Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Which weekend would work best for the LPPI rally? You can pick more than one.
July 14-16, 2006 3 23.08%
July 21-23, 2006 3 23.08%
July 28-30, 2006 6 46.15%
August 4-6, 2006 6 46.15%
August 11-13, 2006 4 30.77%
August 18-20, 2006 2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2006, 05:05 PM   #221
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Unfortunately, work got in the way of pleasure today. I will call Apple Creek tomorrow and get the group area reserved for us.

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:44 PM   #222
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Jackson , Michigan
Hi all, If we end up going to Apple Creek Harold and I will go early in the week. We will both have to go back and forth to work on Thursday and Friday, but are only about 10 miles from work anyway. If you need info just let us know. Looking forward to seeing Woodruffs again and meeting you all in person, LeeAnn PS Could we try the pink beanie on VP HDS anyway? I think it just might be a good look for him!
mizlann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:54 PM   #223
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Question from the rank and file...

Are the pink beanies reserved for execs? I'd surely enter a raffle for a pink beanie as long as my union is ok with it--LOL!
Old 05-04-2006, 08:13 PM   #224
Rivet Master

Well, it looks like I gotta find a source for pink beanies!
Who here has not heard the stories of the LPPI name or the pink beanies?
Should I regale all with some campfire lore from last year?
<oh please say yes!>
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:20 PM   #225
Itowair

2004 28' International CCD
Clinton Twp , Michigan
August Camping Weekend

From Itowair's wife...

What about a 50/50 raffle at the outing to off set some fees for doorprizes or whatever goodies you are planning. It's just a suggestion only for some consideration so please no yeah or neah feedback; merely an idea that popped in my head.
ITOWAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:58 PM   #226
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Tell it!! Tell it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Well, it looks like I gotta find a source for pink beanies!
Who here has not heard the stories of the LPPI name or the pink beanies?
Should I regale all with some campfire lore from last year?
<oh please say yes!>
Ok sitting in a circle hands folded...
Old 05-04-2006, 09:02 PM   #227
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Hmm, I have a hard time fitting hats. I work with a bunch of Army soldiers, but I don't think they'd take kindly to me asking them if they know where to get pink berets!

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 05-05-2006, 09:32 AM   #228
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Reservation has been made!

I just got off the phone with Applecreek campground and have reserved the group area! They have room for 24 campers and claim they could squeeze 30 total in. These are Water and Electric sites and we have use of the Rec room as a meeting hall while we're there.

Here's a shot of the group area:

So let the planning begin!

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 05-05-2006, 05:03 PM   #229
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITOWAIR
From Itowair's wife...

What about a 50/50 raffle at the outing to off set some fees for doorprizes or whatever goodies you are planning. It's just a suggestion only for some consideration so please no yeah or neah feedback; merely an idea that popped in my head.
Ideas that "pop into your head" are more than welcome!
I think I am going to run with your idea, Claudia.
How about some suggestions for what we can raffle off? I am willing to lay out the cash for the items as long as I can recoup the cost of it. I am sure we can all think of something that everyone would love to get.....
Old 05-05-2006, 05:17 PM   #230
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Now that you have reserved the group area, how do we proceed? Do we make our own reservations and mention the group or what?
Al
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 05:33 PM   #231
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Ok sitting in a circle hands folded...
Ok, you guys have twisted my arm enough!
It all started after having about two "wobbly pops" around the Friday night campfire.
I was talking with quite a few of the rally attendees, (aka future LPPI Charter Members), when the subject of the WBCCI came up. Since we did have a genuine certified Unit President in attendance it was considered to be a good topic of conversation. I regaled all with my tales of the WBCCI back 25 years ago when my mom and dad were members and so were us kids. We had our own berets and name badges!
I also noted that I really did not think the WBCCI was for me. I then mentioned that we should start our own club! Since the acronym thing seemed to be a popular thing for trailer organizations we had to think of a name. I thought it should be similar to the WBCCI in acronym formation. So, somehow... we came up with the "Lou Patterson Partiers International"; now better known as the "LPPI"! It was certified "international" when we noticed that we had a contingent from Canada! That verified that we were international.
We then had to come up with some form of head gear. It seemed to be really popular in the WBCCI so I had mentioned something kind of stupid and then Kurt or John or Beth, (or someone from the other side of the campfire), suggested a beanie with a propellor on the top of it! After another beer I thought, "Ok, why not!". We decided to differentiate the LPPI from other clubs we would go with a pink beanie and the propellor would be a "special color" just for the LPPI officers! Sorta like the WBCCI officers. I then made my first "executive decision" to make the propellors aluminum in color for officers and white for "regular LPPI membership". After some more lengthy discussion I then made the next "executive decision" to make EVERYONE an officer since I did not want to leave out anyone with the "special propellor".
All of this snowballed when we got home and some of the attendees took creative license with my avatar picture. There were SEVERAL versions of the avatar and everyone changed their avatar to my picture for about a week. It was enough to actually spawn a thread titled "Hacked Avatars?".
It was all too funny and most on the forums did not get it. That is because they were not there. You REALLY had to be there to get it.
Who knows who we will be able to poke at after this rally!
Old 05-05-2006, 06:51 PM   #232
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Ok, folks, just a quick note, don't have time to do this justice tonight. I'll start a new thread tomorrow morning. Short answer for reservations is that I and/or Lou will be taking your reservation. The campground will deal with your registration when you get there. In the meantime, I'll set up some sort of process for us to register you and track the folks coming. Till tomorrow, bueno Cinco di Mayo!!!

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #233
Rivet Master

All you need to do....

To reserve your site:

1. Let John or I know you are planning on attending.
2. Let us know your intended dates of arrival and departure.
3. How many will be in your party.
4. First names of all in your party, (for your rally sign).
5. Ages of any children that will be attending, (for age appropriate gift)
6. Any location preferences within the group area, (i.e. want to camp near a friend)

If the park requires us to have you register individually John or I will let everyone know. Right now, all that is necessary is to let us know the above.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:20 PM   #234
Rivet Master

My thoughts on the group site....

I was just thinking about this group site thing.
If you look at the map I posted and the picture that John posted in this thread you will see that this is all pretty private for us.
24 sites all in a nice oval! It gave me some ideas too!

1. We can bring any type of screen tent or patio-type cover that you would like to bring. We can set them up right out in front of our sites. I have two 12x12 screen rooms that I am going to bring. I am going to use one for my outdoor cooking/eating.

2. The communal fire will be great with easy access to any of our trailers. This is gonna be awesome!

3. No one will be left out! Last year we were on two roads. We did have spots that were back-to-back but some were spaced out further from the others and we also had one that was on the opposite side of the one road. The Bates were way down on the end due to the length of their trailer and I felt that kind of left them out. Now everyone will be together.

This is just my rambling. If you guys can think of any other good reasons, or some ideas for what we can do since we are all so close together, post it! Share!
Old 05-06-2006, 07:04 AM   #235
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Jean and I will be attending. Anything Canadian we should bring along?
Al
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 07:55 AM   #236
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello Al and Jean

Looking forward to seeing you again.. Marvin and I will be attending... would not miss it... Annie
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:06 AM   #237
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Neato, already two confirmed! And I know that others have said that they are coming in the last couple of weeks. Harold and Leann are in, and I'm sure Steph(Tin Sista) is coming from what I can see. And ITOWAIR I believe has chimed as desiring to attend too. That's seven so far. That is so cool!

Alright, please watch this thread and the forum for a new thread about to open expressly for the rally and information about it.

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 05-10-2006, 09:40 PM   #238
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
We have started a new thread for the 2006 Rally, now that it is reserved and confirmed. More details will be posted to the new thread, so head on over.
John's link goes to another rally thread not related to ours...
Here is the link to John's thread....
http://www.airforums.com/forum...tml#post233175
Old 05-11-2006, 04:43 AM   #239
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Holy Jimini crickets! How in the world did that happen? I even did that in the middle of the day, with half a pot of coffee and no wine yet! Cripes. They used to let you edit your posts forever, now you just can do it for a couple of minutes. I'll see If I can't get somebody to fix. What a mess....

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 05-11-2006, 06:33 AM   #240
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Might as well have the moderator close the poll too while you are at it. That's why I didn't know the date was chosen before.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote