Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Send a message via AIM to Silverexpress
GA-Stone Mountain Park Rally,April 27-29, 2012

RALLY TIME AT STONE MOUNTAIN PARK: Come and enjoy a true family adventure at Stone Mountain Park located in Atlanta, Georgia to be held April 27-29, 2012. What awaits you are rally reserved super premium RV sites, some even come with private decks and cooking grill. All the super premium sites are arranged around the playground, pool, volleyball court and large group pavilion. Propane is available on site and a small provisions store has some basic necessities. A special RV rally rate of $49.00 per night will apply plus free admission into the park. Each site has full hookups (water, sewer, electric, cable TV and wireless internet) so you are set. All the sites are close to Stone Mountain Lake which is ideal for canoeing or kayaking. Only small boats are allowed with trolling motors. If you buy the Adventure Pass for a day you will have unlimited access to all the park attractions plus get a second day free. Check out the Summit Skyride, the Sky Hike, Yogi Bear 4D Adventure, Lasershow Spectacular in Mountainvision, the Scenic Railroad, Cross Roads Village, Antebellum Plantation and Farmyard, Paddlewheel Riverboat, and some good hiking and biking within the park.

If you want to arrive earlier or stay longer, no problem, you still get the rally rate.

See the following for a full explanation of what you can do in Stone Mt. Park.

[url]http://stonemountainpark.com

Reservations can be made today so don't wait, get yours in and guarantee a spot for your Airstream. Tell reservations you are with the Airstream Group.

See you there, April 27-29, 2012 at Stone Mt. Park in Atlanta, Georgia.
AIR #34494

Living the Airstream Life:
Silverexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Tac-ga stone mountain park

Your attendance at this rally is with the understanding that it is not sponsored by any person or organization. No monies are being collected for any events, and the responsibility for all expenses is borne by individual attendees. Likewise, all liability for any accidents, personal injuries, or damages (either at the rally site or while traveling to/from) is strictly the responsibility of individual attendees. In other words, this event is the same as if you were traveling/camping on your own, and happened to arrive at a campground where many other Airstreams were staying. Organizers/hosts are only acting in the capacity of “information providers” and “facilitators,” and will be held harmless from any damage claims resulting from your attendance.

I just found out the rally rate will apply for both two days before and two days afterward. Also, the shuttle is available from the campground only on those days when the Laser Spectacular in Mountainvision is on which will be on one of the nights we are there. Otherwise parking is free and readily available.

One more thought, grocery stores are hard to locate in the immediate vicinity of the park so load up before you enter the park. The campground store has limited supplies of necessities so you will want to bring what you need.
AIR #34494

Old 08-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia

Cool Video showing things to do around the rock.

‪Stone Mountain Park - Video Tour‬‏ - YouTube
AIR #34494

Old 08-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Stone Mt Park Rally 2012

On reservations, we have a cutoff date of March 21, 2012 in order to tie down the rate with free entry to the park. So all reserved spots not tied down by the cutoff date will be released to the general public at the normal rate with no free entry. Solution? Make sure you make your reservation before that date and the earlier the better.

The park also has very clean restrooms and a laundry facility if needed.
AIR #34494

Old 08-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Sounds Like a Good Location

I know others who have stayed at Stone Mountain and thought it was a great place. We've been to the park several times and always had a good time. We're planning to see the laser show in the next few weeks and look forward to seeing it again if we attend the rally.

Thanks for organizing this. We'll keep the rally in mind.

Lucius

P.S. After re-reading the first few posts I noticed the disclaimer in post # 2. I find this interesting. It's the second time I've seen this type of verbiage associated with a gathering of campers on this forum - maybe there have been more of these disclaimers and I haven't noticed them. Regardless, I suspect this does not really protect anyone and I don't think it will keep some suit-happy person from attempting to dig into somebody's pockets if they feel they've been wronged. I don't see the need for this type of disclaimer and I think it fosters the wrong environment among participants of Airforums.
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly View Post
I know others who have stayed at Stone Mountain and thought it was a great place. We've been to the park several times and always had a good time. We're planning to see the laser show in the next few weeks and look forward to seeing it again if we attend the rally.

Thanks for organizing this. We'll keep the rally in mind.

Lucius

P.S. After re-reading the first few posts I noticed the disclaimer in post # 2. I find this interesting. It's the second time I've seen this type of verbiage associated with a gathering of campers on this forum - maybe there have been more of these disclaimers and I haven't noticed them. Regardless, I suspect this does not really protect anyone and I don't think it will keep some suit-happy person from attempting to dig into somebody's pockets if they feel they've been wronged. I don't see the need for this type of disclaimer and I think it fosters the wrong environment among participants of Airforums.
Thanks for expressing your concerns regarding the big issue of rally liability but that needs to be under a separate thread all to itself so as to not detract from the rally posts for the 2012 Stone Mt. Rally. Thanks for expressing your support for the rally however and I hope to see you there.
AIR #34494

Old 08-07-2011, 07:46 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
We are signing up asap! Can't wait for April!
Skatiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from Ga. . . just a note, A Super Walmart is located +/- 3 miles EAST of the park.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:08 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinManGa View Post
Hi from Ga. . . just a note, A Super Walmart is located +/- 3 miles EAST of the park.
That's good to know about the super Walmart. Never know when you might need a run to get something you simply missed. With the rally you get free entry in and out so that helps and this is not a major big event weekend so the traffic should not be lined up for miles.
AIR #34494

Old 08-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I will be signing up too
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:14 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
stone Mt Park Rally 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD View Post
I will be signing up too
Excellent!! May there be mucho aluminum present. Encourage your contacts to sign up. It's a good setup and everyone stays together. Even if you have stayed there before it's always fun. This will be like our third or fourth time at Stone Mt. Many don't realize there is such a nice place in the middle of Atlanta for RV and camping.
AIR #34494

Old 08-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1982 34' Limited
Brunswick , Georgia
Just signed up! looks like fun!
c_lewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:45 AM   #13
4 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
2000 33' Land Yacht
Ball Ground , Georgia
I just called and got my reservations for Stone Mt rally. Looking forward to meeting new Airstreamer's . I don't know what the final results to the get together at Hawassee will be but I do hope if others decide to come to Stone Mt. That people would not mind having others look inside your unit to see how you have customized and get some new ideas. April in Georgia is a great time to camp regardless of where we meet. Looking forward to going to this new place for us. Also will be in site 158 if latter someone starts the map locator.
AL’ UM- MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #14
Rivet Master

1982 34' Limited
Brunswick , Georgia
I am in #165. I have been to stone mtn many times but not to the campground. Looking forward to meeting some fellow airstreamers!
WBCCI #3321
TAC #GA-24
c_lewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Reservations Complete

I'm not a TAC member, but we're usually considered fun people! Just made our reservations today, arriving Thursday/26 April, site 164A.

I also posted to the RSVP page, here is the link (if you want to add your name, etc.): Airstream Forums - Tac-ga stone mountain park

If anyone wants a better look at the campground layout (than the site map on Stone Mtn's website), take a look in Google Earth.

FWIW: Reservation phone number is: (770) 498-5710, and you'll be talking to Darlene (who has a great personality).

Looking forward to 'streaming with friends at Stone Mountain.

Chief

AIR # 22776
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:50 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia

New Development. AlANSD who sponsors both Falluminum and Springstream each year in Georgia and I have decided to team up for this event so it is now titled TAC Springstream at Stone Mountain Park. So if you typically attend Springstream, this is your event.

I am currently working on some corporate sponsorship and I will let you know what I come up with later on.

Congratulations to all who have already made their reservations! You have a spot.
AIR #34494

Old 08-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
it should be a great change of pace for us after 8 or 10 Springstreams.
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Old 08-12-2011, 06:43 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia

Bring on your breakfast hunger! Batterblaster (really good stuff) has agreed to donate enough product for 60 hungry Airstreamers at the event. Now we need to make sure we have enough pancake grills and cooks to get the job done and keep the product cold until needed. This ensures that a breakfast potluck is in order for one of the mornings. All for now
AIR #34494

Old 08-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I have a griddle...large sized
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Old 08-14-2011, 09:55 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
We have attended springstream in the past and enjoyed it very much. Although it is too early for us to commit to this rally, it is for sure on the radar screen.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tac-ga stone mt.