View Poll Results: Which weekend would work best for the LPPI rally? You can pick more than one.
July 14-16, 2006 3 23.08%
July 21-23, 2006 3 23.08%
July 28-30, 2006 6 46.15%
August 4-6, 2006 6 46.15%
August 11-13, 2006 4 30.77%
August 18-20, 2006 2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2006, 12:13 AM   #183
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Yes, I agree. I vote strongly for Irish Hills Kampground. They have a pool, a pond and a lake, free use of all of their recreation equipment such as the boats and the minigolf course, and are offering 10% off of an already low rate. Plus it's IN the Irish Hills, and so not too far from the antique shopping and the Mystery Spot. Prehistoric Forest used to be right up the road, but I think the dinosaurs are, well, tired.

Lou, HDS, anybody else? Say the word and I'll start hammering details with the CG.

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:19 AM   #184
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Yes, I agree. I vote strongly for Irish Hills Kampground. They have a pool, a pond and a lake, free use of all of their recreation equipment such as the boats and the minigolf course, and are offering 10% off of an already low rate. Plus it's IN the Irish Hills, and so not too far from the antique shopping and the Mystery Spot. Prehistoric Forest used to be right up the road, but I think the dinosaurs are, well, tired.

Lou, HDS, anybody else? Say the word and I'll start hammering details with the CG.
John,
If we do not here from anyone else let's do the Irish Hills Kampground, buddy.
Is anybody else reading this?

Old 04-30-2006, 12:24 AM   #185
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
John,
If we do not here from anyone else let's do the Irish Hills Kampground, buddy.
Is anybody else reading this?
Dunno, I just got home from my rec hockey league. We finally won a game in month! I hate ringers.

Got an idea on the number of sites we should shoot for? There have been several new forum members that have popped up on the last month or so in the Indiana and Michigan area, so we probably will attract a couple them.

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 04-30-2006, 12:55 AM   #186
Rivet Master

Quote:
Dunno, I just got home from my rec hockey league. We finally won a game in month! I hate ringers.

Got an idea on the number of sites we should shoot for? There have been several new forum members that have popped up on the last month or so in the Indiana and Michigan area, so we probably will attract a couple them.
Good you finally won a game man. Where do you play?

Last year we had a total of 16 trailers. We had only started out with about 5-10 of us. It grew to 16 about a month before the rally.

I am pretty sure we would be looking at 15-30 total sites booked. I am hoping for more. The more the merrier I say!

Here is the way we handled it last year:
1. We asked the park to set aside a block of sites to be booked.
2. We then had all of the attendees call in their own reservations and book their site.
3. They would tell them they were with the Metro-Detroit Airstream Rally or now the "LPPI".

I am actually planning on showing up a day early. I might stay a day later too. I had so much fun last time a weekend is not long enough.

On a side note, we have a few LPPI members who are not active forums members. I have taken the liberty to contact a couple of them via email to try to get them informed. Andy and Claudia are great at getting the word out to the Metro-Detroit WBCCI Unit. Andy is good at spreading the word. They are at their annual shake-down rally this weekend. I would have gone to that rally too but I had to work on my engineering consulting gig that I have started on the side.

I am all for Irish Hills Kampground. Don't they have a meeting room that we could use too? If they do, ask them if we could use it Saturday afternoon starting around 4 p.m.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:07 AM   #187
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
going in early

Hello Lou.. We are planning on going in early and staying a day later .. Annie and Marvin
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:42 AM   #188
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Thumbs up Sounds great...looking forward to the LPPI rally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Thanks for the offer, Steph!
I am not going to make people pay but it would help Jeff with the cost of the T-shirts and the door prizes. Also, since Carol is the "creative one" I was wondering if we could recruit her to do the signs again? With a donation we could help pay for the costs of that too.
Hey Lou,

The Irish Hills area is lovely, we are looking forward to the rally!

So we are going to send a $15 donation towards all these goodies, I can't believe it, t-shirts too? Wow!
I figured its safe to send the donation to your home address.

Please let us know Lou and LPPI execs how we can help with other rally fun stuff!
Old 04-30-2006, 10:58 AM   #189
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
This sounds good. I'll call Irish Hills today, if there's a manager available to talk to. We too plan on arriving a day early to hit the antique shops on Friday. That gives us Saturday to hang out at the campground, mostly. Hmm, would it be out of the question to call the rally for Thursday thru Sunday?

I'll get some informative type of call-out message up tonight for Monday morning. If anyone needs to talk to me, PM me for my phone number.

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 04-30-2006, 12:50 PM   #190
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers
Hello Lou.. We are planning on going in early and staying a day later .. Annie and Marvin
Good!
If it were not for you and Marvin I would have no Canadian beer!
I am soooo looking forward to this rally!
Old 04-30-2006, 12:55 PM   #191
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Hey Lou,

The Irish Hills area is lovely, we are looking forward to the rally!

So we are going to send a $15 donation towards all these goodies, I can't believe it, t-shirts too? Wow!
I figured its safe to send the donation to your home address.

Please let us know Lou and LPPI execs how we can help with other rally fun stuff!
Steph,
Thanks for the donation.
Jeff actually paid for the T-shirts for last year's rally.
I am wearing mine right now!
If you look at 66Overlander's profile picture Joe and Lorrie are wearing their shirts in it!
Carol helped with the design and Jeff got them. His cost was over $200 for the shirts alone last year.
If anyone would like to donate please let me know. All of the proceeds will go toward items used for the gifts and shirts. None of it will be used for payment to any of the LPPI executive paychecks!
We are a "not-for-profit" group that our only goal is to bring crazy Airstream and Argosy owners together in a public setting with the goal of slowly acclimating them for insertion into society!
Old 04-30-2006, 12:59 PM   #192
Rivet Master

Quote:
This sounds good. I'll call Irish Hills today, if there's a manager available to talk to. We too plan on arriving a day early to hit the antique shops on Friday. That gives us Saturday to hang out at the campground, mostly. Hmm, would it be out of the question to call the rally for Thursday thru Sunday?

I'll get some informative type of call-out message up tonight for Monday morning. If anyone needs to talk to me, PM me for my phone number.
Right now we have three of us arriving early and staying late:
You
Me
Marvin and Annie

If anyone else would like to do the same please let John or myself know.

John, PM me with your number and we will talk this evening about the plans for all of the other stuff, buddy.

I am getting antsy! I cannot wait!
Old 04-30-2006, 04:47 PM   #193
2 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 22
Carleton , Michigan
Metro Detroit Rally

If we stay in that area, I guess we will have to go see my mother-inlaw that lives out there.

Looking forward to seeing everybody again.

Shawn
Old 04-30-2006, 08:07 PM   #194
HDS
2 Rivet Member

Sign us up for August 4, where ever. I'll try to scout Irish Hills out Monday or Tuesday, we were out of town and couldn't take care of business this weekend. John, you're phenomenal. Sounds like a good time to me. Where ever we go, we can't get there until Friday evening, my boss is unreasonable and wants me to stay at work until quitting time.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:30 PM   #195
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Lou and I'll do a little coordinating tonite or tomorrow and I'm talking to the campground on Tuesday. Anyone think of anything important or want to talk to me about reservations, PM me!

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 04-30-2006, 10:51 PM   #196
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argosy man
If we stay in that area, I guess we will have to go see my mother-inlaw that lives out there.

Looking forward to seeing everybody again.

Shawn
Mothers-in-law... Gotta love em! It is what you will be still married to 25 years from now!