Old 03-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmotini
That's about a 15 minute caravan!
Now if it didn't take me three hours to get to Cape...that would be a deal.

Steve

Old 03-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

Somewhereinthewoodsof , Maine
All roads to cairo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
"All Roads to Cairo" traveling across the US with a rally destination in honor of the original. Cool idea that you have.
And cool name you've come up with for it.

I love that name.

Now we just need to track down all the Cairo's in the US.

Funny, of all the places, I'd expect maine to have one. We have paris, mexico, poland, china, moscow, sidney (not quite sydney), denmark, sweden, norway, madrid, peru, belfast, stockholm, Rome, Verona, Sorrento, Palermo, Naples, vienna, - but no Cairo. Damn.

The seems to exist in (correct me if I'm wrong)

AL, AK, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, MS, MO, NE, NY, OH, OK, OR, TN, WV.

We also have plenty of "cape" towns:

Cape, Cape Anne, Cape Arthur, Cape Canaveral, Cape Carter, Cape Carteret, Cape Charles, Cape Coral, Cape Coral Area 2 Matlacha, Cape Coral Area 3, Cape Coral Boxes, Cape Coral Coralwood, Cape Cottage, Cape Elizabeth, Cape Elizabeth Cape Cottage Pond Cove, Cape Fair, Cape Fear, Cape Girardeau, Cape Girardeau Mo 637, Cape Haze, Cape Horn, Cape Isle Of Wight, Cape Junction, Cape Loch Haven, Cape Lookout, Cape May, Cape May Beach, Cape May Court House, Cape May Point, Cape Meares, Cape Neddick, Cape Nome, Cape Pole, Cape Porpoise, Cape Rosier, Cape Saint Claire, Cape Saint Claire Legion Avenue, Cape Saint John, Cape Sandy, Cape St Claire, Cape Story By The Sea, Cape Verde, Cape Vincent, Cape Yakataga

With all those; there has to be some way for everyone to make it to SOME kind of Cairo.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
thanks. It would be nice to all converge upon the same Cairo, each different Capetown bearing origination flags and caravanning in as a group. I liked that forums international idea. Although a series of locations would be more accessable to more people perhaps.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:03 PM   #18
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Hillsboro , Texas
Route 66 would be a terriffic caravan and lots of history along the way!
JB
Old 03-07-2008, 09:13 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
And NO seminars, replace with sports and recreation. Schools out for vacation. Learn to knit or polish another time.

photography
Old 03-07-2008, 09:20 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I would be willing to travel to Cairo MO, or Cairo IL if enough people were interested. Cairo, MO is just north of Columbia, MO and would be easy to get ot for us.

The prospect of having a national rally (Other than the International) at several places across the US could be a huge thing.

Add me to the list when more discussions come out about this.

Steve
Old 03-07-2008, 09:58 PM   #21
Rivet Master

I'd do the Cairo, IL to Cape Girardeau, MO...a nice SP (Trail of Tears) at Cape and just up the road a nice KOA in Perryville, MO. We'd probably take the "Great River Road" Route 3 down the IL side, When is Wally's bday again? I remember there being talk of take your AS out "anywhere" that weekend last year...National Airstream day.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:59 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
Vacationland , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightjohann
Since few people could afford the time or money for the Cape Town to Cairo caravan in 2009/2010, has anyone thought of the idea of something like a Cape May, NJ to Cairo NY caravan? Kind of similar in name only, but it might be a way to salute those doing the African one and maybe just pretend you were in Africa. Do it in August when it's really hot

I dunno, I think of such silly things sometimes.

Or are there other similarly named "Cape ... " to "Cairo" type places in the US that would work?
I like it. And since my passport is expired Africa is out of the question for now and also could by a problem on the way to PEI this summer. Will there be "Out of Africa" costume contests? sign us up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	caravan1.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	55716  
Old 03-07-2008, 10:03 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Definitely "Africa themes" would be appropriate...politically correct of course.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:04 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni
I'd do the Cairo, IL to Cape Girardeau, MO...a nice SP (Trail of Tears) at Cape and just up the road a nice KOA in Perryville, MO. We'd probably take the "Great River Road" Route 3 down the IL side, When is Wally's bday again? I remember there being talk of take your AS out "anywhere" that weekend last year...National Airstream day.
Wally's birthday is 4th of July, ergo the WBCCI Internationals. I want to hear Pee Wee, from the rallies he has been to, the reports indicate that I have missed a great lot of story telling!

photography
Old 03-07-2008, 10:30 PM   #25
_

. , .
the national rally bug seems 2 hit in march...

every other year.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...lly-21394.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f232...all-21427.html

of course the member who started these past discussions is missing...

last seen at a small a/s luncheon, near donner pass.

so i c a rally theme brewing...

the airforums national rally, bring a friend to dinner!

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Colorado rally?

I'd be happy to find one in Colorado since Barb has suggested that since we've had the Safari 6 months, it's time to go to a rally. I've been sorting through all the rallies and am whelmed (not the same as whelped). All sorts of rallies where I don't want to be or during times when we've already set aside for other things. There was one that seemed a possible, but I'd have to chainsaw 4 feet off my Safari to fit, and I don't have a carbide chain and am unsure which end to cut off. There was a last minute BBQ last year on the Front Range and Gen'l Rodney vaguely suggested he might plan one in Colorado someday, but now he wants to go the Northwest. We're going to NYC, sans Safari, from Mid-May for 3 weeks, maybe NW with (I just used up all my French) Safari in September. I am confused by 3 different rally subforums and a convenient calendar that not everyone uses. There's someone in Paonia that has 4 Airstreams, so maybe we can drive 17 miles and just camp in the street next to them. I'd love to find out if Zep actually looks like his avatar and what's in that glass to do that to him. Help me before I do something constructive!

Ahh, the Daily Show is on now. I'll feel better soon.

Gene