Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2008, 12:09 PM   #321
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Love that plug for your rally Steve!!!!

Oh no Uncle Buck you have to bring Blue Noodles, what are we going to do for the movie night??

We are almost home from international. We just crossed the Mackinac Bridge and just a few more hours in the car.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #322
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Since we won't hit the road until around 5:30 or 6:00 Friday evening, we won't make it to the grounds at a reasonable hour. I will start looking for a courtesy parking spot that is within 5 hours from the rally. This way we don't get there too late for the people putting us up, and we can get up at a reasonable time to make it to the rally the next day.

With hope we will find someone willing, with 30 Amp service

Steve
Old 07-09-2008, 08:18 PM   #323
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Where are you looking to stop for the night? I am sure if you start a thread you will find someone in the area. I am guessing 5 hours out will put you in Indiana somewhere. I'm glad you are still planning on coming!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:24 PM   #324
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I sent a PM to someone in IN that I know and asked if they knew of any place I could stop for overnight.

We shall see what happens.

When is check in again?

Steve
Old 07-10-2008, 02:30 PM   #325
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Be great to see you and the family again Steve! Hope you make it...Now I have to get my rear in gear and make my reservations for the rally. Great to be back from International. We had a nice trip. All the people at the rally and the people in Bozeman were very nice to us. Yellowstone was so cool but I think Glacier was tops on my list. Going to the sun road was out of this world...For all you that have never been there... Put it high on your to-do list! Speaking of to-do lists....Still have some sites for my X-Mas in July Rally.. Its July 18-20... Prizes for best 3 decorated sites and potluck dinner on Sat eve.. Deep Fried Turkey!!!! PM me if you need info....
Old 07-10-2008, 03:28 PM   #326
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
Well, I got my reservation this afternoon. They "assigned" me to site 24, but it's not clear how hard and fast those "assignments" are.

I'm looking forward to re-meeting some of you, and to meeting others for the first time.

There's only one REAL question to be answered, however: is Airedale gonna' bring the famous Margarator (or did she burn it out in Bozeman)???? Of course, that leads to other questions, such as: will there be enough ice? Wlll there be enough um, ah, er, eh, "Cuervo Content"? Stay tuned for the answers to these and other exciting questions!

See y'all there!
AirsDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:57 PM   #327
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I wont know for a little bit if I can go or not, but Ill try!

Old 07-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #328
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
What's the usual time table for this rally? Do you have a happy hour(s), pot luck, etc?

I made reservations in Pentwater, MI at Charles Mears State Park. We used to visit there yearly when I was in grade school and junior high, but I haven't been in over 14 years. Our time there runs the 17th through the 19th. The 20th is a travel day, and the 21st-24th is our rally in MO.

Will try to get my butt in gear to see if I can make this rally. I was told that I can make it to the terraport and stay for free in OH, but I am looking at Indianapolis around 10 PM. Jackson Center may be a long haul for Friday night.

Steve
Old 07-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #329
Sky
Classic 30

Sum Wear , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post

I was told that I can make it to the terraport and stay for free in OH, but I am looking at Indianapolis around 10 PM. Jackson Center may be a long haul for Friday night.

Steve
Actually, I think they want $10 if you are not having service done, but nobody is really watching. Wish I could make the rally, but I'm booked that weekend. Enjoy

2500HD DMax............30' Classic
Old 07-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #330
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Is the port in JC open 24/7? I would love to stop there around 1 AM, and plug in for some air conditioning. Wish we were coming on a day that tours or factory store were open.

Anyone care to chime in on this?

Steve
Old 07-10-2008, 05:50 PM   #331
Sky
Classic 30

Sum Wear , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Is the port in JC open 24/7? I would love to stop there around 1 AM, and plug in for some air conditioning. Wish we were coming on a day that tours or factory store were open.

Anyone care to chime in on this?

Steve
Its open 24/7. Sewer, electric, and water. Can't beat it for $10. There is no gate or attendant, just pull in and find a spot. It is on the north side of the service building.

2500HD DMax............30' Classic
Old 07-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #332
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirsDream View Post
Well, I got my reservation this afternoon. They "assigned" me to site 24, but it's not clear how hard and fast those "assignments" are.

I'm looking forward to re-meeting some of you, and to meeting others for the first time.

There's only one REAL question to be answered, however: is Airedale gonna' bring the famous Margarator (or did she burn it out in Bozeman)???? Of course, that leads to other questions, such as: will there be enough ice? Wlll there be enough um, ah, er, eh, "Cuervo Content"? Stay tuned for the answers to these and other exciting questions!

See y'all there!
Well I'm glad you can make it. We are anxious to meet you since you just live down the road from us!! I'm not sure how the assignments work. Dave started out with just the block reserved but since some people are coming early they have started assigning spots. We were just going to let everyone pick their spots from the block as they arrived. We had the entire section reserved but it looks like they will condense us on that side and release the rest of the sites. They were holding them for us until the 15th.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #333
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
I thought I would just repost our schedule of events so everyone doesn't have to dig through the thread to find it. Friday is beanies and weinies night. Saturday is open house/progressive cocktail party and potluck. I'll bring a few packs of buns and hot dogs also some ketchup and mustard. I'm no good at making beans since I don't eat them. I will leave that to someone with more expertise. Saturday potluck we'll do up some kebobs. Renee please explain the progressive cocktail party because I've never been in one!

So here starts the list

Rhonda Friday- buns,dogs and condiments
Satuday- Kebobs
Old 07-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #334
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Don't know what we will be doing. Depends on when we get there, and how much time we have. We are only going to be there the 16th.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:56 PM   #335
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
No problem Steve. You are not the only one coming for the day. Ctair will only be joining us for one day also. I am glad you think it's worth it too show up for just one day!! I hope we live up to the expectations!
Old 07-15-2008, 07:51 PM   #336
Married to Soldiermedic

San Antonio , Texas
what time can we sign in on the 16th?
CombatMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:10 PM   #337
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I thought I would just repost our schedule of events so everyone doesn't have to dig through the thread to find it. Friday is beanies and weinies night. Saturday is open house/progressive cocktail party and potluck. I'll bring a few packs of buns and hot dogs also some ketchup and mustard. I'm no good at making beans since I don't eat them. I will leave that to someone with more expertise. Saturday potluck we'll do up some kebobs. Renee please explain the progressive cocktail party because I've never been in one!

So here starts the list

Rhonda Friday- buns,dogs and condiments
Satuday- Kebobs
Sounds great so far!! Derek and I most likely get there until late on Friday.....so we'll fend for ourselves for din din. Ralpie just make sure there lots of "Recipe" for us!

Derek and I will bring a couple of 10lb turkeys for Saturday. We'll do them in the garbage can - delish!

I've not done a progressive cocktail party either....but it was explain as thus: instead of the standard open house you'll move to each trailer as a group. At each trailer the "host" offers up the cocktail of their choice. It can be alcoholic, non-alcoholic, non-alcoholic with the option of adding alcohol, it could be milk, juice, punch, etc. If you're the last trailer in line, perhaps a pot of good, strong, black coffee would be appropriate. The idea is to make sure that everyone has a chance to visit all the trailers, without feeling the need to stick around theirs for the duration of the open house. I hope it makes sense......I see it working in my mind, I'm just afraid that it's not translating very well.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:15 PM   #338
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Hope to see you guys there!

Old 07-16-2008, 09:17 AM   #339
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatMedic View Post
what time can we sign in on the 16th?
Check in time is noon.