Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #781
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
count down update bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post

Just a reminder, we have 9 campsites paid in full. We are looking for another six.

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #782
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Warrenton , Virginia
Small switch in plan. I will be trading the wife in for our youngest daughter, 6 years old and should enjoy this trip immensely.

Nicki, I am shooting you a PM in a minute for reservation details.

I started a Blogish thread so you all can keep me honest as for progress!
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f417...ion-95803.html

(PS I am waiting on the UPS man to deliver some more goodies. Muuuhahaha So the next few weeks of restoration should be fun!)

Take Care!
Others: 1971 Chevy C-10 with 5.3 LS and T5 conversion, 1983 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer (FSJ) with 5.3 LS and SM465 conversion, 1979 Porsche 911SC
Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #783
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
Paid up!

Quote:
Just a reminder, we have 9 campsites paid in full. We are looking for another six.
I finally called today!
Old 08-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #784
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someday'59 View Post
I finally called today!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow View Post
Small switch in plan. I will be trading the wife in for our youngest daughter, 6 years old and should enjoy this trip immensely.

Nicki, I am shooting you a PM in a minute for reservation details.
sent you a pm

TAC OK-42

]
Old 08-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #785
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Warrenton , Virginia
PM replied and RSVP form submitted.

Thanks for all your hard work on this Nicki!
Others: 1971 Chevy C-10 with 5.3 LS and T5 conversion, 1983 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer (FSJ) with 5.3 LS and SM465 conversion, 1979 Porsche 911SC
Old 08-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #786
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
For you Android phone users -

Here is a link to the Fortfiends.net site app for Android phones. I have not tested it as I have an iphone and he is working on the iPhone app right now. For those wishing to check out a particular site you can put in the site number.

I have added this to the first post of the thread.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 08-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #787
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Per group email:

Hi All,
I just wanted to remind you that the deadline for making your reservations is Sept 4th. On that day, we are dropping all of the unused sites. If you have RSVP'd with but NOT called Disney you will not have a spot in the rally. Pleas contact me if you need the Disney Contact information.

We are still a few short of the 15 needed for us to keep the contract. I think we only need three more to pay for the campsites in full to reach the 15. I have contacted our coordinator to see how to proceed. If I understand him correctly, not much will change. The rate may or may not go up (the difference now is about $13 per night per sight), we will loose our coordinator, and you will be responsible for working out any problems you have with the campground personally (as opposed to me or alton helping you). Hopefully we will reach the 15 and it will be no big deal.

As always, if you have any questions please contact me.

Sincerely,
Nicki

TAC OK-42

]
Old 08-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #788
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Anyone who has an interest to attend this rally but has not RSVP'd with me, time is running out. We are releasing all unused spots back to Disney on Sept 4th.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 08-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #789
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Warrenton , Virginia
Doneski! Reserved! Booked! Looking forward to it already!

We broke the news to little Ava this morning about going to Disney for a week... She was in disbelief at first thinking it is a cruel parent joke. Then after a couple minutes started to warm up to the idea. Granted it blew her mind that this would be a daddy only trip and leave mom and the two older ones at home! The older kids can't really miss that much school, otherwise they could have gone... They did give the normal WTF dad, "why can't we go!" looks and questions. LOL

Things to know from my experience and questions!

1. The reservation call lasts 15-30 minutes so plan accordingly.

2. You can request a loop and loop classification type, but they will not guarantee what loop you will end up in.

3. You can add a meal plan later if you would like. You can modify the reservation in most anyway you want, minus the tickets, until 5 days before arrival.

4. Magic Hours! (free park time with a ticket - although the times don't seem that helpful for this week)
- 11/6 Magic Kingdom 8-9AM
- 11/7 Epcot 9-12PM
- 11/8 Hollywood Studios 8-9AM
- 11/9 Animal Kingdom 8-9AM

5. Park Hours - don't quote me on these
- Magic Kingdom
11/5-7 9AM-8PM
11/8 9AM-10PM
11/9 9AM-12???
- Hollywood Studios
11/5-8 9am-7pm
11/9 9am-4pm
- Epcot
11/5-6 9am-9pm
11/7 9am-12pm
11/8-? 9am-9pm
- Animal Kingdom
11/5-9 9am-5pm

That's all I have to report.

FWIW we reserved 11/6-10
Old 08-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #790

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fleming Island , Florida
We will be there on Friday the 9 and leaving on the 12th. We would love to meet you all. I hope some of you will still be there. We already had reservations.
jpklaiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:47 AM   #791
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow View Post
Things to know from my experience and questions!

2. You can request a loop and loop classification type, but they will not guarantee what loop you will end up in. You can also send in a site # fax request 5 days prior to arrival asking for a certain site. If you research this online the answers will vary but I know of many people who send in a list of three sites and regularly get one of the three.

From fortfiends.net
fort fax info

4. Magic Hours! (free park time with a ticket - although the times don't seem that helpful for this week)
- 11/6 Magic Kingdom 8-9AM
- 11/7 Epcot 9-12PM
- 11/8 Hollywood Studios 8-9AM
- 11/9 Animal Kingdom 8-9AM

There are two schools of thought on Magic Hours.
Commando Style -
If this is your first trip and you want to ensure you get your little ones on all the favorite rides with fairly short wait times, Magic Hours may what you are looking for. At the Magic Kingdom (pre-fantasyland expansion) we rode Buzz Lightyear, Dumbo, Snow White (no longer there), Peter Pan, Prince Charming's Carousel and it's a small world within the one hour of Magic Hours. (I did not see so much use for it in Disney Hollywood Studios if you have small ones. Toys Story Mania, the most popular ride, starts out with at least a posted 20 minute wait (if you avoid the stampede). In AK, the only benefit was getting to the Safari (unless you want to ride Everest) first.

Relaxed Style -
I've posted this before but Disney World | Disneyland - Vacation Planning Tools (a service you have to pay for) and a few other websites have "Best Parks". A park with either Morning Or Late Magic Hours will not be listed as a best park. These places base their best parks on crowd level.

Keeping in mind we are not going to be there during a peak season time, so plan or not plan accordingly. I have subscribed to touringplans.com, should anyone need info. After two trips to WDW, our plan will probably be to do Magic Hours on certain days then park hop to a "best Park" later.

5. Park Hours - don't quote me on these
- Magic Kingdom
11/5-7 9AM-8PM
11/8 9AM-10PM
11/9 9AM-12???
- Hollywood Studios
11/5-8 9am-7pm
11/9 9am-4pm
- Epcot
11/5-6 9am-9pm
11/7 9am-12pm
11/8-? 9am-9pm
- Animal Kingdom
11/5-9 9am-5pm

[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]I will be providing a flyer with a list of park hours at the onset of the rally.[/COLOR]
That's all I have to report.

FWIW we reserved 11/6-10
I would like to go back a bit and explain the stampede for those with children under 8. When the park first opens (at least during peak seasons) there are attractions that people walk really, really, really, really fast towards. Toy Story Mania, Dumbo, Space Mountain, Expedition Everest. If you don't wish to participate, just hold back towards the back of the crowd until the insane rush is over.

Is anyone interested in the Fast Pass system? If so let me know so I can try to explain it. I say try because we have never actually used it.

At this point, I would like to encourage anyone to do just a bit of research at the Walt Disney World Official Website to give yourself an idea of everything that is available.

Let me know if you have questions or need some help.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 08-31-2012, 11:50 AM   #792
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Disney World tickets discount - Disney World crowds calendar, planning tips, apps, ride videos & park opening hours also has a best park system.

For those with smart phones there are several apps that give you wait times for rides.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 08-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #793
1 Rivet Member

1971 21' Globetrotter
Punxsutawney , Pennsylvania
If we make reservations through Disney for this rally, and the group does not meet its minimum, do we have to pay the regular campground fees instead?

Also, for the adults attending the rally, if you are a registered voter in your district, ask your city or county for an absentee ballot as the rally is held over election day. I am the Judge of Election in my ward; the county has already been notified I will not be there.
PunxyQuilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:10 PM   #794
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunxyQuilter View Post
If we make reservations through Disney for this rally, and the group does not meet its minimum, do we have to pay the regular campground fees instead?

Also, for the adults attending the rally, if you are a registered voter in your district, ask your city or county for an absentee ballot as the rally is held over election day. I am the Judge of Election in my ward; the county has already been notified I will not be there.
Quote:
Per group email:

I have contacted our coordinator to see how to proceed. If I understand him correctly, not much will change. The rate may or may not go up (the difference now is about $13 per night per sight), we will loose our coordinator, and you will be responsible for working out any problems you have with the campground personally (as opposed to me or alton helping you). Hopefully we will reach the 15 and it will be no big deal.

As always, if you have any questions please contact me.

Sincerely,
Nicki
good reminder about the election. I am pretty sure that the rate will stay the same. I am also sure we are one or two people away from making the 15.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 08-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #795
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpklaiber View Post
We will be there on Friday the 9 and leaving on the 12th. We would love to meet you all. I hope some of you will still be there. We already had reservations.
the rally is from the 4-10th.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 08-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #796
1 Rivet Member

1971 21' Globetrotter
I read over the original e-mail you sent out. When it comes to the link that starts doc.google.com (etc.) I cannot access the document. Can you send me via e-mail the Disney contact information, please? mweimer@penn.com

Thank you!
Old 08-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #797
1 Rivet Member

1971 21' Globetrotter
Never mind, I finally put in enough passwords to make it work. Sigh....technology!
Old 08-31-2012, 02:58 PM   #798
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
See you there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpklaiber View Post
We'll still be there. I bet there will be some more that hang around, too.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #799
1 Rivet Member

1971 21' Globetrotter
Reservations made and paid.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:30 PM   #800
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunxyQuilter View Post

Glad to see you worked that out. I remember your revelation moment at the Bash when you realized that you would be out of town during election day!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally