Old 05-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #127
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
To the North or to the South!

Alright, I have contacted Walnut Hills and they agreed to be the option to the North. So I will start the Tally on all that Chime in and the majority will rule. My family will not vote on location unless there is a tie, sound fair?

The weekend for the Metro-Detroit Rally will be August 15-16-17 2008.

So, Come one, come all and cast your vote to get this thing going!!!

In the rather flimsy tradition of the Metro-Detroit Rally there is very little structure, I would like to continue the Beans and Weenies for Friday evening until they are gone or nobody wants anymore. As well, the trailer open-house on Saturday beginning around noon till all have seen all they want to see, and we have a lot of really nice and very cool Trailers (and Moho's)that have showed up to this in the past. Pot Luck on Saturday night which we will all discuss here before show time!

The options once again are Walnut Hills Campround in Durand Michigan

and,

KC Campground in Milan Michigan.

The voting will remain open for 1 week from today and than that's it!

I really hope to see you all where ever we end up!!

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:41 PM   #128
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Wallnut hills for me

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #129
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
I have a idea................. I can bring corn...
Old 05-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #130
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
I have a idea................. I can bring corn...
Did you hear that Folks...in the tradition of the Metro-Detroit Rally, Airboss is bringing Corn!! (just make sure it is enough this year Ralph )

Old 05-07-2008, 05:55 PM   #131
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
OK Dave..I can throw a couple exta ears in for the gang...
Old 05-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #132
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Also X-Mas in July rally will be at Walnut Hills as well on July 18-20. The whole campground is decorated up like X-Mas and our gang have gifts for the top 3 decorated sites...Pot luck Sat nite. I deep fry 2-20 lb turkeys with mashed red skins and turkey gravey. Its a meal you wont forget! There is also a New yrs dance on Sat eve and for the kids Santa will bring gifts to your campsite as well. its a great time for sure.. We only have 15 sites so if you want to join in the fun send me a PM. Rates are 27.00 per....Great swimming lake and tube the Shiawassee River from one end of the Campground to the other. Its about a 30 -45 min fun float!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 06:22 PM   #133
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
KC Campgrounds - Welcome - Southeastern Michigan Camping grounds

WALNUT HILLS FAMILY CAMPING RESORT in Durand, Michigan Rates Page

Here are the links, to check them out.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:39 PM   #134
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Dave
I vote Walnut Hills although KC is closer for us and others from Ohio. Rates are about the same. I can bring some Silver Queen Ralph ,that sounds good rite now.
Roger
Old 05-07-2008, 06:41 PM   #135
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
We paid for the X-Mas in July sites last July so I think we got them for 27.00 per... I can check with W.H. and make sure if anyone is interested...
Old 05-07-2008, 06:43 PM   #136
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit
Dave
I vote Walnut Hills although KC is closer for us and others from Ohio. Rates are about the same. I can bring some Silver Queen Ralph ,that sounds good rite now.
Roger
Roger if you saw how much I bring you may never want to see corn again...
Old 05-07-2008, 06:46 PM   #137
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss
Roger if you saw how much I bring you may never want to see corn again...
We actually make enough ethanol to get everyone home with the leftover corn on Saturday night.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:47 PM   #138
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
WOW Good one Dave..
Old 05-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #139
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Whoo Hoo!

Now we're getting somewhere!!

Again, Derek and I are up for wherever we wind up....it's all the same. We're just looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Here's an idea I tossed out to Ralphie last year - how about a "progressive" cocktail party during the open house? We move from A/S to A/S, sampling a different drink at each locale? Not all have to be of the alcoholic version......but those will probably be more fun.

Ralphie, wish we could make the Christmas in July party (I even bought all my christmas decor after you mentioned it last year....anyone need a silver tree and aqua and chocolate colored bulbs??), but Derek and I will be in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin with Felix. Derek is working as Campground host during the Vintage Car races. I'm going to oogle to the cars.
"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (honorary member)
Felix'64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #140
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix'64
Now we're getting somewhere!!

Again, Derek and I are up for wherever we wind up....it's all the same. We're just looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Here's an idea I tossed out to Ralphie last year - how about a "progressive" cocktail party during the open house? We move from A/S to A/S, sampling a different drink at each locale? Not all have to be of the alcoholic version......but those will probably be more fun.

Ralphie, wish we could make the Christmas in July party (I even bought all my christmas decor after you mentioned it last year....anyone need a silver tree and aqua and chocolate colored bulbs??), but Derek and I will be in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin with Felix. Derek is working as Campground host during the Vintage Car races. I'm going to oogle to the cars.
You heard it here first Folks Renee has volunteered to disorganize the progressive cocktail party on Saturday during the trailer openhouse!!