View Poll Results: Which weekend would work best for the LPPI rally? You can pick more than one.
July 14-16, 2006 3 23.08%
July 21-23, 2006 3 23.08%
July 28-30, 2006 6 46.15%
August 4-6, 2006 6 46.15%
August 11-13, 2006 4 30.77%
August 18-20, 2006 2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2006, 10:52 PM   #197
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS
Sign us up for August 4, where ever. I'll try to scout Irish Hills out Monday or Tuesday, we were out of town and couldn't take care of business this weekend. John, you're phenomenal. Sounds like a good time to me. Where ever we go, we can't get there until Friday evening, my boss is unreasonable and wants me to stay at work until quitting time.
My boss does too, but I am playing the "vacation day" trump card!

Old 04-30-2006, 11:24 PM   #198
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Lou and I'll do a little coordinating tonite or tomorrow and I'm talking to the campground on Tuesday. Anyone think of anything important or want to talk to me about reservations, PM me!
John,

We will talk tomorrow for sure.
I will be doing my engineering consulting tomorrow after work. I am going to be in the 12 Mile Rd. and Mound area until about 6 or 7 tomorrow night.
Did you get in touch with Irish Hills Kampground?

Lou

Old 04-30-2006, 11:29 PM   #199
Itowair

2004 28' International CCD
Clinton Twp , Michigan
Thumbs up Spreadin the word

Greetings all. This is ITOWAIR also known as Andy and Claudia Neumann.

Back from our Shakedown Rally and it was a good one, no rain , no snow , big campfires and even drive in movies.

I am ready and willing to spread the word for Loupalloza 2.0. I hope Lou met I was a good communicator and not that I had a big mouth .

From what I can gleen from this thread is we are going to the Irish Hills Campground the week end of August 4,5,6.

Let me know if I am correct and I will begin spreading the word.

PS when we have things firmed up we may want to start a new thread, this one is getting very long.

If we can be of any assistance please let us know.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:37 PM   #200
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITOWAIR
Greetings all. This is ITOWAIR also known as Andy and Claudia Neumann.

Back from our Shakedown Rally and it was a good one, no rain , no snow , big campfires and even drive in movies.

I am ready and willing to spread the word for Loupalloza 2.0. I hope Lou meant I was a good communicator and not that I had a big mouth .

From what I can gleen from this thread is we are going to the Irish Hills Campground the week end of August 4,5,6.

Let me know if I am correct and I will begin spreading the word.

PS when we have things firmed up we may want to start a new thread, this one is getting very long.

If we can be of any assistance please let us know.
Hello, Neumann!
Yes, we will be going to Irish Hills Kampground. As far as we know right now. The dates are a firm Aug. 4-6. The Patterson clan will be arriving a day earlier and departing a day later. I will be bringing my smoker and 6 chickens this time!
If anyone has anything they need to smoke, let me know. I can do it for you!
As for the comment about whether it is your communication skills.... Well....
Old 05-01-2006, 08:17 AM   #201
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
I haven't talked to Irish Hills yet. This past weekend was their season opening and they seemed kind of busy, according to an email. I should have them on the phone by the end of the day. What I really need to know is how many coaches over 30 feet can we expect? The campground appears to need to know that so they can put us in the right spot.

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:18 PM   #202
Rivet Master

Quote:
I haven't talked to Irish Hills yet. This past weekend was their season opening and they seemed kind of busy, according to an email. I should have them on the phone by the end of the day. What I really need to know is how many coaches over 30 feet can we expect? The campground appears to need to know that so they can put us in the right spot.
John and I just spoke on the phone a little bit ago. If you look at their map they have some pull-through sites that would accomodate the larger trailers and I am assuming they would like to have a ballpark idea as to how many of those we will need and then put the rest of us on either side of the "behemoths".
I would like to let John handle the "campground negotiations" while I move onto other things.

John-I am still here for you, buddy. We will meet for lunch on Wednesday for sure.

I would like to start on procuring T-shirts and other goodies. As Steph pointed out, a donation will be handy. This year I am actually considering making a doantion mandatory to get a T-shirt for your whole bunch. Steph is sending me $15 towards the costs of the rally. For that I will try to include the T-shirts for her whole crew. Also, I will have to talk with Jeff Terry and see if we can still get his graphics guy to do the work. I know that Jeff spent over $250 out of his own pocket for all of the T-shirts that we had last year. No one had to pay a dime and I am using mine as a nightshirt! We had right around 30 shirts last year. This year we will be looking at even more of them.
With more attendees that will also mean more "favors". Everyone knows I am the "King of Thirft" so I will do what I can to get donations and other things again.
We will also need "greeters", so that usually means whoever gets there first is a greeter!
Old 05-01-2006, 09:59 PM   #203
HDS
2 Rivet Member

We have a 27' Overlander. I'd love a pull thru, but you guys would miss an evening of comedy watching me try to back in. Grab your folding chairs, and your beers and watch the show.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:03 PM   #204
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS
We have a 27' Overlander. I'd love a pull thru, but you guys would miss an evening of comedy watching me try to back in. Grab your folding chairs, and your beers and watch the show.
Why do you think I am showing up a day early?
I want to watch everyone back up their trailers. When you are done I will then hold up a card with your score on it! Just like skating!
Old 05-01-2006, 10:26 PM   #205
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
hmmm.........

Getting there early could signal that you don't want others watching you to back up!!! LOL!!!! Just kidding..

We are trying to adjust our schedule. Maybe we could be there for Thurs.-Sat. Have to wait and see. Trying our best!
Larry and Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:26 AM   #206
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
Getting there early could signal that you don't want others watching you to back up!!! LOL!!!! Just kidding..

We are trying to adjust our schedule. Maybe we could be there for Thurs.-Sat. Have to wait and see. Trying our best!
Larry and Lou
If you remember, at the last LPPI Rally I had a lot of help to back up such a little trailer!

I hope you guys can make it. It would be a shame to have the only Minuet at the rally!

Lou-A-Palooza 2.0 here we come!
Old 05-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #207
HDS
2 Rivet Member

Scouting Report Part Dieux

The wife and I went out to Irish Hills Campground tonite. I really don't think the place will fit our needs. I think there's going to be problems getting level, many of the sites are kinda wavy. Theres a lot of trees, some of the sites may be interesting to get into. I'm not sure there are 15-20 sites together that are anything like we want. Individually, they might work, but not together. Also, the bath house is old and small, not really up to what I want to use. I really was not impressed. I apologize for this coming so late, but I really think Totem Pole Campground is more what we want. I'll camp anywhere and and this campground is in our backyard, but I don't think it meets the needs of LPPI. I'm still looking forward to meeting everyone where ever we go. Can we go tomorrow?
Old 05-02-2006, 09:56 PM   #208
Rivet Master

Looks like....

Well, I for one have to take my VP's advice! I mean a good executive is one that surrounds himself with talent! Look at Rick Wagoner, (uh, maybe not)...
I talked to the people at Totem Pole last year and they seemed pretty accommodating to our group's needs.
It is not too late to change our minds. Harold has done all of the legwork by going to the campgrounds for us. I am willing to take his advice. If he is wrong we can make him wear the pink beanie!
My main concern is seeing all of you!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:08 AM   #209
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
The issues I have with Totem Pole: too far east from the Irish Hills, not in the hills at all, and it looks like a field with no trees. Let me propose a compromise: level sites, with shade trees, a pool and mini golf: Apple Creek. They have a group area that looks to be electric only. I'll call them today to see what the deal is with the group area.

I'll talk to Lou about this today, we're meeting to discuss the rally.

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 05-03-2006, 12:42 PM   #210
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Between a call to the campground and a visit by our VP of site visits, HDS, it appears that the group area is both water AND electric. And they have a rec hall. And the group area is secluded so hopefully we won't get too many complaints from other campers. We'll hammer details shortly and have an announcement very, very shortly.

Quote:
The issues I have with Totem Pole: too far east from the Irish Hills, not in the hills at all, and it looks like a field with no trees. Let me propose a compromise: level sites, with shade trees, a pool and mini golf: Apple Creek. They have a group area that looks to be electric only. I'll call them today to see what the deal is with the group area.

I'll talk to Lou about this today, we're meeting to discuss the rally.

Visit my Camping Blog!