Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #121
Certifiable

. , .
At the very least you'll need a leader.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:09 AM   #122
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
now that is exactly how it should be done...
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:46 AM   #123
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
In reply to number 117---I thought the WDCU was a part of WBCCI? zz
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:59 AM   #124
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
In reply to number 117---I thought the WDCU was a part of WBCCI? zz
The WDCU is part of the WBCCI. Airstream club vintage trailer WDCU WBCCI region 2 Unit 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampstead38 View Post
but the WDCU is not the WBCCI.

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:09 AM   #125
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Thank you! zz
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:50 AM   #126
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Wink

Can't we all just get along....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2-IMG_2184-Enter-Monument-Valley.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	91509   Click image for larger version

Name:	rally-field-full.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	91510  

Old 12-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #127
4 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
On the road since 2000 , norseaodyssey.com
$75.00 WBCCI dues...

It's been a month since this thread had its last post.

Given the tone of the thread started by LI Pets about the proposal to increase WBCCI dues for the IBT from $55.00 to $75.00 I cannot help but wonder why people are so reluctant to start a new club that will provide the type of experience that they would like.

I have never, ever, claimed to be the brightest bulb in the pack, but it sure seems to me that there is absolutely no reason for anyone to continue to support an organization that is run is such a fiscally irresponsible manner and is so staunchly unwilling to modify its operations in order to attract new members.

So, what would you like to see in a new Airstream club?

Jim

"Travel is fatal to bigotry, prejudice and being narrow minded."
norsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:41 PM   #128
4 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Malibu , California
I can not believe they want an increase, a decrease is more in order. Especialy with email available to all. I also did not know that we can not go to our local clubs outiings unless we are WBCCI members. If you like your local group you are hostage.
I wanted to change our number as we sold our rig and they charge 45 dollars to do that, it was not the money it is the principle.
I think the office is overstaffed not helpful and having to pay $55 for the blue beret and do the numbers members times 55 , is too much if you do the math of all members.
gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:03 PM   #129
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Gail, you CAN go to outings if they are buddy rallies. Those are rallies that any should be able to attend.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:08 PM   #130
4 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Malibu , California
I was told if we did not join WBCII we could not attend. The president of our unit's wife todl me that. I think i got it right and we like the group. What is a bddy rally?? and what is the dif??
gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #131
3 Rivet Member

1995 31' Land Yacht
Clovis , California
Hi, I am completely new. I have owned an Airstream for 12 days so I am not sure how appropriate my comments are. I know nothing about the structure of the WBCCI, the organization of the units, or program activities. I know nothing! ( : But as a real newbe I would like to make a couple of comments. While I don't like rules, I do think to be a Unit, it should be mandated they must have an active, updated web site. It's hard to grow without current info. Who wants to join something when the last message is from 2007. I personally would like to see a few interest group Units. For instance, a History group. Look at all the events that could be developed with a interest. Speakers, internet chats on a picked historical event, visiting sites with learning happenings, attending reenactments, book discussions, research programs/ home schooling programs, national, international, regional sharing. Units that want to make baskets from plastic bottles can still but at 73 that is not what I am interested in nor are my friends. Well you get the idea. Sort of starting at the bottom and organize up as needed unit by unit. Thanks for reading.
LuvRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:03 AM   #132
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Luvuring:

Great comment! I agree with you one hundred percent. When people compliment me on my airstream and having the knowledge to fix it up. I just tell them I belong to a group on the Internet called Airstream Knowledge forum. It is up to date, it covers everything I need to know about camping. What more could someone ask for? Why spend money and be unhappy belonging to a club which has so many people complaining about who knows what. I am sure some are very happy and others are unhappy.

This group is my club. Maybe it is not a club, but I call it my club to my family. My perspective is that this website is better then anything I have read about. The comments about the WBBCI have been very heated. It sounds like two people in the process of getting a divorce or the breaking up of a sports team.

I would like to camp out with a bunch of airstreamers someday just to share knowledge and friendship. I have 3 & 1/2 more years until I retire and hopefully I will have that opportunity.

I just don't see joining a club with so much conflict going on. If you want the young folks then listen to what luvuring is saying.

Brian
Old 12-17-2009, 04:45 AM   #133
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Quote:
Originally Posted by gail View Post
I was told if we did not join WBCII we could not attend. The president of our unit's wife todl me that. I think i got it right and we like the group. What is a bddy rally?? and what is the dif??
Well, I was looking into the exact wording in the bylaws on this but basically, units can have "Buddy" rallies where people who are non members of WBCCI and do not own an airstream can attend a WBCCI unit rally. Part of the original intent of WBCCI was to do 2 things, get people to buy an Airstream and get them to get out on the road with it.

The Buddy rally was supposed to get you out to a rally in whatever you owned, you would see the beauty of the airstream and the great activities and camaraderie of the club and you would just have to go out and get that Airstream and join right in.

Now, it seems that the buddy rallies loosely include anybody who owns an Airstream but has not yet joined the club.

What you were told was only partly true. But picture this, lets suppose that you hear of a unit going to an RV Park somewhere for the weekend and you decide you want to check it out, it certainly would NOT be in that groups best interest to shun you because you are not a WBCCI member, if you know what I mean.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote