Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-10-2005, 06:01 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
homecoming 2005

i waited til this morning to post, for fear that i had consumed to many adult beverages last night, and wasnt reading straight.....but, yes its still there. so, i note with some amusement that attendees to this event can avail themselves of a free prostate exam....now, in this politically correct world i assume the ladies can also participate....i have always felt that if one purchases a new unit, a lagniappe of something gets slipped to you in the course....so, on further rumination, i believe i have stumbled onto something that will set a new precedent in the world of sales promotion. instead of cash rebates, and buy 1 get 1 free offers, airstream in order to clear out end of the year inventory could offer a free stay at the mayo clinic, with the purchase of a classic coach....now, wouldnt that be better then a trip to disneyland?
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 06:15 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Woo Woo!

Follow this link - in the "Events" description:

http://www.airstream.com/airstreamer...omecoming.html

AIRSTREAM PROSTATE UNIT

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:06 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Would this be a sales opportunity?

I wonder if anyone selling a 2003 19' Bambi (like yours truly) would be wise to take the unit to the annual homecoming at Jackson Center and put a For Sale sign in the window??? Or maybe post a nice flyer? Do folks looking for used AS's ever attend that event, or is it pretty much just current owners? That's only a couple hours from us...Just a thought...

Cherie
KY Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:08 AM   #4
DEO
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
West of Boston , Massachusetts
Thumbs up

Has anyone posted anything about this rally? It's going on now Yes? ..we wanted to go but we did not make it If you are there.. How is it going?
DEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:23 AM   #5
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I believe it is going on now.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:58 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87MH
Follow this link - in the "Events" description:

http://www.airstream.com/airstreamer...omecoming.html

AIRSTREAM PROSTATE UNIT

AIRSTREAM PROSTATE UNIT - Thur. 12-4 pm near guard shack. Free examinations available all day by Jackson center’s Dr. Mann

That puts a new meaning on 'Ben Dover' when you have an Airstream !
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 09:11 AM   #7
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
We'll have to remember to ask Rich if he took advantage of this service while at the homecoming....

didn't see it mentioned in the blog, though....

'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 11:04 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
1956 22' Caravanner
Mendon , Massachusetts
Send a message via AIM to muddy_hollow Send a message via Yahoo to muddy_hollow
Prostrate exams

Must be part of that total 360 QA program Airstream has initiated. Puts a whole new meaning to packing the bearings....

Agree with Chuck, let's see if Rich got his bearings packed. ....

muddy_hollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 08:20 PM   #9
1963 Globetrotter

1963 19' Globetrotter
Detroit , Michigan
Homecoming - Great Time

The Airstream Rally 2005 was a great event.
(If you didn't make it - Plan on Next Year!)
Returning home were over 150 rigs of all makes, models and types. The first flying cloud built at jackson center was reunited with one of the associates who built her! (both have weathered the years very well!)

Our hosts worked very hard to make sure our visit was comfortable and enjoyable. Everyone was treated very well and us "vintage folks" were made to feel very welcome.

It was really a come on home, see what we are doing, let's see how you and our products our doing, be our guests..

Plant tours and meeting the associates (employees) was very interesting.
Mr. Riegle and key staff were ever present.

The town of Jackson Center made us all feel very welcome as well.

Kudos to the staff who worked extra hard in the service area - trying to accomodate all the requests. And to those retired folks who came back to help in the store, with tours etc. your positive presence - I'm sure helped with sales - but generated much good will...

Of all the gatherings to attend - this is one! watch for dates for next year!
3237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 07:20 AM   #10
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Thanks for your concern, guys. I am getting old enough to avail myself of that service, but sadly I missed the mobile Prostate Unit. However, Dicky Riegel (himself too young to need annual exams) announced -- at dinnertime -- that 25 prostates had been checked at the rally. There was an appropriate round of applause.

Since you are so interested, I will check with Airstream to see if the Prostate Unit can be available at the upcoming Region One Rally, which I know both of you are planning to attend. They have a nice female doctor doing the exam, I hear ...

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 03:40 PM   #11
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rluhr

Since you are so interested, I will check with Airstream to see if the Prostate Unit can be available at the upcoming Region One Rally, which I know both of you are planning to attend. They have a nice female doctor doing the exam, I hear ...
Well, as tempting as that sounds, I'm WAY too young to be worrying about that sort of thing. : besides, I'm sure there must be some conflict involving the Canadian health care system that would make such a venture impractical. not to mention, that darned metric system. wouldn't want to get re-packed with the wrong grease-seals, due to a conversion issue. yikes!

'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote