View Poll Results: Which weekend would work best for the LPPI rally? You can pick more than one.
July 14-16, 2006 3 23.08%
July 21-23, 2006 3 23.08%
July 28-30, 2006 6 46.15%
August 4-6, 2006 6 46.15%
August 11-13, 2006 4 30.77%
August 18-20, 2006 2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2006, 06:02 AM   #155
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
Lou,
Not sure if you intend us to vote here (and Lorrie and I cannot commit to anything yet), but we can rule out the weekends of July 28-30 and Aug 18-20 for sure, because we already have other plans. That leaves us as possibilities for:
July 21-23
Aug 4-6
Aug 11-13
I just noticed you added a poll to the top of this thread. In looking those six weekends over, and realizing that we are already camping on three of those six weekends, our participation may be questionable at all (gotta spend an occasional weekend at home), however, I limited my vote to the Aug 4-6 weekend in the poll (rather than the three I previously noted), because that might be the best fit around our other events.

So much to do - so little time.

WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:04 PM   #156
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Alright. We're looking to nail down the location by the end of the week. Anyone have any other CGs or locations to add in the mix? Post it now and then we'll add it all up and see what comes out. I believe we want to start reserving something by next week.
John and Harold have done a lot of legwork on this. Thanks guys!
I would like to do the Aug. 4-6 gig myself. The July one will be right around the same time as the MIS Indy car race.
As for the campground, I like the sounds, and looks, of Irish Hills Kampground.
Did Harold check out that one too?
I would like to narrow this down to two campgrounds.
I am thinking KC Campground and Irish Hills Kampground.
What do the rest of you think?
Carol sure has been awfully quiet lately..... Hmmmm.....

Old 04-25-2006, 10:04 PM   #157
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
I just noticed you added a poll to the top of this thread. In looking those six weekends over, and realizing that we are already camping on three of those six weekends, our participation may be questionable at all (gotta spend an occasional weekend at home), however, I limited my vote to the Aug 4-6 weekend in the poll (rather than the three I previously noted), because that might be the best fit around our other events.

So much to do - so little time.
I just hope you and Lorrie can make it. The girls sure love Lorrie. Of course, Joe scares them!
Old 04-25-2006, 10:07 PM   #158
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS
The cul-de-sac is really the center ring of the campground. There's 23 sites, in a circle,dead center of the campground, across the street from the bath house and playground.There's a pavilion on the corner at one end. All these sites have water and thirty amp electric. The lady says that area is open the last two weeks of July, I didn't ask about August. That area would work out real well for our bunch, they said their smallest site will fit a 32 ft trailer.
I have changed my mind. I want three campgrounds now!
Has anybody found out anything about Totem Pole having the "circle" available the first weekend in July?
Old 04-25-2006, 10:10 PM   #159
Rivet Master

Quote:
And now I have gotten a reply from Indian Creek in Tecumseh. I think I should have come concrete info on deals, facilities and availability by Wednesday.

So that I know what's up, I think I see, so far, if we do this in August (4-6, hopefully):

pattersontoo
wheel interested
HDS
ITOWAIR
Ayrstrm2
Tin Sista
JeffTerry
HappyCampers
Wagon Girl
Overlander66?

Loudruff looks like they can't make the first two weeks of August, but that's looking like the sweet spot for everyone. Can they change their plans?

Let's start getting a site count, so I have some leverage with which to get a good deal.

John
Potential Campgrounds for Rally
Add a few to the list of potentials:
Simcheck
Bates
Steve Fixx (sfixx on here)
Marvin and Annie Fisher (happycampers on here)
McIntosh (not sure if they are available)
John Truitt (ask Kirk and Beth aka wagongirl)
Old 04-25-2006, 10:19 PM   #160
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
John and Harold have done a lot of legwork on this. Thanks guys!
I would like to do the Aug. 4-6 gig myself. The July one will be right around the same time as the MIS Indy car race.
As for the campground, I like the sounds, and looks, of Irish Hills Kampground.
Did Harold check out that one too?
I would like to narrow this down to two campgrounds.
I am thinking KC Campground and Irish Hills Kampground.
What do the rest of you think?
Maybe she's watching hockey, like the rest of us.

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:21 PM   #161
Rivet Master

Quote:
Maybe she's watching hockey, like the rest of us.
Whaddaya think I am doing up so late lately? Reading the forums?
Old 04-25-2006, 10:44 PM   #162
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
I'm checking my schedule but don't know yet if we can make it.
Al
Old 04-25-2006, 11:30 PM   #163
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
I think Carol was going to pick up her new Airstream today, but I'm not sure where from - possibly from the factory in JC or some dealer somewhere.
WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:36 AM   #164
HDS
2 Rivet Member

I haven't checked out Irish Hills Kampground, we drove by but we couldn't get in. It an old KOA, lots of trees, can't tell you more right now. We're tied up for the rest of the week, until at least Sunday, so I can't say when we can try again. I don't know the schedule at MIS, so I don't know about any conflicts with the races, I do know that they have a big NASCAR race mid June, and one mid August. The Indy car race in July doesn't draw as well, but I don't know how it affects camping in the Irish Hills. they camp in farmers fields for the NASCAR races, its one huge animal farm for a week. Sounds like John is on top of things, I'll try to find out more Sunday or Monday.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:43 PM   #165
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl
I'm checking my schedule but don't know yet if we can make it.
Al
Al,
Would love to have you guys again. We need a huge show of support for the Canadian Chapter of the LPPI!
Maybe you can talk Peter and Sharon, (GT6921 on here), into making the trip too? Who knows....
Would love to have you guys.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:44 PM   #166
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS
I haven't checked out Irish Hills Kampground, we drove by but we couldn't get in. It an old KOA, lots of trees, can't tell you more right now. We're tied up for the rest of the week, until at least Sunday, so I can't say when we can try again. I don't know the schedule at MIS, so I don't know about any conflicts with the races, I do know that they have a big NASCAR race mid June, and one mid August. The Indy car race in July doesn't draw as well, but I don't know how it affects camping in the Irish Hills. they camp in farmers fields for the NASCAR races, its one huge animal farm for a week. Sounds like John is on top of things, I'll try to find out more Sunday or Monday.
John is on top of things like I have never seen someone on top of things before!
I am not picky about where we go. I just need someplace for the girls to play. Unlike their dad, they are not happy sitting around and bugging people. Oh, wait... they are....
Old 04-27-2006, 06:22 AM   #167
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Thanks. For the next two days, however, I'm on top of getting a rental unit ready for a new tenant so I may be a little quiet here. But I have made contact with several other members about attending and I have a probably can't from Sfixx and a would-like-to from a west coast transplant, TallZach.

John

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:44 AM   #168
Rivet Master

That is too bad about Steve. I was going to put him right next to Carol again! (Inside joke).
I think we need to nail down a weekend now.
I would really like to avoid MIS the weekend of July 28th. The poll was not the best idea I have ever had. If people could reply on this thread to say "Yes" or "No" for the weekend of Aug. 4th that would be cool.
As for the events:
Jeff Terry is willing to donate more "stuff" for the raffle. If you remember last year's rally no one went away empty-handed. Everyone "wins" something. These are not little things either. We had a lot of good stuff.
The potluck will be on Saturday, just like last year. If everyone remembers I do a REALLY mean smoked chicken. I did four last year and this year I may have to do six! Everything was wonderful at the dinner. I had some of EVERYTHING!
The evening fires will be the same. They seem to be better at night for some reason! Also, if I have more than one beer people seem to like me better for some strange reason.
As always, everyone is invited to have an "open house". I loved this because I did not stay at my site all weekend. I also got to eat and drink everything everyone else brought, (Candie thanks all of you for that).
I am also planning on doing some "activities" and award "prizes" for the winners of these. It will not be anything too invovled as everyone knows I like easy!
Give us your ideas for things to do or if you have something to add for the rally.
Carol did signs for everyones front windows last year. I still have mine. Signs this year will be another rally staple. If someone else would like to help with the design or the printing let me or Carol know.
John is now the new LPPI VP of Geography! Harold is now the LPPI VP of Exploration! Contragulations guys. It seems like everyone in the LPPI is a VP though so do not let it go to your head.