Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #581
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck21084 View Post
Tonga toast is the best. It is two slices of sour dough bread stuffed with bananas then covered with cinnamon and sugar.

This is served with syrup and strawberry compote in the side with your choice of breakfast meat. It's 12.99 and worth every penny.

The name of the restaurant is Kona cafe and serves breakfast till 11:30.
sound heavenly...

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #582
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Disney Bus Transportation Advice

Allow 45 minutes to get to your destination. This includes the max average wait time and max travel time.
Resort to parks, DTD, TL, BB, YES.
Resort to resort, NO, you must transfer at a bus hub in order to do this.
Parks to DTD, NO, you must transfer at a resort.
DTD to parks, NO, you must transfer at a resort.
Park to park transportation, YES.
Completely disregard the above information during opening and closing times.

DTD - Downtown Disney
TL - Typhon Lagoon
BB - Blizzard Beach
AK - Animal Kindgom
MK - Magic Kingdom
DHS - Disney Hollywood Studios

TAC OK-42

]
Old 02-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #583
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
This came from Fort Fiends.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
Allow 45 minutes to get to your destination. This includes the max average wait time and max travel time.
Resort to parks, DTD, TL, BB, YES.
Resort to resort, NO, you must transfer at a bus hub in order to do this.
Parks to DTD, NO, you must transfer at a resort.
DTD to parks, NO, you must transfer at a resort.
Park to park transportation, YES.
Completely disregard the above information during opening and closing times.

DTD - Downtown Disney
TL - Typhon Lagoon
BB - Blizzard Beach
AK - Animal Kindgom
MK - Magic Kingdom
DHS - Disney Hollywood Studios

TAC OK-42

]
Old 02-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #584
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Necessary Disclaimer

double post...

TAC OK-42

]
Old 02-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #585
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Necessary Disclaimer

I know it's a bit late but here it is. The necessary disclaimer-

Your attendance at this rally is with the understanding that it is not sponsored by any person or organization. No monies are being collected for any events, and the responsibility for all expenses is borne by individual attendees. Likewise, all liability for any accidents, personal injuries, or damages (either at the rally site or while traveling to/from) is strictly the responsibility of individual attendees. In other words, this event is the same as if you were traveling/camping on your own, and happened to arrive at a campground where many other Airstreams were staying. Organizers/hosts are only acting in the capacity of “information providers” and “facilitators,” and will be held harmless from any damage claims resulting from your attendance.

I have added to the welcoming letter and the old thread.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 02-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #586
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Whew, that's a mouthful........ But in todays times a necessary evil. Now read it using Mickey Mouse voice.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #587
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by constructor View Post
Ha, Jason I hope I wasn't misleading, the acreage is NOT on the Ocean, it is near the Ocean. I thought I would figure out how to post a google map quick (there goes my positive outlook again) and it stumped me. The acreage is about 15 miles from the Beach. The KOA is about five miles.

The acreage with electric and water is fun for hiking, biking, about and is about 12 miles from the wildlife refuge and then another 10 miles to the Space Center. There is a large fire pit and a covered area for a gathering.

The campground is very close to town, it is an old park with shade and mature trees and would afford folks to see old New Smyrna which dates back to the same time as St. Augustine. There is driving on the beach and several scooter rental companies. November can be really good Beach weather or it can drop below the comfort zone, we just never know.

If there is an interesst for anyone to arrive here before the rally, I would love to host a casual gathering at either place. Plenty of time for commitments, so I will throw this out there, around September - October and see if there is any interest.

All the planning and talking airstreams has me really wanting to make a northern trip this summer but between work and grandchildren to play with I think local camping is in the cards this year. So glad Nicki has got you all heading this way. The only month that rivals November for great weather in Central Florida is April.

New Smyrna Beach .com Turtle Mound Another cool site in our area.
I had an opportunity to see this property yesterday and let me tell you it will be a wonderful place to have a pre rally rally. There are plenty of hookups for power and water. There is an open gazebo for group meals that has running water and power. They have a building with a toilet,sink and a shower including hot water.
This property is huge with an overabundance of trails and wild lands to roam about in.
If we get a mini caravan going from the northern states it would be great to go here for a few days before the rally.
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #588
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Burnsville , North Carolina
Hey you forgot to mention the folks that are offering those to meet up early are fun too!! Ha. It was fun to show you folks around.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #589
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasagachris View Post
I had an opportunity to see this property yesterday and let me tell you it will be a wonderful place to have a pre rally rally. There are plenty of hookups for power and water. There is an open gazebo for group meals that has running water and power. They have a building with a toilet,sink and a shower including hot water.
This property is huge with an overabundance of trails and wild lands to roam about in.
If we get a mini caravan going from the northern states it would be great to go here for a few days before the rally.
You people with the WHOLE WINTER off of work SUCK!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #590
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
Fun, indeed!

Quote:
Hey you forgot to mention the folks that are offering those to meet up early are fun too!!
Hehe! Yes you are!
(Fun enough to get slobbered on by a bunch of animals with us at the the Wild Animal Park!)
Old 02-14-2012, 05:12 AM   #591
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
That was spectacular. Meeting you guys last spring, having a five year old grandson, and Nicki's enthusiasm added up to me being brave enough to give up forest camping for theme camping. I seem to being running into parents and grands everywhere who say they love Fort Wilderness with their kids. We don't have any other rallys planned but have long weekend trips planned fairly close to home. If you guys want to come to the beach this spring we have electric and sewer at the house now. Sadly, we don't have an animal kingdom near by, but there is a GREAT alligator farm in St. Augustine.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:38 AM   #592
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
You people with the WHOLE WINTER off of work SUCK!
I may have the whole winter off but I pay for it all summer long. When you guys are all out camping and going to rallies I'm the guy getting up at 5:00AM to clean the toilets and the pool. 30 weeks a year, 7 days a week and 18 hrs a day all adds up to 3788 hrs a year. The average guy works 50 wks a year,5 days a week, and 8 hrs a day so he works 2000 hrs a year. I think I have earned my time off all winter.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:44 AM   #593
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Hey you forgot to mention the folks that are offering those to meet up early are fun too!! Ha. It was fun to show you folks around.
Hi Ann sorry but I was a little distracted yesterday while posting that.
I had a fantastic time on the tour of town and all the sights. I really enjoyed meeting you and the constructor, you guys are a blast.
Seeing "Hailey" was one of the high points of the day too.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #594
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasagachris View Post
I may have the whole winter off but I pay for it all summer long. When you guys are all out camping and going to rallies I'm the guy getting up at 5:00AM to clean the toilets and the pool. 30 weeks a year, 7 days a week and 18 hrs a day all adds up to 3788 hrs a year. The average guy works 50 wks a year,5 days a week, and 8 hrs a day so he works 2000 hrs a year. I think I have earned my time off all winter.
I dream weekly of owning a campground. With the way my job is going right now, I'd love to be "stuck" being the handyman around a campground. Beats the heck out of coming home and having to keep working after dinner is over and I spend a few minutes on the internet. Too bad your campground is 8 hours away from me or I'd be your next employee!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #595
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
That was spectacular. Meeting you guys last spring, having a five year old grandson, and Nicki's enthusiasm added up to me being brave enough to give up forest camping for theme camping. I seem to being running into parents and grands everywhere who say they love Fort Wilderness with their kids. We don't have any other rallys planned but have long weekend trips planned fairly close to home. If you guys want to come to the beach this spring we have electric and sewer at the house now. Sadly, we don't have an animal kingdom near by, but there is a GREAT alligator farm in St. Augustine.
Ahem, umm, St. Augustine? How far is that from the much alluded to "place to camp" near constructor? Andrea has said many times that she'd like to visit St. Augustine. I checked the location on Google maps. So where is this place to camp (city would be fine, coordinates would be better)? We're in the process of planning out trip in the week prior to the FW rally. We were contemplating heading for the New Orleans area and then working our way east day by day until getting to Orlando. Now, perhaps we will not go so far west initially and instead shoot for the St Augustine area for 1-2 days prior to Disney.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #596
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Jason, It is normally super pretty here in November. St. Augustine is 85 miles away from Oak Hill where the private property is. I don't know the coordinates but if you google earth it is on Maytown road just east of i95 in Oak Hill FL. I will post pictures next time I am out that way to take them.

Anastasia State Park is on the ocean an practically downtown st. augustine. The alligator farm is right out the entrance. http://www.alligatorfarm.com/.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #597
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Jason, It is normally super pretty here in November. St. Augustine is 85 miles away from Oak Hill where the private property is. I don't know the coordinates but if you google earth it is on Maytown road just east of i95 in Oak Hill FL. I will post pictures next time I am out that way to take them.

Anastasia State Park is on the ocean an practically downtown st. augustine. The alligator farm is right out the entrance. St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park and Crocodile Crossing Zip Line.
we will be hanging around Florida after the rally....

TAC OK-42

]
Old 02-16-2012, 05:42 AM   #598
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
I'll see about making the time to do another thread, titled favorite places and things to do in Florida. Outside the theme parks we have the beaches, fishing, golfing (year around), historic sites, woods with lots of lil black bears, springs with manatees in winter, in rivers in summer. Big horse shows! Polo, I think our crowning jewel is our 70 yo 80 degree days from November to April. Course we have periods of cold but in general not more than a few days at a time.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #599
1 Rivet Member

1971 21' Globetrotter
Punxsutawney , Pennsylvania
After reading 3/4 of the pages here and not finding "this is how to sign up and who to contact at WDW", I finally RSVP'd. Then, as I kept reading the posts, I saw that the WDW contact info will be in the RSVP reply. If I hadn't read this thread last summer, I might have given up any thought of this trip. The only selection on the site choices was "preferred". What does that mean? Will we be missing anything? Must walk away from the computer now; my eyes won't focus on anything further than 15 feet away.

Becky
Punxsutawney, PA
PunxyQuilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #600
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunxyQuilter View Post
After reading 3/4 of the pages here and not finding "this is how to sign up and who to contact at WDW", I finally RSVP'd. Then, as I kept reading the posts, I saw that the WDW contact info will be in the RSVP reply. If I hadn't read this thread last summer, I might have given up any thought of this trip. The only selection on the site choices was "preferred". What does that mean? Will we be missing anything? Must walk away from the computer now; my eyes won't focus on anything further than 15 feet away.

Becky
Punxsutawney, PA
Hi Becky,
sorry it took so long to answer this post. Your reservation email is on the way. The reason the RSVP info is not on the first page is that we had to wait almost 4 months from the time we reserved for the rally until that information was available. By which time I could no longer edit the first post to add the necessary information.

There are three type of sites available to us from Disney. Full Hook-up, Preferred, and premium. It's mostly all about the location of the sites. Full Hook-up are further from the Marina, dog park, and Trails end than preferred or premium. Premium are the largest of the sites. They accomodate larger rigs.

As far as our RSVP goes, we have available(including yours)-

Full hookup - 0 of 10
Preferred - 6 of 25
Premium - 1 of 15

The Fort has an excellent internal bus system, golf cart rentals, and the ability to ride your bike to wherever you wish to go.

Let me know if you have any questions I can answer.

TAC OK-42

]

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally