Old 05-10-2008, 10:38 PM   #183
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Your avatar is so pretty Renee. That is a LOT of wood, hope it wasn't all because of storm or bug damage. With that much firewood it could be a "Some Like it Hot" theme, or how about back to the beach, or some kind of theme whatever. "Strike One", for the Strike team? Put your thinking hats on. My only serious idea is that you all come up with an idea.

Rally needs a name...? And who is guest hosting? Laura just had one, Ralph has one in July, Lou is taking a break, variety is a good thing, yes?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:40 AM   #184
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Well since you're asking maybe you should be the hostess with the mostess!!

Old 05-11-2008, 03:01 PM   #185
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Well thank you, but I was thinking you and or Renee would be great hostesses. My ideas are getting pretty stale and I may not be able to attend because my son and daughter-in-law are due with their first baby in August, so one never knows just how that will go time wise. They live in Illinois so Brad and I will be traveling to see the new baby and have a visit. But I thank you kindly for the nice comment.

It is short notice to step up and take over the new regime but I think someone will have too, lest contentions develop!

photography
Old 05-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #186
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
I personally don't think we need a host or hostess. All we need to do is decide when and where and invite everyone to show up. As long as there are good spirits and a large campfire then I think the rest will take care of itself. I remember the first year we came. Everyone was so welcoming. I was blown away because we had just bought the trailer and joined the rally at the last minute. And even though we didn't know a single person at that rally no one ever treated us like strangers. If there needs to be a theme I would like it to be....everyone getting together and having a good time theme! So come on Metro Detroit, let's go camping!
Old 05-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #187
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Yes!!

I second that motion!!! Let's get it going!! Where are the rest of the gang? Who is still missing in action here?
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:53 PM   #188
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Rhonda
Things have not changed. We drove into the "Womens We Can Tow IT Rally" First time out and the welcome was great. Lou and Larry were first at my door with the initial Welcome and "We have this spot over here for U" ,followed by Carol and I can't remember whom else. We were warmly welcomed by everyone like we were old friends they hadn't seen for a long time. We were NOT disappointed at all,any apprehensions we had soon disappeared and it was like we had know them all our lives.What a great group . We look forward to meeting them all again and hope we meet alot more.Let's go campin gang!
Roger
Old 05-11-2008, 04:58 PM   #189
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
I want to appoligize to the group it has been brought to my attention that It appeared that I tried to Vote for 2 campgrounds. I did that without realizing that I did it.Call it a SENIOR MOMENT. After considering the locations of both and the locations of those who will be coming I have to VOTE FOR (drumroll now please/ TY)
KC I feel is best choise for those of us comming from the South.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:56 PM   #190
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Lou is taking a break,
No. Lou is done. Fini.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:13 AM   #191
3 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Marquette , Michigan
Hi all,

Thought I would chime in with a vote for the campground. We are coming from the UP so it's a long haul either way. After 7 hours in the car with the kids is usually when he hit maximum whine load. So needless to say we would prefer the closest of the two campgrounds which is Walnut Hills. Not to mention there IS a Ben Franklin there!
Old 05-12-2008, 06:15 AM   #192
2 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
Vintage Kin Owner
detroit , Michigan
Hey yaul, remember us. Hope everyone is healthy and happy? I wore my 1st camp out tee shirt this weekend and thought of the good times had at that event and the 2nd camp out. Been working way to hard on the airstream this last weeek polishing. Kirk is wishing that it was an Avon right now, his poor hands and wrists are killing him(motrin around the clock).
But it does shine up very nicely. Going to TCT this weekend anyone else going to attend, or visit? It you do say hi to use we will be by the lake section. Take it easy everyone, travel safe. Kirk and Beth
Old 05-12-2008, 08:52 AM   #193
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Wow.

This thread is getting a little uncomfortable.

WARNING: Peronally Plug Following!

Anybody gonna Signup for the Cedar Point Rally? I was there Saturday, and had a blast! Our block is being held until the 19th!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #194
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hey Dan, love your Cedarpoint rally graphic. I bet you will have a blast at the rally. Thanks for the invite.

So good to hear from you, Beth! Brad and I may be stopping over at the rally next weekend. Dave Winick is planning on attending Sunday too. I sure would love to see your beauties on the concourse!

photography
Old 05-12-2008, 03:47 PM   #195
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Vote ending this Wednesday

Wednesday is the deadline for voting on a campground!! We already have the dates pickout and written in stone at this point. So, if you have not voted and want to be counted, than you better voice your opinion on location by Wednesday night. Come on don't be shy....!

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:21 PM   #196
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagongirl
Hey yaul, remember us. Hope everyone is healthy and happy? I wore my 1st camp out tee shirt this weekend and thought of the good times had at that event and the 2nd camp out. Been working way to hard on the airstream this last weeek polishing. Kirk is wishing that it was an Avon right now, his poor hands and wrists are killing him(motrin around the clock).
But it does shine up very nicely. Going to TCT this weekend anyone else going to attend, or visit? It you do say hi to use we will be by the lake section. Take it easy everyone, travel safe. Kirk and Beth
Sure do B&K.. Glad you posted!!! I wanted to come to TCT this weekend but I will be in Dayton, Ohio for the Ham Radio Convention that I go to every year. Hope to go to the Sept one...