Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2011, 06:48 PM   #121
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Celina , Ohio
Where can we find out more information about the dinning plan? All I could find on their website is about dinning plan with hotel stay.

Gary
Castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:54 PM   #122
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Dining Plan Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castaway View Post
Where can we find out more information about the dinning plan? All I could find on their website is about dinning plan with hotel stay.

Gary
If you look at the links on the right side of the page.
Disney Dining Plans | Walt Disney World Resort

For all intents and purposes, Fort Wilderness is a hotel... at least to Disney.

We used the plan that included one snack, one quick service meal, one table servis meal. There were some snack items that were essentially breakfast food (fruit and maybe pop tarts).

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:08 PM   #123
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
As I understand it, the dining plan can only be purchased if you buy the passes to the parks. Mousesaver.com has some information about Disney World including the Dining Plan. Keep tuning into the Disney website or sign up for special emails to see when discount dining plans are offered. Disney offers some great deals but they are limited to a certain number of plans per resort. When they are gone, they are gone.

Kathy
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #124
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Kathy you are correct. You can only get the dining plan if you buy at least one park pass.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-25-2011, 07:22 AM   #125
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
It's a no on the shirts. Apparently Disney has trademarked the ears and you can't put your logo over a Disney trademark.....

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #126
4 Rivet Member

1969 29' Ambassador
1985 31' Excella
1969 29' Ambassador
Crescent , Oklahoma
Does the dinning plan save money or is it just easier?

TAC OK-5
lahrfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:19 AM   #127
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
It's a no on the shirts. Apparently Disney has trademarked the ears and you can't put your logo over a Disney trademark.....
I was afraid of that.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #128
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
We purchased the dining plan for our 2009 DW visit. It averaged out to $16-$18 dollars a day per person. Check out the menus and prices on DW sites, nothing is cheap. We purchased our dining plan when DW ran specials therefore it was a bargin.

Kathy
TAC OH-12
Old 03-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #129
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
If there is a deal on the dining plan we may be interested in doing it. I originally said no because I was thinking we would have to head back to the camper for nap time. Once I thought about it I realized that a 4 and 6 year old probably won't be taking 2 hour naps in the afternoon. I keep forgetting that the kids will be so much older.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #130
3 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Fort Worth , Texas
OK, so after looking at the contract, are there any other fees for this rally? Sorry if I missed that post, but I've been reading through them from about page 5...

It looks like about $50-75 per campsite, then you decide if you want a dining plan. Will we get the opportunity to purchase tickets to the park at a group rate?

Again, sorry if I blew past it!

This is a GREAT idea, btw. The T-shirts looked so cool, sorry they didn't work out!!

Samara K.
Fulltime in our AS as of 9-15-10

www.steventothemax.com
steven2themax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #131
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
You didn't miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven2themax View Post
OK, so after looking at the contract, are there any other fees for this rally? Sorry if I missed that post, but I've been reading through them from about page 5...

It looks like about $50-75 per campsite, then you decide if you want a dining plan. Will we get the opportunity to purchase tickets to the park at a group rate?

Again, sorry if I blew past it!

This is a GREAT idea, btw. The T-shirts looked so cool, sorry they didn't work out!!

Samara K.
Fulltime in our AS as of 9-15-10
As of yet, the rally cost hasn't really been discussed. In the case of this rally, we are trying to keep things as loose as possible. We will probably have a pot luck and maybe a breakfast. However, Disney offers so much to do we don't want to over plan. Giving people the freedom to do as they wish. For instance, we will post the dates for certain shows (Hoop-Dee-Doo) and people can sign up for them as they please. If there is a rally fee, I don't see it being much.

We will have the opportunity to purchase park tickets at a discounted rate according to the proposal (which I think is in a different thread).

Nicki

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-25-2011, 09:37 AM   #132
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
I know that the more park passes you buy (1 day vs. 5 days) the cheaper the tickets become. We buy the passes that allow us to visit multiple parks during the day. That way I don't have to get too intense about where we are going, on what day, and when. It offers us a much more relaxed approach. We have favorite parks that we spend more time in and some we go just to ride the latest and greatest.

Is there anyone who is interested in visiting the "other" parks since we are down there? I am speaking of Universal and Seaworld. I ask because we always seem so foused on DW while in Florida, I haven't visited either of the other two.

Kathy
TAC OH-12
Old 03-25-2011, 09:40 AM   #133
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
Afterthought:

We booked a Character Breakfast and could only get in at 7:30 ish. If we took the bus transportation we were getting up really, really early. Instead, we booked a taxi and for about $10-$15 dollars we rode directly to the park (all five of us). Just something to consider when you can't get the reservation time you want or need.

Kathy
TAC OH-12
Old 03-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #134
owensLander

1966 26' Overlander
1958 18' "Footer"
1963 16' Bambi
Chattanooga , Tennessee
We probably would like to buy a dining package also. Thanks
1963 Bambi
owenslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:43 AM   #135
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
If there is a deal on the dining plan we may be interested in doing it. I originally said no because I was thinking we would have to head back to the camper for nap time. Once I thought about it I realized that a 4 and 6 year old probably won't be taking 2 hour naps in the afternoon. I keep forgetting that the kids will be so much older.
Honestly, our 5 & 6 year olds made it through 16 hours at the Magic Kingdom. We did 8am magic hours till the first round of fire works.

I think the cost of some of the dinner shows will be less shocking with the dining plan! 2 table service credits a person sounds better than 49 dollars a person. You can also spend your dining credits how you choose. Use two table service for a character meal and that frees up a night for eating at the trailer.

For small kids, the snack options might come in handy in the parks. They count for a drink or fruit or candy. There are also different levels of the dining plan to look at. It really depends on how you plan on doing your vacation.

It really is a personal choice. Please if anyone has questions about it ask here. Those of us who have used them will answer them!!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-25-2011, 09:45 AM   #136
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2K View Post
I know that the more park passes you buy (1 day vs. 5 days) the cheaper the tickets become. We buy the passes that allow us to visit multiple parks during the day. That way I don't have to get too intense about where we are going, on what day, and when. It offers us a much more relaxed approach. We have favorite parks that we spend more time in and some we go just to ride the latest and greatest.

Is there anyone who is interested in visiting the "other" parks since we are down there? I am speaking of Universal and Seaworld. I ask because we always seem so foused on DW while in Florida, I haven't visited either of the other two.

Kathy
Universal (according to a season pass holder) has some interesting rules. They basically have a Fast Pass system for getting into Harry Potter unless you stay on their property.... Wouldn't mind hearing from someone who has been there...

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #137
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Afterthought:

We booked a Character Breakfast and could only get in at 7:30 ish. If we took the bus transportation we were getting up really, really early. Instead, we booked a taxi and for about $10-$15 dollars we rode directly to the park (all five of us). Just something to consider when you can't get the reservation time you want or need.

Kathy
good idea!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-25-2011, 10:48 AM   #138
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
Quote:
Keep tuning into the Disney website or sign up for special emails to see when discount dining plans are offered. Disney offers some great deals but they are limited to a certain number of plans per resort. When they are gone, they are gone.
Kathy
So... if we leave our options open to purchasing the dining plan then we could potentially buy it on sale??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
Now I will go change your rsvp to a yes on the dining plan! Then I'll go change my own....any other takers?
If there's a possibility of getting the plan on sale... then "Yes" we would like the opportunity to purchase the plan.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #139
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someday'59 View Post
So... if we leave our options open to purchasing the dining plan then we could potentially buy it on sale??

If there's a possibility of getting the plan on sale... then "Yes" we would like the opportunity to purchase the plan.
We won't be able to find out until may. That is when the 2012 rates come out but I fully plan on check then.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #140
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Burnsville , North Carolina
Nicki, Thanks for all your effort to put this together. Will you update the info on your link adding instructions on when and how to book with the Disney folks?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally