Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2011, 06:35 PM   #101
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
ummm...yeah, hence post #99

Was there something else that was supposed to be noticed? Kinda seems like the prices are higher than expected, but I didn't expect this to be the cheapest camping trip I've ever been on.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:47 PM   #102
x

XXXX , XXXX
I can't read it. When I click on the link all I get is the Google sign in page.
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:15 PM   #103
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasagachris View Post
I can't read it. When I click on the link all I get is the Google sign in page.
I must admit...as much as I can read with no problem because I'm a Google member / user...posting via Google docs is quite cumbersome for anyone that's not a Google user. Why not "print" as a PDF (many free programs out there) and attach to a post here at the thread?
Old 03-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #104
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
Attached.TAC - The Airstreamers Club 2012 Contract.pdf

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): https://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: https://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #105
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
has anyone read the contract?
Under the influence of benadryl.... I was exhausted, jittery, and unable to focus when writing that post. I swear all I could read was the first sentence....

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:06 PM   #106
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Ahhhhh legal speak - gotta love it. Need time to study. We really want to make this rally.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #107
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy View Post
Ahhhhh legal speak - gotta love it. Need time to study. We really want to make this rally.
Make this rally -- RSVP now!

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): https://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: https://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
Old 03-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #108
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
did I mention it was a child's dose of benadryl....

(are you laughing yet Jason?)

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #109
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
BTW, I've just read the contract and noticed that it was incomplete, and not valid (it's missing the cancellation date on #10) and will have Nicki contact Disney to regenerate.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #110
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
I also noticed the cancellation date was missing. I talked personally to LeAnne and the 2011 rates quoted were about $20.00 cheaper than the normal 2011 rates. I was expecting the 2012 rates to be cheaper. Did she say anything to indicate that prices would be reworked in the future? I know LeAnne doesn't have the 2012 rates yet.

Tell Nicki that I bought two Disney sweatshirts today and will be wearing them at the Ohio TAC Rally to promote the Ft. Wilderness Rally.

Kathy
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #111
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
She has re-sent the contract with the dates in it. The rates are based on the 2011 season. If they do drop it shouldn't matter as we will most likely be renegotiating with her in a few months time. We have had some interest in the Dining Plan so unless people change their minds we will be renegotiating. This contract will be to hold the sites.

However, I did learn from fortfiends.net that we need to watch the online reservation system, starting when the 2012 rates get posted. Last year, and maybe the one before, the fort fiends cancelled their large group reservation due to a better deal online. For instance this year Disney had a rare FW 40% off discount for certain dates during value seasons.

Does anyone have anything they are concerned about in the contract? Or are we ready for Shawn and I to sign and send it in?

Which Disney sweat shirts? Share...share...share...make me jealous! On the shirt front, Leanne is trying to find someone to help us with the rally shirt logo question.

On the dining plan, I know that some put no on the RSVP that actually want the dining plan. So if you are one of those people please let me know......

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #112
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Ahhh...it's so nice to sit back on this one and watch others handling the logistics.

I'm not completely following everything with respect to prices. The whole full price / discount group / 2011 rate / 2012 rates /etc etc is just too much for me. I like campgrounds that have one rate. Less confusing.

It's also nice to have Andrea to differ to on this, too. I'm just the driver when it comes time to travel south for this rally. That's pretty much the end of my involvement in this. Oh yeah, and to earn the money to pay for the gas, that too.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:13 PM   #113
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
Dining Plan

Quote:
On the dining plan, I know that some put no on the RSVP that actually want the dining plan. So if you are one of those people please let me know......
Oops. I'm one of these wishy-washy people.

We can do without the dining plan. We have purchased it in the past and really enjoyed it but my husband reminded me that when we had the dining plan we bought it on sale. When at Disney we really love to eat out so I don't think we'll be eating too many meals at the trailer but it's just as easy to do without the "plan." So, count us out on the dining plan...
Old 03-24-2011, 04:15 PM   #114
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
Quote:
Does anyone have anything they are concerned about in the contract? Or are we ready for Shawn and I to sign and send it in?
Looks good to me.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #115
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
I would probably gain 50 lbs on that dining plan. We were last at Disney in '98. The food was just OK, nothing to really get excited about (and overpriced). Has the food gotten better since then? How good are they at acommodating food allergies? Older daughter cannot have gluten and it is very hard to find things without it when you eat out.
mcair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #116
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someday'59 View Post
Oops. I'm one of these wishy-washy people.

We can do without the dining plan. We have purchased it in the past and really enjoyed it but my husband reminded me that when we had the dining plan we bought it on sale. When at Disney we really love to eat out so I don't think we'll be eating too many meals at the trailer but it's just as easy to do without the "plan." So, count us out on the dining plan...
The food is sooo good. I think we'll just have to see what she comes back with. Since i want to do the Hoop-Dee-Doo revue and a view others...We are thinking about using it again. All depends on the price...

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-24-2011, 04:48 PM   #117
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcair View Post
I would probably gain 50 lbs on that dining plan. We were last at Disney in '98. The food was just OK, nothing to really get excited about (and overpriced). Has the food gotten better since then? How good are they at acommodating food allergies? Older daughter cannot have gluten and it is very hard to find things without it when you eat out.
The food was fabulous both time we went last year. Yak & Yeti, Rose & Crown...ahhh... I'm getting hungry.

My son is allergic to eggs, peanuts, tree nuts. I called into the dining reservation line. They put a note on our "Key to the World" (room key) and the chef at every full service (table service) restaurant came out to talk over our options. It was the first time we'd ever eaten out and did not have to go through the "grilling of the service people" (I was once accused of being rude by a family member for making sure my son could safely eat at a restaurant said member had picked for us to eat at ... it was a breakfast place).

Anyway, it was completely stress free. I don't know the ins and outs of gluten. If you do the Dining Plan call and ask questions...

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-24-2011, 04:56 PM   #118
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
We would most likely pass on the dining plan. Gluten is in wheat , rye and barley so anything made from flour has it so it is a challenge to cook for her when she visits. She has gotten very good at reading labels and now has an iphone app that tells her about most brands of grocery items and restaurant meals. Really comes in handy. She cooks most of her meals from scratch and eats lots of fresh vegetables with meat and rice. Much healthier and saves lots of $$ on her grocery bills
mcair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #119
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
We are interested in a dining plan. We used one in 2009 and it was a money saver. Convient, cheap, and ended up giving some of the snacks away as we didn't use all our credits.

Nicki I purchased a brown, longsleeved fleece that says "Rainforest Cafe Orlando" and a blue sweatshirt with Micky, a rainbow and "Disney World" on the front. Found them at a consignment shop for less than $4.00 each. Got lucky.

Kathy
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #120
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2K View Post
We are interested in a dining plan. We used one in 2009 and it was a money saver. Convient, cheap, and ended up giving some of the snacks away as we didn't use all our credits.

Nicki I purchased a brown, longsleeved fleece that says "Rainforest Cafe Orlando" and a blue sweatshirt with Micky, a rainbow and "Disney World" on the front. Found them at a consignment shop for less than $4.00 each. Got lucky.

Kathy

Officially jealous

Now I will go change your rsvp to a yes on the dining plan! Then I'll go change my own....any other takers?

TAC OK-42

]

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally