Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #121
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Send a message via AIM to Silverexpress
Wonderful, thanks. Our rally is sponsored by Austin, Tx based BATTER BLASTER, the organic waffle and pancake mix in a can. We are going to need several grills to crank out the Batter Blaster pancakes. I use the stuff at home, it's good.
AIR #34494

Living the Airstream Life:
Silverexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #122
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Glad to I will bring it and Shan will tote her hot chocolate wiz bang machine.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #123
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
Sunday Brunch

I will bring my vintage waffle iron and a vintage 30 cup coffee percolator for the Sunday Brunch.Be watching for good deals on syrup.
I have had requests for there to be another "Tour Of Trailers" on Saturday, for those people who won't be set up in time for Friday's tour. So, for people who aren't rushing off to the Stone Mountain Attractions and would rather enjoy a relaxing day at the campground, we will plan a Saturday morning tour as well.Probably between 10:00 AM and 11:30 AM.
Kristi Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #124
3 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Greenwood , South Carolina
Did you say hot chocalate? That's my favorite, especially with a hint of rasberry.
musicmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #125
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
The kids love the coco-motion machine it makes great chocolate
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #126
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Either Kristi or I will check with the park and see how many rally spots are left. This is developing into a good sized rally so don't delay too much longer before making your reservation.
AIR #34494

Old 02-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #127
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
Stone Mountain Gathering

Will there be a microphone available? It would be nice to acknowledge those who drove the farthest, have the oldest or newest Airstream, are celebrating a birthday or Anniversary, and stuff like that, to help break the Ice at the "Meet and Greet". Be thinking of some other questions; like who has the youngest family attending, who brought the most dogs along, who has mice attending- you know what I mean!!
Old 02-12-2012, 07:16 AM   #128
4 Rivet Member

1999 27' Safari
Stone Mountain , Georgia
Syrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_lewis77 View Post
I have a griddle I can bring as well
I've got a couple of bottle of syrup (probably sugar free) that I will bring since I accidentally bought some when I didn't need it at home and it will take us forever to use it. Hopefully we can use it up at the rally!

Towed by 2016 Ford F-150
Tin Can Tourist
TAC #GA-27
AIR #34930
KAYAKAMPERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #129
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Yes, bring that syrup along. It sounds like a treat.
AIR #34494

Old 02-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #130
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
German Food on Thursday at Stone Mountain

On Thursday, KAYAKAMPERS would like to be a guide for those who are interested in eating dinner at a German restaurant in Downtown Stone Mountain.They live close to Stone Mountain and are very familiar with the area and the food at this particular German restaurant. The time to meet at the Pavilion, and a link to the menue will be announced shortly. It would be nice to know how many of you are reserved for Thursday and would be able to attend this.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #131
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
Dinner Menu

I think this is the restaurant and menue. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #132
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
Stone Mountain Campground Update

Latest roster shows that there are 3 sites left in the main purple loop and 8 sites left in the orange sites, that were added later on for the Rally. Get them reserved while you still can. In March they will become available to the general public.
When preparing your appetizers , covered dish, and brunch items, keep in mind the large group this is turning into.
First timers: Most folks prepare the food at home and freeze it ,so they can enjoy camping and rally activities without having to worry about fixing food at the campground.
The Sunday Brunch we will be preparing fresh pancakes and Waffles to go with whatever else people bring. There also will be coffee and cocoa provided.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #133
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB International
Mobile , Alabama
This rally sounds like lots of fun. I will be so glad when I am retired so we can participate in more rallies.
WBCCI #10360
Member Southeastern Camping Unit
Bettye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #134
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettye View Post
This rally sounds like lots of fun. I will be so glad when I am retired so we can participate in more rallies.
I'll second that motion! I keep reading this thread because I'm living vicariously through those of you that are going. Distance, time of year (kids in school), and gas prices keep my family from going to this. We've been to that area of GA before and would love to go back. But, it just isn't right this year for us. But I'm enjoying reading about it! The organizers are doing a great job (what I look for in a rally that I attend) and I'm sure everyone is going to have a great time. I'll be expecting plenty of pictures to be posted here during the rally so that us stuck with "virtual rallying" can enjoy, too.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:10 AM   #135
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
An idea for those taking pictures is to jointly post all rally pictures or videos to one site. We can include a link in the rally area for everyone to link to. There are several sites that will work great for this. Take pictures! Also, don't be surprised if you see the news media covering the rally. With so many silver spaceships gathered in one spot, the news outlets will want to document the event along with their alien owners ))
AIR #34494

Old 02-15-2012, 05:14 AM   #136
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi Foster
Dinner Menu

I think this is the restaurant and menue. Correct me if I am wrong.
Wow, this menu looks very tasty!
AIR #34494

Old 02-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #137
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
Get driving directions to Stone Mountain Park Atlanta Georgia

The East Gate Entrance to Stone Mountain Park is the one that is recommended in the link above. Apparently GPS directions are not advised, due to low bridges that some trailers might not fit under. Read your reservation guide lines before starting out.
Warning: Please be aware that you will encounter a "low clearance underpass" with a minimum clearance of 12 feet if your GPS directions route you to the "West Gate" of Stone Mountain Park via James B. River/Memorial Drive . To avoid this low clearance underpass, you should enter the Park using the "East Gate" via Exit 8 on US78.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #138
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Couple of things

I worked in Stone Mountain for several years and still do from time to time. That German restaurant is in an area where there might not be too much parking. Somebody may want to call ahead and ask.....

The "low bridge" that Kristi is referring to may be the railroad bridge that is just down the street from the restaurant. You can almost throw a baseball and hit it, literally. I've actually seen RV pieces lying about under that RR trestle.

By far the best route to the park is along Hwy 78. Approaching from the west, you enter the highway off of I-285. It's a wide, controlled access highway (like an interstate) right up to the park entrance. One word of caution, tho. If you leave the park and need to go south on I-285, you merge onto 285 in the LEFT LANE. ARGGGG. Never forget that Atlanta drivers are CRAZY. Approaching the park from the east is best on Hwy 78 as well. Lots of traffic lights from that direction, but a good road. Whatever do you do, avoid ANY ROAD with the words "Memorial Drive" in the name. There are several in the area and one of them has that low bridge on it.

Did I mention that Atlanta drivers are nuts? Full-Goose-Bozo best describes them.

We are hoping to be at the rally. We'll know in a few days if we can attend.

Good luck to y'all and have fun.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:59 AM   #139
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
Thanks for reiterating the warning because we don't want any dings, dents or worse.
It sounds like car pooling may be in order for the Thursday night German Restaurant. I seem to remember a large parking area off of main street. If it is walking distance to the restaurant that may solve the problem too.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:21 AM   #140
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Jim and Susan, hope to see you at the rally! Sounds like you know the area well.
AIR #34494

Tags
tac-ga stone mt.