Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2012, 06:28 AM   #701
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2K View Post
We've made all our dining reservations and have no dinner times open. We wil probably try getting in BOG (did Disney think about this?) for lunch. I will check the website for the first date to be able to make ADR's and post it here.

Can't wait until November.

Kathy
BOG - that's funny

I guess I need to check out the menu....

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:19 AM   #702
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
I just wanted to clarify something about the last email. Not everyone needs to pay in full but we are looking for about 15 sites to be paid in full before the rally. This ensures that we meet the contract requirements with a little wiggle room. If we cannot reach that number we will be forced to cancel the contract. All this means to us is that your rates would jump back up to normal.

Just to be absolutely clear, I am talking about the campground and not any tickets or dining you have planned.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 06-29-2012, 06:35 AM   #703
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Burnsville , North Carolina
We've paid. And are committed regardless of the group discount or not. The VAP podcast this week is from Fort Wilderness. My heart goes out to Tim's family. He posted they lost their nephew in a car accident.
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:38 AM   #704
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by constructor
We've paid. And are committed regardless of the group discount or not. The VAP podcast this week is from Fort Wilderness. My heart goes out to Tim's family. He posted they lost their nephew in a car accident.
How horrible. They are in our thoughts.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-14-2012, 08:14 AM   #705
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
Any updates?

It has been a while since new posts on this site. I was wondering how many AS have signed for this rally? Do we have enough "paid" campers to meet our contract requirements?

I contacted Disney as we wanted to camp next to some friends that are also coming to WDW. We had to supply some information but it was minimal and the request went smoothly.

I have continued to try reservations for the Be Our Guest restaurant at the Magic Kingdom. Sources said that reservations "may" be made starting in August-but I guess I am just trying to stay ahead of the pack. There are many posts of the interior of this restaurant and it looks to be a fantastic dining experience. There has been lots of buzz about Pinnochio Haus' new menu. I realized that we haven't spent much time in Fantasyland and am looking forward to doing so this trip.

Keep up the good work,

Kathy
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #706
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Sorry it took so long to reply to this post. We have basically been out of range and exceptionally busy this past week. My sister always keeps me hopping when I visit (even if it has been an exceptionally long time).

We have lost a few RSVP's which is to be expected. The current number is 43 RSVP's made to me with over 25 reservations made with WDW. We have 4 site reservations that are paid in full. We only need 6 more campsite reservations paid in full to meet the minimum requirements for us to keep the contract.

Glad to hear your request went smoothly. I would recommend you both fax in the same request (as well as your loop request) to Fort Wilderness 5 or 6 days out as well.

As for the restaurant, it never hurts to keep checking with Disney. Sometimes they open things for reservation before expected. Since this is a new restaurant, I would suggest you do like it's Chef Mickey's and call the day it opens.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-16-2012, 04:59 AM   #707
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
We will be paid in full by the cutoff date of Sept 30.

We didn't expect to purchase our entry tickets so soon (last month) but did so due to the impending price hikes. Due to that earlier-than-planned expenditure, the campsite pay-off is waiting a bit. There will be a shot to the budget soon due to this being a bonus month at work so we should be able to pay off the campsite without dipping into savings.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #708
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
We will be paid in full by the cutoff date of Sept 30.

We didn't expect to purchase our entry tickets so soon (last month) but did so due to the impending price hikes. Due to that earlier-than-planned expenditure, the campsite pay-off is waiting a bit. There will be a shot to the budget soon due to this being a bonus month at work so we should be able to pay off the campsite without dipping into savings.

I am glad you got those tickets before the prices went up. We still have two months before the deadline just so long as enough people step up....

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #709
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
just a little bump -

does anyone have an questions?
concerns?
tips?

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #710
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
Park tickets

Wondered if anyone had contacted Disney about quoted prices on park tickets. Early on I had a price quote on tickets from Disney and just wondered if this price was connected to our group contract.

I did contact Disney about the "free dining offer". Was told that the RV campsites were not included in this offer.

Kathy
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #711
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2K View Post
Wondered if anyone had contacted Disney about quoted prices on park tickets. Early on I had a price quote on tickets from Disney and just wondered if this price was connected to our group contract.

I did contact Disney about the "free dining offer". Was told that the RV campsites were not included in this offer.

Kathy
The campground is rarely, if ever, included in the free dining offer. The campground is usually excluded from most of your resort discounts too.

We do have tickets that are discounted via the contract.

Group Base Ticket -
2-Day
$155.28 - Adult (10yr and up)
$139.95 - Child

3-Day
$214.71 - Adult (10yr and up)
$193.62 - Child

4-Day
$222.38 - Adult (10yr and up)
$200.33 - Child

5-Day
$227.17 - Adult (10yr and up)
$205.12 - Child

6-Day
$231.96 - Adult (10yr and up)
$209.92 - Child

7-Day
$236.75 - Adult (10yr and up)
$214.71 - Child

For a Park hopper add $51.75 to the price.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #712
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
To give you an idea-

to buy a two day pass from WDW website it will cost you 189.50 for the same two days base ticket.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #713
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post

Getting much closer....

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #714
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
We are 2 hours away, would love to come. I better get to work!!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #715
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithgrowe View Post
I'm sure this is posted elsewhere, but what are the dates? We live about 2 hours away for there.
November 4-10 2012. We still have spots available.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #716
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
The campground is rarely, if ever, included in the free dining offer. The campground is usually excluded from most of your resort discounts too.

We do have tickets that are discounted via the contract.

Group Base Ticket -
2-Day
$155.28 - Adult (10yr and up)
$139.95 - Child

3-Day
$214.71 - Adult (10yr and up)
$193.62 - Child

4-Day
$222.38 - Adult (10yr and up)
$200.33 - Child

5-Day
$227.17 - Adult (10yr and up)
$205.12 - Child

6-Day
$231.96 - Adult (10yr and up)
$209.92 - Child

7-Day
$236.75 - Adult (10yr and up)
$214.71 - Child

For a Park hopper add $51.75 to the price.
Are those prices valid for 2012? I know those were the prices in the 2011 contract. I don't follow the planning proceedings to the letter, so maybe there was a 2012 contract / list posted and the prices are the same. We've already bought our tickets through Undercover Tourist so for us it's a moot point but even if I add 6.5% tax to the above prices, we could have saved $40 in comparison to undercover.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #717
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Ticket Question

Quote:
Are those prices valid for 2012? I know those were the prices in the 2011 contract. I don't follow the planning proceedings to the letter, so maybe there was a 2012 contract / list posted and the prices are the same. We've already bought our tickets through Undercover Tourist so for us it's a moot point but even if I add 6.5% tax to the above prices, we could have saved $40 in comparison to undercover.
Jason,
These are the prices listed in the contract proposal. The actual ticket prices aren't listed in the contract itself but as far as I know, we get for buying through the group contract. If you want to go through Disney for the tickets, you might see if Undercover Tourist will give a refund. Here is what I found on their refund -

Undercover tourist refund policy

I dug up a few of post I made about the Tickets. It provides a link to the proposal.

Quote:
I was told by Hector that if you purchased the tickets though disney it came with at least $50 worth of extras. He listed them all but I can't remember them all.
Quote:
Here is the proposal

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...thkey=CNvO8L0E

It includes the price and the discounts. Apparently (according to Hector... I'd double check if I were really interested) it gives us entrance to one of the water parks....in November....is it really warm enough for that.
I will be posting the ticket prices on the first post of the thread. I am sorry if there has been any confusion.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #718
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Jason,
check the type of ticket you purchased too. If you got a park hopper that could explain the difference in price too. The prices listed above are for base tickets.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #719
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Jason,
check the type of ticket you purchased too. If you got a park hopper that could explain the difference in price too. The prices listed above are for base tickets.
You're right, we did purchase park hopper, but I've accounted for that based on the prices you posted by adding the $51.75 per ticket.

I just know that the reason we jumped on buying tickets a month ago was because Andrea saw somewhere that prices were going to go up soon. I just wonder if the same will happen for the group rates since the ones posted are from the 2011 contract.

Not that it can do good for me now, but for the benefit of others... How does one invoke the group rates? Do you call Disney and tell them you want that group rate? Can you do it via the Disney website? Do you have to buy on-site in November?
Old 07-21-2012, 06:05 AM   #720
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Jason,
These are the prices listed in the contract proposal. The actual ticket prices aren't listed in the contract itself but as far as I know, we get for buying through the group contract. If you want to go through Disney for the tickets, you might see if Undercover Tourist will give a refund. Here is what I found on their refund -

I will be posting the ticket prices on the first post of the thread. I am sorry if there has been any confusion.
No need to be sorry. I know you've been posting a lot of info. I've seen the contract and remember seeing it some time ago. If there's any fault to be laid, it would be on the "planner" in my household. I wouldn't redo any of it for $40 and I have the added bonus that my price is guaranteed, rally or not, no matter when we go.

The contract link you posted doesn't work. Shawn had originally posted about 2 or 3 posts after your original with a link that works. There was also mention some pages of posts later about an updated contract for 2012. This I have not seen a link for; thus the reasons for all of my questions relating to 2011 vs newer contract. If there is a 2012 contract, please post as I'd like to see if anything has changed, i.e. campsite prices. Nothing will prevent us from going...it's just a budget planning thing.

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally