Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #241
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix'64
Hello all!

Sorry for diverting the topic from Metro Detroit......but Derek and I have an idea, and we want to bounce it off the masses.

We've just finished the Relay for Life here in Kalamazoo County. While at the event this year, Derek took note of the teams, the creative ways in which they raised money for cancer research and the travel trailers, tents, fire pits and all manner of camping equipment that was hauled out to keep the team participants comfy and cozy.

Guess what thought entered his mind? Yep, an Airstream team. Since the Relay is held here at the Air Zoo, there would be ample room to haul in several airstreams and park them in a nice grassy site bordered by trees (boondocking only). This year a classic car team held a "viewers choice" contest in which people paid a $1 to vote for their favorite car. What about $1 to tour the iconic airstream?

So, what think you, masses? Is this something you think might be fun....an evening of boondocking in support of cancer research? Please note: your response does not bind you into participation next year.
I would do it! I might even have Ike ready by then!

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:00 PM   #242
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag'nwagon
I would do it! I might even have Ike ready by then!
Thanks Dave! If we go forward with the idea, you'll be the first to know!
"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (honorary member)
Felix'64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:31 PM   #243
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
is there a date?
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:33 PM   #244
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Sounds good to me...
Old 06-04-2008, 07:20 AM   #245
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Derek
I received the new mounting hardware for the new axles yesterday. The delivery date for the new axles is July 1. Quality takes a little longer.Henshens busniess for replacement axles for Vintage Airstreams has tripled this yr.and the orders for Agricultural Axles had quad-droupeled, they are working 3 shifts to fill the orders. With all the failures of Dexter axles the demand is overwhelming.
I have several other issues that will take up the time. So I don't not want for things to keep me busy.
Roger
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:08 AM   #246
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale View Post
is there a date?
Hey Laura,

Thanks for the response! The date is usually around the last weekend of May (not Memorial Day weekend) or the first weekend in June. The final date will be selected in January.

Renee
"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Old 06-04-2008, 09:09 AM   #247
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post
Sounds good to me...

Thanks Ralphie!!!

Perhaps I should mention that we can't have alcohol on the grounds of Relay......

Old 06-04-2008, 10:10 AM   #248
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
NO ALCHOL, oh boy, I dont think this group will survive!

Old 06-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #249
4 Rivet Member

2003 39' Land Yacht XL 330 hp w/2slides
White Lake , Michigan
Hi Gang.
Back in town again. Happy,but broke. Can you believe the fuel prices? Count us in also Renee. I don't know how many people will pay a dollar to tour the MH,but just the fun will be worth it.
We will probably see you when school lets out and the grandkids can attend the air zoo. I know they had fun the last time. We will let you know ahead of time so you can arrange to have lunch with us.
Came into MI. on memorial day and didn't see an airstream in our travels until we got to the I-94 US-127 split and we seen one eastbound exiting south on 127 and another one westbound on I-94 at the same time. Of course,niether one waved back at us. Must be that old aluminium superiority disease we see a lot of. Glad our forums group doesn't seem to have it.
See you all soon.
bfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:34 AM   #250
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Glad your back Buck!! We hope to see you at a camp fire soon.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #251
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix'64 View Post
Thanks Ralphie!!!

Perhaps I should mention that we can't have alcohol on the grounds of Relay......
Hmmmmmmmmmm Why did Alcohol come up with a quote from my post?? Trying to tell me something? I dont get it ...
Old 06-04-2008, 03:39 PM   #252
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
One word -----recipe!

Quote:
Hmmmmmmmmmm Why did Alcohol come up with a quote from my post?? Trying to tell me something? I dont get it ...
Ralphie your "Recipe" seems to be the stuff of legends.....I've heard of it (hell, who hasn't??), but never tasted.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #253
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale View Post
NO ALCHOL, oh boy, I dont think this group will survive!
We're nothing if not predictable. And sad......

Old 06-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #254
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfred View Post
Hi Gang.
Back in town again. Happy,but broke. Can you believe the fuel prices? Count us in also Renee. I don't know how many people will pay a dollar to tour the MH,but just the fun will be worth it.
We will probably see you when school lets out and the grandkids can attend the air zoo. I know they had fun the last time. We will let you know ahead of time so you can arrange to have lunch with us.
Came into MI. on memorial day and didn't see an airstream in our travels until we got to the I-94 US-127 split and we seen one eastbound exiting south on 127 and another one westbound on I-94 at the same time. Of course,niether one waved back at us. Must be that old aluminium superiority disease we see a lot of. Glad our forums group doesn't seem to have it.
See you all soon.
Can't wait to welcome you back to the Air Zoo Buck!!! I still get a chuckle when I think about how I stalked your MH in the Air Zoo parking lot, only to meet you a few weeks later at the Rally.

Thanks for your input on the Relay for Life team. In fact, thanks to EVERYONE for their input on the Relay for Life team, what an outstanding group of people!

When I look through the forums member list, I come up with quite a few people in West Michigan I've never met.....perhaps it's time to start a thread for all those not in the Metro Detroit group (some might call 'em the smart ones........)

Old 06-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #255
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix'64 View Post
Ralphie your "Recipe" seems to be the stuff of legends.....I've heard of it (hell, who hasn't??), but never tasted.
Well looks as if we will have to do something bout that girl!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #256
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
Well looks as if we will have to do something bout that girl!!!
Bring it on!!!
Hey, when's your Christmas in July Rally?

Old 06-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #257
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
July 18-20 and we will have RECIPE!!
Old 06-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #258
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Quote:
July 18-20 and we will have RECIPE!!

Ahhhh....that's right. We'll be in Elhart Lake Wisconsin at Road America.

Derek is headed there as I type for the motorcycle races....he'll work as a campground host for the four days. Since they pay for his fuel to get there, feed him, give him a campsite, pay him a daily wage, and he has the chance to watch the races, it's like dream come true for him!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:57 PM   #259
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
DETROIT RED WINGS...2008 Stanley Cup Champions!! Yes!!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 11:54 AM   #260
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
We Rock!!! GO WINGS!!