Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #281
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Well there may be a couple 23 foot Safaris there...If my daughter and son in law bring theirs that will make one. Last year there was at least 3 there maybe more...
Old 06-11-2008, 06:02 PM   #282
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Derek
Sorry I have been so long,time of yr ya know,BUSY. To answer your question, I will be putting the shocks on the new axles they were new when I bought the trailer.I guess the PO was trying to solve the rough ride problem wiff new shocks and tires,or was trying to cover the fact that it needed axles. With new shocks and tires as a distraction(selling point) from the fact that the axles were bad. I saw they were close when I inspected it,his diversion didn't work. I underestimated the amount of life that was left in them .I figured I would get 1 season.WRONG!
Hope to see You in August.
Roger
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:20 PM   #283
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfred View Post
We are going to hit the campaign trail pretty quick. Running for Twp. trustee in White Lake. Sorry, I will not accept the nomination for president.
Buck, my great aunt lives in the White Lake area......you can probably buy her vote!
"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (honorary member)
Felix'64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:12 PM   #284
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I saw UNCLE BUCK and Grace today!!!!! It was so nice seeing them!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:11 PM   #285
3 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 22
Carleton , Michigan
Hi everybody,

I just signed up for the Rally- and will call KC campground ASAP. No worries about gas on this one, as it is only 15 miles from my house!

No roasting in our Argosy this year- I added air conditioning!

Look forward to seeing everybody, and hopefully even those who say they can't make it......

Shawn & Diane, Lindsey& Stephanie
Argosy man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:59 PM   #286
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
That's great Shawn, we looking forward to seeing you!

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:35 PM   #287
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Dave
Do we have to reserve ahead of time or are you requesting a group of sites together at KC? Just don't want to wait till the last minute. We might come up early and do a side trip and also visit family in the area.
Roger
Old 06-18-2008, 03:31 PM   #288
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Just called and made reservations at KC, they are not giving out site numbers. Lady on the phone was not sure where we all going to be, mentioned circling us up, but she was hard to hear. Felix is getting a new black tank valve this weekend, old one of 44 years will not close all of the way and I do not want to try and put another rebuild kit in it. Should be fun, going from an old Thetford to a new Valterra, going to make an adapter out of black 1/2" thick HDPE plastic. Got the idea from listening to the VAP pod casts, was going to use aluminum for the spacer but thought this plastic might work just as well and cost less.

Later _ Derek
Old 06-18-2008, 05:39 PM   #289
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Derek
Sounds like U have a project ahead. Not gonna be alot of fun I'd bet. I have yet to tackle our shower problem. I'm not just sure where the problem is because it was unhook and blocked off when we bought it. Thats one other thing the PO forgot to tell me Derek. I asked if he had ever used it HIS reply was "I'm 6'5" I don't fit". O WELL!
I may also call KC and reserve and see what we get.
U can tell me all about the valve change in August and I will tell ya bout my axle change. LOL
Later Derek
Roger
Old 06-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #290
4 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Just a quick note before my lunch time is over. The adapter I made for the valve switch worked like a charm. Black tank has a new valve without any leaks. We'll give it a real world test this coming weekend, Renee and I are taking our nephews (6 and 5) and niece (13) camping near South Haven, MI.

Later - D
Old 06-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #291
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Pittsford , Michigan
Hi Y'all, We made reservations at the KC today. We sure look forward to meeting you all.
Bill and Elaine
Airdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:40 PM   #292
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Hello Everyone,
Airboss and I are in Sturgis, SD, and will be here for the next 2 nights. We are going to Mt. Rushmore tommarrow, and on Wenesday, I think we are going to head to Bozeman, watch the Blog in my Signature for update!

Old 06-23-2008, 06:28 PM   #293
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
Dave
Do we have to reserve ahead of time or are you requesting a group of sites together at KC? Just don't want to wait till the last minute. We might come up early and do a side trip and also visit family in the area.
Roger
You need to make reservations with KC ahead of time although we have arranged a block of sites to be held for us. Just tell them you are with the Airstream Rally.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:33 PM   #294
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
We just made it home from the East Coast VAC rally. What a ride!! We also squeezed in two side trips. One to my other obsession, the Homer Laughlin Factory were they make Fiestaware(dishes) and through Jackson Center to the Airstream factory! I think I will need another vacation to recover from this one!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:27 AM   #295
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale View Post
Hello Everyone,
Airboss and I are in Sturgis, SD, and will be here for the next 2 nights. We are going to Mt. Rushmore tommarrow, and on Wenesday, I think we are going to head to Bozeman, watch the Blog in my Signature for update!
Hey Laura, been watching your blog. Iowa 80 truck stop is cool. Glad you are having a good time. Can't wait to see your Mt Rushmore pictures. Bummer about the fridge. Gotta keep the recipe cold, don't cha know!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:11 AM   #296
4 Rivet Member

1996 28' Excella
Okemos , Michigan
Hi Laura,
We had the same problem with the refrigerator door. Be sure to replace the latch too. What happens is the plastic part of the latch wears over time and it opens one day when your are going uphill, and the door slams open, breaking the hinge. Like you have found out, the hinge is part of the door frame, requiring replacement of the whole door. Bummer!
AIR#2276
sander17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:30 PM   #297
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Hi All
MaryLou and I just return from 4 days at Buck Creek State Park /just north of Springfield ,Ohio . Its a really nice SP like Grand Lake ST.Marys. We meet some special friends there and had a nice time.
Ronda
Thanks for the info. I will call KC yet this week and make a reservation.
Laura
Watch those I 80 truckstops ,Lots of young available truckdrivers out there or thats what they will tell ya. One of them might git ya,LOL. Laura we had the same thing happen with the fridge on the way to Buck Creek,I guess maybe I didn't make sure the door was secure and it popped open in transit.NO harm done ,It was only for a few minutes and nothing was lost. only a couple of items on the floor.
Derek
Glad your project came out Great.
Carol
U be careful out there!
Hi to Stepn /Dave and Sam
Later
Roger
Old 06-24-2008, 09:49 PM   #298
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Howdy!

Hey all, hope everyone has been well!

Rhonda, the trip to the East Coast rally sounds great. Hope you've recovered by now!

Laura, checked out the blog - Uber cool! Say hello to Glacier National Park for me. Derek and I took a two week vacation out there two years ago....left our hearts behind. You'll love, love, love it! Get off the pavement and hit the hiking trails for us, will ya?

Question for all: anyone a member of TCT and planning to do the Red Barns Spectacular at Gilmore Car Museum the weekend of August 2nd? It will be the second year they've been there, last year there were about 25 units. Gilmore is right down the road from Derek and I (I've eaten my fair share of frozen custard and pie in their diner! ) and we're thinking about trying it out. Love to see anyone else who can make it.

Travel in peace.

Renee
"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (honorary member)
Felix'64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:05 PM   #299
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Hey all, thanks for the comments about the blog, its a work in progress, im posting a new post right now. Lots of pictures, so it takes time! Hope you all enjoy! We are heading to Bozeman in the morning! Keep watching for more updates to the blog!

Old 06-26-2008, 10:30 AM   #300
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
In case anyone was curious the sites we have reserved are #'s 1-27. I thought we had the sites by the playground but I suppose they wanted to keep us in a circle. Well anyhow the sites are held until July 15th then they will release them. We figured everyone could pick a spot when they got there. I am not sure how they will condense us if we don't fill up the spaces. I will find out when we get to the 15th. My question is where is everybody? It will be very sad if half the gang is missing!