Old 03-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #183
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Send a message via AIM to Silverexpress
TAC-GA/SPRINGSTREAM Rally, Stone Mt. Park, GA

For the Duck Ride I will check on the times and get back with everyone. We need to make sure it's early enough so as to not conflict with the potluck which begins at 4:00. For those participating in the Tour of Trailers from 1000-1130 there could be a conflict but I won't know until I call. The Duck Ride vehicle will pick up those wanting to go at the park and return you afterwards. The park has requested a head count.

AIR #34494

Living the Airstream Life:
Silverexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #184
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Count me in for the Duck ride.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #185
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
The duck ride

John,

The Duck normally picks up at 9 am and they back before 10 am (about 50 min give or take). We do need to get this on the books sooner than later because a group your size (if they are all interested) is going to take several Ducks. Plus there will be other Guests in the Campground that will have the same opportunity to Ride the Duck.

The latest count for your group is that we have 5 sites that have not been claimed. There was one cancellation over the weekend and we added his site back into your group (site 159) - this site is included in the 5.

Thanks,

John Gombala
Campground Sales & Rally Coordinator
678-371-4971 (Cell)

WELL, THERE ARE FIVE SITES LEFT! The timing of the duck ride is perfect, leave at 0900 and get back by 1000. The Saturday Tour of Homes is from 1000-1130 for those interested. Remember, those opening their trailers for the tour need to post a sign saying..."Tour" or something to that effect. No one is obligated to participate in the tour.

Let's say respond back to me by the 18th of this month if you are going on the wild and crazy Duck Ride. Thanks!
AIR #34494

Old 03-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #186
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Just a reminder that this is the last month to reserve a rally spot and there are five left at last count. Hope to see you there!
AIR #34494

Old 03-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #187
4 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Asheville , North Carolina
Duck ride and other opportunities

Silverexpress etal

Thanks for all your work in pulling this gathering together for us. We are excited to be joining this our first AS rally. The three of us are counting the days till we leave to head down the mountain. I of course am counting how many days I have left to get the floor replacement finished. I have heard that it is ok to camp in an aluminum tent if the furniture is not back in.

Please put us down for 3 for the Duck ride. It sounds like a lot of fun and we can surly have the trailer clean before we leave so we are ready for the open house upon our return.

I will ask one quick question here so others can get the answer as well. Can you remind us of what all is included in our "package" and what we should be looking at as far as tickets. For example, do we need tickets to be able to hike to the top of the mountain or to attend the laser show? Some folks who are more familiar with the park may be able to help.

We look forward to meeting lots of new folks and sharing some wonderful pot luck food.

Cheers
Jon

'92 Excella 29'
Dodge Ram 1500
AIR # 59179
TAC NC-12
Chillpoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #188
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
What's free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillpoints View Post
For example, do we need tickets to be able to hike to the top of the mountain or to attend the laser show? Some folks who are more familiar with the park may be able to help.
You can climb the mountain for the mere price of your own sweat equity. (A concept you're clearly familiar with if you're replacing the floor!)

The laser show is free.

other free things:
You can visit the grist mill & covered bride. Also, there is a small granite quarry exhibit near the grist mill. There is a Carillon from the 1964 World's Fair that still plays daily.

my restoration & travel blog:
http://someday1959.blogspot.com
Someday'59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #189
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
TAC-GA/Springstream Rally, Stone Mt. Park, GA

In terms of our rally arrangements, the gate fee has been waived. That is normally $10.00. It may be helpful to have a rally sign or "Airstream Rally" on your windshield but the worse may be stopping at the window and having your name checked off. We have a special rally rate which is $49.00 versus the normal $57.00 per night. Your water taxi ride is free for those staying in the campground. We have free use of the pavilion. Use of the shuttle is free. Attraction tickets for adults are $29.96 (good for 2 days), children, ages 3-11 ($23.54 for two days). You will need a ticket for sky hike, the 4D movie, the Aerial Tram, the Antebellum Plantation, the new water attraction, the train ride, miniature golf, and some more. You do not need a ticket to hike up the mountain, go into the museums, use the lake, or view the laser/fireworks show. Be sure and check the website for more information.
Below is some information on the latest attraction at the park.
Stone Mountain Park Atlanta fun kids family attractions laser light show riverboat cruises scenic train ride the ducks plantation tours skyride
AIR #34494

Old 03-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #190
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
TAC/Springstream Rally

I just heard we have four sites left as follows: 151/152 (motor coach only), Trailer Site 140 on the Purple Loop and Site #7 on the orange loop.
AIR #34494

Old 03-16-2012, 04:45 AM   #191
1 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Lexington , South Carolina
Making progress on my Aluminum Tent... The axle will be here next week and that means add two more for the Duck Ride!

Looking forward to my first rally, Brian and Nikki
Old 03-16-2012, 07:11 AM   #192
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Two more for the duck ride it is! Best of luck with your AS modifications.
AIR #34494

Old 03-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #193
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
what the heck is the duck ride? Is that the water going bus thing? If so count us in..
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #194
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
My axle is also on the way & is scheduled for delivery on Wed. First trip out with my Bambi II, just got thru setting up at Flint Creek, Wiggins, Ms. One lesson learned- don't park too far for the sewage hose to reach. After getting almost finished had to move forward one ft. PITA!!!

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #195
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Yes it looks like a WWiII landing craft. It's a fun ride. I will forward the head count to the rally coordinator but be sure and ask about paying upon check in. Blow those duck whistles loud!
AIR #34494

Old 03-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #196
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
TAC/Springstream Rally, Stone Mt. Park, GA

The TAC spring newsletter is out and the Stone Mountain Park Rally is in this issue. The information was provided a while back but it still holds up pretty well.

Spring 2012 Newsletter - The Airstreamer's Club

Today is the drop dead date with Stone Mountain Park to make a rally reservation. There where only a few spots left days ago.

Now that spring has sprung, I need to venture into the pollen and begin getting the unit ready to roll. Best luck with yours.

AIR #34494

Tags
tac-ga stone mt.