend is really something that no-one should miss. Just tell them at the gate your with "Tin Can" and they will let you drive on through. The campground is not open yet, but they give TCT the run of the place twice a year. I am at site 76.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #226
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag'nwagon
If your looking for something to do this weekend and get the low down on vintage units, head over to Camp Dearborn in Milford where the Tin Can tourist rally is going on now till Sunday. My family anad I are there with our '74 31' AS. Actually I had to run home tonight and will be back there tomorrow afternoon, my son has to race his Pinewood car (Cub Scouts) tomorrow morning in Monroe at Disctricts. The TCT rally this weekend is really something that no-one should miss. Just tell them at the gate your with "Tin Can" and they will let you drive on through. The campground is not open yet, but they give TCT the run of the place twice a year. I am at site 76.
FUN! We went last year and I had the flyer from Camp Dearborn printed out already. DH and I are planning to go after lunch tomorrow. Small world! We'll stop by and say hello. We are a few years out of scouting but remember many a Pinewood Derby. Good luck to your son.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:56 PM   #227
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
TKS
HUMMMM VERY INTERSTING! I lived and worked in Dexter a long-time ago.
Small world. I will look forward to meeting U and DH in August at Milan. Good Lord Willing
Roger
Old 05-28-2008, 08:35 AM   #228
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Im Curious why this discussion has ended HEy Gang let's talkin it up now!
Dont let this thing die
Old 05-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #229
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
I was thinking the same thing on my drive into work this morning. Maybe everybody is too busy to chime in. Renee and I took Felix camping this past weekend. Decided Tuesday evening to find a place, took five phone calls and three web reservation look-up's to find a spot open. Did not go too far from home just 40 minutes away. It was nice to do nothing for two whole days, after working hard at home cleaning up from taking down 11 large trees, no to mention my daily job. We sat around in the sun, drank half a bottle of Makers Mark, cooked most of our food on an open fire. Stove in Felix has a new gas line, so we are finally able to use it. I made a crumble cake Saturday morning, while Renee used the stove top for her eggs and morel mushrooms for supper one night. Not sure if I'll need to install the furnace after using the oven. It warmed the inside right up. Did find out our black tank valve is not closing all of the way, That will get replaced with a new unit later this year when I redo the floor in the rear, also have leaking hot water faucet on the kitchen sink. Should just have to replace the seals/washers like I did in the shower faucet last year. My big problem is I made the mistake of hooking our ceiling vent fan up to 110 volts and smoked it. It's been real noisy since we bought Felix, so I took off the fan blades, cuz I am sure they are out of balance. I wanted to see how the motor ran without the blades, not sure why I stick the wires into a 110 volt outlet except for I thought it would run o.k. for a short time. I now reminded myself the Univolt takes 110 volts a/c and converts it down to 19 volts a/c not d/c. I am now looking for a replacement motor, hope to find somebody that replaced their old working vent fan with a newer modern vent fan and want to get rid their old one real cheap, similar to the $20.00 working furnace I bought a couple of weeks ago. Lunch half hour is well over, Later.

Derek
Old 05-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #230
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Bet it ran like crazy for a few seconds Derek..LOL..
Old 05-28-2008, 06:43 PM   #231
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Keeping it alive

Derek
I had to hunt for this thread, it had disappeared from the list. Maybe if we dont post for a while it gets like.Put on the low interest list or something.
MaryLou had to work over the Holiday.it didn't seem like the holiday too me cause it was almost a week early ,according to my mental body clock.
We are waiting patiently for axles to be built at JC. Best guess is for July 1 delivery date. So we driveway camped. No reservations need.Water/Elect/Cable/and the last hookup was with our new 42gallon pull behind the truck BLUE TOTE. It actually was not as much fun as having our new friends around. So we look forward to KC in August.
We also have some news of a different kind. In two weeks from today , We will be able to loadup/hookup and go at will. MaryLou is Retireing. WHAHOO. We hope to be able to travel a little ,looks like very little with these fuel prices.
Later
Roger
Old 05-28-2008, 06:48 PM   #232
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Congratulations Mary Lou!!! Now that is what I call perfect timing. Wish you two many wonderful travels Roger.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:24 PM   #233
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
I too have wondering about our thread and where everyone has gone. I suppose everyone is out camping. I am in Minneapolis right now and we have been very busy for the past few weeks, but have managed to keep an eye on the Pistons!!!

Derek, I see the old fans on e-bay all the time for pretty cheap, I'll bet it got hot in a hurry!

Has anybody called KC yet to make their reservations?

Old 05-28-2008, 08:57 PM   #234
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Quote:
I too have wondering about our thread and where everyone has gone. I suppose everyone is out camping. I am in Minneapolis right now and we have been very busy for the past few weeks, but have managed to keep an eye on the Pistons!!!

Derek, I see the old fans on e-bay all the time for pretty cheap, I'll bet it got hot in a hurry!

Has anybody called KC yet to make their reservations?
Pistons??? It's all about the Red Wings Baby! Go Wings!! Poor hubby is forced to jump back and forth because they are both on. Wings win on my tv!
Old 05-28-2008, 09:02 PM   #235
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Pistons??? It's all about the Red Wings Baby! Go Wings!! Poor hubby is forced to jump back and forth because they are both on. Wings win on my tv!
well right now they are both losing. They better get it togther!

Old 05-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #236
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Quote:
well right now they are both losing. They better get it togther!
Let's hope the Pistons have a better night than the Wings! At least it was a great game and not a shut out for the Penguins.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:40 PM   #237
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Let's hope the Pistons have a better night than the Wings! At least it was a great game and not a shut out for the Penguins.
well it does not get much closer than that for both teams tonight. At least the Tigers were winning.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #238
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
Bet it ran like crazy for a few seconds Derek..LOL..
It was like adding Nitrous to your HEMI.

Quote:
Didn't have time to get hot, started to smoke and die first. I have checked E-Bay, but not real close. Have a temporary fan in place for now, 12 volt only and we also have not made reservations at KC yet.

Roger, do not let the fuel prices stop you from getting out, just drive a bit slower. Congratulations to on your up coming retirement Mary Lou. Why such a long wait for new axles? I had a rush put on my Dexter's and went to Elkhart, IN to pick them up, took four days once the order was placed!

This weekend I'll spend Saturday at the Air Zoo watching a Sport Kite exhibition, along with yard work and working on Felix. Renee is Walking from 12am Sunday till 6am for Relay For Life being held at the Air Zoo. Wednesday afternoon (June 4th) I am leaving with Felix for Elkhart Lake, WI. We almost never sit and relax.

Later - D