Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Which weekend would work best for the LPPI rally? You can pick more than one.
July 14-16, 2006 3 23.08%
July 21-23, 2006 3 23.08%
July 28-30, 2006 6 46.15%
August 4-6, 2006 6 46.15%
August 11-13, 2006 4 30.77%
August 18-20, 2006 2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2006, 09:21 PM   #161
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Maybe she's watching hockey, like the rest of us.
Whaddaya think I am doing up so late lately? Reading the forums?
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:44 PM   #162
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
I'm checking my schedule but don't know yet if we can make it.
Al
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:30 PM   #163
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Carol sure has been awfully quiet lately..... Hmmmm.....
I think Carol was going to pick up her new Airstream today, but I'm not sure where from - possibly from the factory in JC or some dealer somewhere.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:36 AM   #164
HDS
2 Rivet Member

I haven't checked out Irish Hills Kampground, we drove by but we couldn't get in. It an old KOA, lots of trees, can't tell you more right now. We're tied up for the rest of the week, until at least Sunday, so I can't say when we can try again. I don't know the schedule at MIS, so I don't know about any conflicts with the races, I do know that they have a big NASCAR race mid June, and one mid August. The Indy car race in July doesn't draw as well, but I don't know how it affects camping in the Irish Hills. they camp in farmers fields for the NASCAR races, its one huge animal farm for a week. Sounds like John is on top of things, I'll try to find out more Sunday or Monday.
HDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:43 PM   #165
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl
I'm checking my schedule but don't know yet if we can make it.
Al
Al,
Would love to have you guys again. We need a huge show of support for the Canadian Chapter of the LPPI!
Maybe you can talk Peter and Sharon, (GT6921 on here), into making the trip too? Who knows....
Would love to have you guys.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:44 PM   #166
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS
I haven't checked out Irish Hills Kampground, we drove by but we couldn't get in. It an old KOA, lots of trees, can't tell you more right now. We're tied up for the rest of the week, until at least Sunday, so I can't say when we can try again. I don't know the schedule at MIS, so I don't know about any conflicts with the races, I do know that they have a big NASCAR race mid June, and one mid August. The Indy car race in July doesn't draw as well, but I don't know how it affects camping in the Irish Hills. they camp in farmers fields for the NASCAR races, its one huge animal farm for a week. Sounds like John is on top of things, I'll try to find out more Sunday or Monday.
John is on top of things like I have never seen someone on top of things before!
I am not picky about where we go. I just need someplace for the girls to play. Unlike their dad, they are not happy sitting around and bugging people. Oh, wait... they are....
Old 04-27-2006, 05:22 AM   #167
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Thanks. For the next two days, however, I'm on top of getting a rental unit ready for a new tenant so I may be a little quiet here. But I have made contact with several other members about attending and I have a probably can't from Sfixx and a would-like-to from a west coast transplant, TallZach.

John

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:44 AM   #168
Rivet Master

That is too bad about Steve. I was going to put him right next to Carol again! (Inside joke).
I think we need to nail down a weekend now.
I would really like to avoid MIS the weekend of July 28th. The poll was not the best idea I have ever had. If people could reply on this thread to say "Yes" or "No" for the weekend of Aug. 4th that would be cool.
As for the events:
Jeff Terry is willing to donate more "stuff" for the raffle. If you remember last year's rally no one went away empty-handed. Everyone "wins" something. These are not little things either. We had a lot of good stuff.
The potluck will be on Saturday, just like last year. If everyone remembers I do a REALLY mean smoked chicken. I did four last year and this year I may have to do six! Everything was wonderful at the dinner. I had some of EVERYTHING!
The evening fires will be the same. They seem to be better at night for some reason! Also, if I have more than one beer people seem to like me better for some strange reason.
As always, everyone is invited to have an "open house". I loved this because I did not stay at my site all weekend. I also got to eat and drink everything everyone else brought, (Candie thanks all of you for that).
I am also planning on doing some "activities" and award "prizes" for the winners of these. It will not be anything too invovled as everyone knows I like easy!
Give us your ideas for things to do or if you have something to add for the rally.
Carol did signs for everyones front windows last year. I still have mine. Signs this year will be another rally staple. If someone else would like to help with the design or the printing let me or Carol know.
John is now the new LPPI VP of Geography! Harold is now the LPPI VP of Exploration! Contragulations guys. It seems like everyone in the LPPI is a VP though so do not let it go to your head.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:43 AM   #169
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Getting psyched!!

Quote:
If people could reply on this thread to say "Yes" or "No" for the weekend of Aug. 4th that would be cool.
Yes for Aug 4, anywhere is fine by us, tin sista, hubby, a four year old boy!
Sounds like a blast we are really looking forward to our first LPPI rally!
Old 04-27-2006, 09:10 AM   #170
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Great for us

Hello everyone... Marvin and I will be on for that w/e... will try and talk Peter and Sharon ( aka GT6921 ) into coming... may bring a buddy also.. it looks like we will may have the Argosy ready to go.. if not SOB here we come.. Annie
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:14 AM   #171
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Hey, now we're rolling! There are a lot of new members to the board in the Michigan, northern IN region that we should poll to see if they are interested as well.

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:00 AM   #172
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Late Entry campground

Irish Hills Campground may not have a lot of W/E sites for us to use, I'm investigating. In the mean time, I found another campground in the Irish Hills area. It's called Apple Creek and they have a pool and a large group area that has electricity, but probably not water. The group area is separate from the rest of the campground. Here's the website:

applecreekrv.com

And this one, too. But it seems a little pricey, but looks nice:

http://sequoiacamping.com/

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:21 AM   #173
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
My vote

Applecreek RV looks good to us.. Sequioa is a little toooooooo pricey .. Annie
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:18 AM   #174
Itowair

2004 28' International CCD
Clinton Twp , Michigan
Aug 4

We vote YES for Aug 4 weekend.

Anywhere is fine.

If assistance is required please let us know.

Yes Lou we know that the more beer you drink the more we like you, but lets not find the other end of the scale.
ITOWAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:40 PM   #175
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITOWAIR
We vote YES for Aug 4 weekend.

Anywhere is fine.

If assistance is required please let us know.

Yes Lou we know that the more beer you drink the more we like you, but lets not find the other end of the scale.
I have reached the other end of that scale before. That was a long time ago though. Now I just get sleepy after three beers.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:59 AM   #176
Rivet Master

Quote:
Irish Hills Campground may not have a lot of W/E sites for us to use, I'm investigating. In the mean time, I found another campground in the Irish Hills area. It's called Apple Creek and they have a pool and a large group area that has electricity, but probably not water. The group area is separate from the rest of the campground. Here's the website:

applecreekrv.com

Apple Creek's group area has water/electric hook-ups. They have a really nice meeting room too.
Did you call them yet, John?
I can if you have not.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:06 AM   #177
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Apple Creek's group area has water/electric hook-ups. They have a really nice meeting room too.
Did you call them yet, John?
I can if you have not.
I've emailed them, but, as has been the case with the CGs, they usually take a day or two. I'll probably be able to start talking to everyone on the phone either tomorrow or Monday.

You like Apple Creek, then?

JOhn

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 04-28-2006, 07:19 AM   #178
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Irish Hills Kampground looks to be back in the mix. They actually have 100 W/E sites. There was a slight miscommunication. I would put them back at the forefront of things to do within the campground.

Quote:

applecreekrv.com

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 04-28-2006, 08:14 AM   #179
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
LPPI goody fund/donation?

Quote:
Jeff Terry is willing to donate more "stuff" for the raffle. If you remember last year's rally no one went away empty-handed. Everyone "wins" something. These are not little things either. We had a lot of good stuff.
Give us your ideas for things to do or if you have something to add for the rally.
Carol did signs for everyones front windows last year. I still have mine. Signs this year will be another rally staple.
Hey Lou, and LPPI movers and shakers...

I was thinking that with all this great stuff you all are working on giving away, well I know its not free for all the rally provisioners. I'd like to be able to chip in do you think $15 would be helpful towards all the goodies/sign makings?

For things to do? An octopus toss contest?

Go Wings! One team, one goal!!! Bring that mug on home! Sorry don't know what came over me...
Old 04-28-2006, 08:39 PM   #180
Rivet Master

Quote:
Irish Hills Kampground looks to be back in the mix. They actually have 100 W/E sites. There was a slight miscommunication. I would put them back at the forefront of things to do within the campground.
OK. I think it is now time to bring this down to one campground.
I am all for trying Irish Hills. If Harold has more to say on the subject I would be willing to change my vote. He visited the other campgrounds.
I would go out there tomorrow but I am going with a good friend to help him look over a used pop-up. I had a pop-up for years that I used for hunting. No way were my cousins gonna mess up my Argosy.