Old 12-22-2011, 08:55 AM   #43
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
Georgia TAC and Shasta Rally at Stone Mountain Park

The Shastas are coming too! A group of local vintage Shasta owners have expressed an interest in joining us at the Stone Mountain Park Campground Rally.Such a great time was had with them, at the joint McKinney gathering in November, that a decision was made to include them at this gathering in April. You have plenty of notice to get your vintage Airstreams ready for the "Tour of Trailers". Even if they aren't ready, come on anyways, and let us see the work in progress. Come prepared with an appetizer for the Friday evening "Meet and Greet", a covered dish for the Saturday "Pot-Luck" dinner and a breakfast type dish for the Sunday Brunch. Times and locations will be posted later. Get your reservations made and plan to come join in the fun.

Kristi Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #44
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Send a message via AIM to Silverexpress
TAC-Springstream Rally at Stone Mt. Park

That is great news! We may fill up our reserved spots after all! After the New Year I will contact the park and see who is registered and for what spots. I think Alan mentioned he might be bringing his guitar and maybe some other members of the Airstream impromptu band. Keep in mind I have a bunch of Batter Blaster pancake mix coupons for the breakfast. We will need some large grills to crank out the cakes. We need to also offer some park group activities for those who wish to participate. There is the laser light show, and a climb to the top of the mountain would be good ones. Good job in lining up the vintage Airstream/Shasta owners for the rally.

AIR #34494

Living the Airstream Life:
Silverexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
we will try to have the band not a band play if we can get the players. I will reserve a spot ..just haven't yet. Too much $ going out right now!!
Happy Holidays all.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #46
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Alan it would be great to hear some really loud rock and roll! I'm really old school when it comes to music. What ever you can pull together is fine by me! All you kayak types bring your boats to play in the lake!
AIR #34494

Old 01-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #47
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
TAC/Springstream Rally, Stone Mt. Park

I just saw in the Atlanta news that a new attraction will be in place for our spring rally, Geyser Towers. Located in the Crossroads area, the two story playground will consist of suspended net bridges, tunnels, and open air platforms connected by climbing towers. This million dollar feature is geared toward kids, age 6-12 but adults can get as wet as they like plus there are benches for adults to sit while watching the kids. Don't forget that in the campground, next to where the Airstream group will be camped, is a nice pool that gets a lot of use.
AIR #34494

Old 01-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #48
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
TAC Springstream Rally, Stone Mt. Park

For those arriving on Thursday let's plan on a climb the rock right after lunch. Then you have the option of climbing back down the rock or taking the cable car down and walking back to your vehicle. The rock is easy to climb, just a scramble but wear good shoes and take some water. Later that afternoon there will be an easy paddle around Stone Mt. Lake for those who have kayaks or canoes. We will just meander around looking at whatever there is to see. Make sure you have and use your personal flotation device (PFD) and other safety equipment.

More events will be announced later
AIR #34494

Old 01-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #49
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
TAC/Springstream Rally, Stone Mt.Park

Stone Mountain Facts: Stone Mountain is the largest exposed mass of granite in the world! I have included a Georgia facts link for further information into the background and history of Stone Mt. Park. If you look closely you can see evidence of some early quarry activity in the area.

New Georgia Encyclopedia: Stone Mountain
AIR #34494

Old 01-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #50
Rivet Master

1982 34' Limited
Brunswick , Georgia
Most people take Stone Mountain for Granite, but it's really Gneiss!
lol!
WBCCI #3321
TAC #GA-24
c_lewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #51
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
Schedule of Activities

Planned Activities so far:
1) Thursday arrivals may like to join up for a mountain climb or group kayaking.
2)Friday arrivals may like to come to the 6:00 PM Meet and Greet at the Pavilion. Bring an appetizer to share plus your own drinks.We may have the pleasure of listening to the Airstream Rock Band following the social at the Picnic Pavilion.
3)Saturday: Enjoy what Stone Mountain Park has to offer then meet at the Pavilion at 4:00 with a Covered Dish for the Pot-Luck Early Dinner.
The Shuttle Bus will be available to take campers from the campground to the Laser Show which starts at 9:00 PM.
4)Sunday there is a nondenominational Church Service at the Picnic Pavilion. We are not sure of the time frame yet, but it would be nice to have a Sunday Brunch right after the church service before the check out time of 12:00 Noon.
Kristi Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #52
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Site Available

I just cancelled my reservation, so site 164A is now available (a nice site).
Chief

AIR # 22776
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #53
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Received notice yesterday that a new reservation has been made,yeh. Great lineup of activities for this rally. A great spring fling for you and your Airstream.
AIR #34494

Old 01-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #54
4 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Asheville , North Carolina
sad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
I just cancelled my reservation, so site 164A is now available (a nice site).
Chief
Chief

I was looking forward to meeting you at the Stone Mtn. Rally. After hearing all the glowing results from the Canopener and watching the video (several times) I was getting very excited.
I hope the cancellation is for a happy reason and not some gross stuff like bad axles or worse floor rot.

I do hope that our paths will cross at a future Rally and I can hear some more of the great stories from and experienced Streamer such as yourself. We would love to visit the Canopener, but with a child in School there is just no way to make it from NC to FL and back in a weekend. The 230 miles to Stone Mountain will be about as far as we can stretch a weekend.

If you have suggestions that a newbie should know before his first Rally please pass them along. You can always PM if needed. I want to be as prepared as possible. Having read some of the more recent threads I am a little confused .

Safe Travels.
Jon

'92 Excella 29'
Dodge Ram 1500
AIR # 59179
TAC NC-12
Chillpoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #55
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
If there are any questions about the Stone Mt. Park rally just post them and one of us will be getting back to you. Our main thought at this point is not to overburden the rally with planned activities when there is so much to do in the park and most will want to take as much in as possible. There will be a meet and greet on Friday evening, and a potluck style gathering on Saturday and a late morning breakfast on Sunday. Saturday night is laser light show. Other than that have as much fun and enjoyment as you care to engage in. Thursday for early arrivals there is a climb the mountain and evening kayak tour for those who have boats.
AIR #34494

Old 01-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #56
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Sorry you can't make it Chief! Surely we will bump into each other someplace down the road.

AIR #34494

Tags
tac-ga stone mt.